Gradual Decreasing Smoke (I'm Sorry For Asking These Again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy2767

Apr 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Okay guys, hi, its me again...On the previous thread of mine (https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/posts/20796989/) discussed a lot with you guys bout 12mg nic and mixing stuff.

Now my query...as here 100's of you quit smoking with vaping? Not all of you stopped smoking all in a sudden? (It's hell you know?)

Question : Is decreasing the smoking gradually a thing? I mean I smoke 1+ pack a day with a lot of milked tea...and i'm a victim of panic disorder, shortness of breath, acidity, gastric, constipation, cough, and a lot of thing...i have to take panic pill every 4 hours, no matter i die or live and I'm constantly regretting. So my previous 12mg juice problem is solved, someone wise there told me to play with the nic levels and see what i need, and everyone also mentioned "Its the smokes chemicals thats killing you not nicotine" so nicotine level doesn't matter that much...so after mixing that 12mg, i realized i don't need more than 3mg tbh if I really want to vape and 6mg if "it get worse"

So todays topic is "I'm dying for smoke" someone on the other thread also told me to decrease gradually, now is this a real thing? I mean i can control myself for 1 hour if i'm a smoker....like vape for 1 hour (10mins usually) and i can pass 1 hour then smoke 1....so in that manner i'm smoking less than my previous (tried a thousand types of cigarette filters, its hell, don't buy those) So In that way I don't even feel that I'm trying to quit or anything...what quitting all in a sudden did and always happening is...I feel like i'm no more...so its more like I'm dying in both ways.

So my good friends and "life experts" i'll tell you guys, if I try now to decrease my smoking gradually with vape...means i'm doing anything...? I mean i'm still a smoker...Actually one idiot blog washed my head, they says... "1 or 40 you're still a smoker and you'll die in a same way, theres no safe way to smoke even if you smoke from 2 packs to just 2"

I'm sorry for sharing my life that much with you but all I'm trying to say "I have no one, no place, nothing that can help except you guys"

Should I fresh start gradually decreasing? And please forgive me for my typos, for my boring life, for my poverty that i cant afford nicotine gums or any fancy pod with nic salts etc, I'm poor and i cant help it...but you can help me if you can figure me out that gradual decreasing make sense or not...I'm smoking nearly 30 a day now with 8 mugs of milked poison tea.

And again "Thank you everyone in here, you are my family, more than that, I wasn't even known how to take a direct lung drag when I first came here with my kanger sub box mini kit, 2 years ago" Still trying lol...Help Me and Thanks again :)
What I found the most helpful to completely putting down the ciggs and just straight vape, you need to find a flavor that once you try it you love it!!! Love it so much that the mere thought of ever smoking again isn't a thought at all, that's how i stopped the ciggs completely and i pop back and forth between a 3 nic and a 6nic, so far over a month w/out a cigg and not even a thought....i found my magic potion!! I hope you find your's soon, much luck and success!!

MrObscura

Apr 30, 2018
personally, i think the best way to quit is cold turkey. i smoked for years and was up to 2 packs a day when i decided to quit one day. i havent had a cigarette since(15 years or so). the way i explain it to people is that its really quite simple... in order to smoke you have to go through a lot of motions. you have to pick up the pack, pull out a cig, put it in your mouth, light it, etc. simply dont. thats all there really is to it. no one is forcing a cig into your mouth and one wont magically appear there.

will you have cravings? sure. will it be hard at times? yep. but just dont light one. if you can fight through one craving, you can go a day, a day, a week, a week, a month, and then before you know the thought of a cig will make you sick.

i suffer from anxiety and depression, so i was always more addicted to the act of smoking itself and its relaxing effect. plus i enjoyed the act itself. that and the hobby aspect of RBAs and DIY juice is what recently got me into vaping after weighing the risks and deciding as far as "vices" go its relatively safe. i personally wouldnt approach it as a means to stop smoking though. vape if you enjoy vaping in and of itself.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    As I see it, one can quit smoking with vaping and close to zero willpower, for a few it's even quick and easy. For most, the equation is: add willpower and you can really speed it up -- if that doesn't break the deal for you. But still, I think the only essentials are not giving up, and getting a good vape.

I believe I was among those with a serious addiction to long term use of the chemical cocktail of smoking. For such people, redefining rather than immediately eliminating their relationship to the cigarette, or actual replacement of chemicals through WTAs or SNUS, can be useful if not essential. I wish I had more information on the subject when I was starting out, perhaps it could have speeded the process.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    That was not my experience. Even using every available tool, I suffered quite a bit for a while. I was a 3 ppd smoker though. I think almost any want to be vaper can succeed with the right tools, and for some, the suffering is much less.

I only dual used for about 2 weeks this time, though, so my suffering was "concentrated" (apart from the few times I fell catastrophically off the wagon).

It did work, I just kept reminding myself that COPD was worse, that I was almost there, and that I HAD to do it. ECF and support helped immensely, and I'm not sure I'd change my quit situation, as really, the transition was so hard (for me) that it made me really determined to keep going, and also NEVER return to smoking.

Willpower and suffering are two different things though. The more I applied my willpower, the smaller my suffering got (over time). There is no "right" way to quit or get to vaping alone though, although if I'd say anything, it would be "Keep vaping." I did, before after sometimes DURING every cigarette I smoked, paying attention to if it "did" anything for me or not. It usually didn't do as much as my mind was convinced it would. There are studies backing up the fact that the more a person vapes (per day, but also over time) the more likely they are to be successful at vaping alone. It was a British study, I wish I could remember it.

But yes, suffering (maybe) willpower (definitely) is going to be part of any quit attempt, if you ask me. I'm not sure if I was "more" addicted than vapers who ride off on a unicorn after their first puff, but I quit (briefly) returned to smoking and dual use, then finally smoking alone. I quit for a month on those Njoy things and at the time it wasn't hard-- but that quickly turned around once I encountered a major stressor.

My mom is coming to visit in June. I stocked up on WTA and am considering using it STRAIGHT. LOL.

Anna

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    I think the previous suggestion of finding a flavor you love is a good one. I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if you said what tank your using and how well it functions.

Anyways, personally I smoked over 40 years. And I was smoking over 3 packs on a daily basis. I could not quit. I could not slow down, except when I was coughing so much and it was literally too much to even really inhale (and I tried). I didn't think vaping would work, but it got so bad I had no other choice but to try.

That ended up being the last day I smoked. I chain vaped (as I was a chain smoker anyways). It was only minor frustration and I have low will power when it comes to smoking. I still have two cartons I never touched since I started vaping back in August.

The one thing I wished I had when I started vaping was a more dependable vaping kit(s). What I had acted flaky. When I got a smooth hit, with at least a little cloud that was good. But I dealt with cloudless hits, spitting, intermittent functioning. I think it was due to combination of needing better batteries and charging outside of mod, probably some bad coils, chain vaping with only one AIO....

Once I got my battery charger and a second mod things improved, I now chase flavors and only wished I tried vaping years ago, I find it WAY better then smoking. I can breath again and my chronic cough is gone.

Darrgoe

Nov 20, 2016
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Tired of seeing my health getting worse, mainly shortness of breath. I made up my mind to quit and only vape. I set no limits on how much or long I would vape. Sometimes I would vape for 3 hours straight, as long as I didn't smoke. I wasted money on juices, tanks and mods that didn't work for me but it was still cheaper than smoking. I smoked for over 40 years and after vaping for 19 months, my health is a lot better. When ever I tried to limit my smoking, I would obsess over it and end up smoking. Totally quitting worked for me as I had nothing to keep track of. Watching YouTube channels on vaping like Indoorsmokers helped a lot.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    It took me a long time to quit smoking after I started vaping. It finally worked for me when I stopped trying to quit and just started enjoying vaping. Then it happened naturally. One day I had a couple left in the pack and their presence was gnawing at me, I hadn't smoked one all day. I went out on the deck and took a couple of drags off each and sprinkled the rest of the tobacco out on the ground and thought, thank God they're gone.

I've heard quite a few people say that. They finally got off smoking when they stopped making a conscious effort to quit. But I've hear a lot of people who had different experiences.

What I do remember clearly after I finally quit was getting on ECF for hours every day, and my favorite part of it was reading people's stories about how they did it. So I hope this thread is helpful to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread