Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I have the good fortune to live only a few miles from the Good Prophets Vape Store. I stopped in for some e-juice, and PV adapters last week. :)

Rob (the owner) and I were talking vaping, PVs, and some PV political issues, when he took a drag from a Provari with a tank reservoir attached to the end. There was some plumes of vapor coming from it, and I asked if he made it. The answer was YES, and he proceeded to show me how it worked.

I was thinking just another MAP Tank... Damn, I was mistaken. One of the gripes regarding the tank mods is not being easily able to gut or cut the tubing of the CE2 R-4 cartos to change when needed. Well, the GP-SSR (Simple Service Reservoir) can utilize Clearomizer cartos!! the coil /wick/ ceramic cup are easily removed on these, and the standard size 510 version Clearomizer simply screws into the inner base of the GP-SSR after an included O ring is placed over the 510 threads. No more struggling to push a carto that was tube-cut in through a tight opening.

The reservoir body is made of syringe grade plastic, and will not crack easily unlike a bunch of Clearomizers I've been through. It holds 4+ mls of juice

The outer bottom base is threaded for the 901. GP includes an adapter to screw in which will fit 510 connectors. I'm not totally clear on why this is, but it works great. ;)

The top has the CE2 silicone ceramic cup cover / fill cap fitted into it.. This makes it fantastic for filling without a syringe, (just pop the top cap & fill) and also seals the ceramic carto cup when pushed back in. There is a short piece of 510 tubing that sticks out of the top to plug the drip tip in.. I'm pretty sure the DT is included also.

This unit was given to me for review... I have been vaping with it on a Steampunk Sparkplug PV @ 3.7v for two solid days now. The taste is VERY good, the vapor production is VERY good with no major wicking issues, the ease of use, changing the coil/wick/ceramic cup with another Clearomizer is VERY easy, and cleaning is not bad at all. These will be available for purchase at Good Prophets hopefully within a couple of weeks.

http://www.goodprophets.com/home.htm

The only thing I would change at this point, is doing away with the 901 to 510 adapter, and making the tubing body in an XL size. I will update this review in 5 more days to report any negative issues that may come up. So far, NO leaks whatsoever. I've had it upside-down, and laid on it's side. Here are some pics.. (Click To Enlarge)

Comparison of the Steampunk Sparkplug with the GP-SSR & REO Mini

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
There are many versions of these tanks out now, good to see people experimenting w/ different methods. The keys are no leaks and easy fill, seems like he has that figured out.

Yes, the design is great.. I'm on the 3rd refill now with no leaking or dry wicking. I am impressed. :) I want to grab a pack of the thick wick CE2-X's to see how well they do in the GP-SSR. ;)

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Along with ez filling and not leaking the third important thing is how difficult is it to change the ce-2 guts. You just screw out the old one and screw in the new one correct? If so, that is smart thinking right there.

That's the beauty of it.... It's VERY easy with a Clearomizer.. Pull the CE2 out of the tube.. Screw it right into the GP-SSR. It IS a Simple Service Reservoir.. :)

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Just an update... The GP-SSR has vaped VERY well since I've had it. No leaks, easy fill. :)

I am currently using the new CE2-X's in it, and aside for the thick wicks being a tad short in the GP-SSR, it is vaping better than ever with the CE2-X's.. Now, just waiting on some larger XL sized tube from Good Prophets.. ;)

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Well, I've looked all over GP site, I can't find anything about them. Would somebody be so kind as to provide me a link. I gotta confess, my Driver's license is up for renewal. Last time I took the eye test I barely passed it. So. . .I'm getting new eyeglasses, they had to send my old one's back to the factory to mount my new lenses in. So, no doubt I'm blind as a bat right now.

Cheers,
otrpu

Chingas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2010
Billings, MT
I bought 3 this morning plus 1 of every colored or swirly driptip he had. Gotta label my juices somehow, right? Looking forward to this since I love/hate the MAP Tank. It looks like SSR is designed in a way that will remove hate from the equation.

Still 12 SSR's w/o a ce2 available. That kinda ticks me off. I set my alarm to wake up waaaay too early to get my order in but some SSR's are still available late into the night. Chaps my hide. The 1 day a month I am a responsible person was all shot to Hell. %#^&!

May is just 2 weeks away. I'll redeem mself then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread