The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Grant's Vanilla Custard, when will it be back in stock??

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by vincent93, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. unquiet

unquiet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2013
    Philly
    Right?!

Oh wait, I just clicked Submit Order anyway.
    :facepalm:
    I swear, vaping has stripped me of all impulse control.

2. ATLien

ATLien Full Member Verified Member

May 21, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    haven't tried it yet but bit the bullet and order a 50ml 100%vg I feel if I dont like it I could find someone who will take it off me.

3. Dj tank

Dj tank Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Ann Arbor michigan
    I have about 25 ml left of the 50ml I ordered 3 months back. The one piece of advice I can give is that this juice needs ALOT of steep time. Its been 90 days and some change and I still think its got a bit longer. You can hot water steep it and try it out of the package...but don't discount it till you've vaped it 30 days later (60 days better...90 days even better). The first 30 days though I got a strong vanilla spicy woodsy flavor from it and not much custard. It smelled delicious...but didn't vape how it smelled. Again it wasn't bad, just different than the smell. I stuck it in my cupboard and pulled it back out at 60 days...much better. The vanilla blended and toned down a bit and I get a bit more creamy custardy finish. Think about a fine custard filled donut (not those sheitty Walmart ones :) )... I described it in another thread as opening the highest end vanilla extract you've ever had or vanilla bean and mixing it with a high end custard.

I can see the point about using it on a lower wattage. For the longest time I couldn't get rid of that woodsy/spicey flavor...I believe now I had my voltage a bit to high. I have it in a Protank with a 1.8 ohm set at 3.1- 3.3 and its perfect.

It does smell so good in the bottle I swear I want to sip it...

4. Blix

Blix Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    Stabekk, Norway
    All the steeping in the world wouldn't help for me unfortunately, just didn't do it for me. That's how it is.... :)

5. Kyndcookie

Kyndcookie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Fortunately there's no shortage of people to sell it to if you don't like it...

I just ordered 50ml myself.

6. Vale46

Vale46 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Uk
  7. mortalwombat

mortalwombat Full Member

Jun 5, 2013
    leeds

OOOOO, glad i got in yesterday, it will be my first try of this stuff, everyone raves about it.

I ordered a 50ml, 18mg , 50/50 mix hope i like it.

Also has anyone who ordered yesterday had theirs dispatched or anything all i had was a receipt of payment and ty for ordering, dunno how long it takes for it to be delivered. ? Im so looking forward to vaping this stuff, hope its as good as people are saying.

8. mist opportunity

mist opportunity Senior Member

May 16, 2013
    UK
    I managed to get a 30ml to try last night. This stuff better be good!

9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    Syracuse, NY
    Managed to get a hold of a 30ML. bottle last night. I've heard excellent things, so I'm very excited for it! It seems to be one of those evasive "must try" juices like Mad Murdock's line.

10. Chowderhead1972

Chowderhead1972 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

That was close! I have 250ml on the way. Once it comes in I will break up one of the bottles and share.
    BTW a 30ml was almost $50 shipped but 250ml was like $160 shipped. If you are buying small buy from the classifieds or UKV forum.

11. Vale46

Vale46 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Uk
    Got a 50 ml in post today. 2 days turn around. Got 100% vg 12, which seems to be lighter in colour than my month old 18. Tastes great though! It's not My adv so it'll have plenty of time to steep.

12. mortalwombat

mortalwombat Full Member

Jun 5, 2013
    leeds

Geez, thats outrageous.

13. mist opportunity

mist opportunity Senior Member

May 16, 2013
    UK
    Got mine this morning and vaped a clearo of it.

Early impressions are that it's nice, but not what I was expecting. I was expecting an ultra creamy flavour, the daddy of custards, but it's actually quite mild. I'll let it steep some more as some other posters have suggested.

14. serenity21899

serenity21899 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Antioch IL
    Grant is one guy making juice. When he gets too many orders, he shuts down his site for a bit to catch up. Keep checking back.

The flavor is complex and hard to describe. There are a few reviews on You Tube. Todd's ecig reviews is about the closest to what I get from it.

The juice is about $18US for 30ml, which is not the highest I have seen. Shipping is about $8 US and it takes about 2 weeks to arrive. To me it's worth it, but that's just me.

15. bunker0617

bunker0617 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2013
    AZ
    Does this juice compare to khlorine from flavortrik?

16. MsComptrtchr

MsComptrtchr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I can't imagine these two being similar. Khlorine is berry/fruity/creamy whereas Grant's is Vanilla Custard (no fruit.)

17. cmacclel

cmacclel Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Boston
    I have been wanting to try this juice for months but always just miss it. If anyone wants to sell me a small sample size I would be forever grateful!

18. rustafar

rustafar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2013
    Weeki Wachee, FL.
    How about a group buy ??

19. Saleen121212

Saleen121212 Full Member Verified Member

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    I have to try this! I heard the recipe is pretty simple but getting the custard flavoring is just as hard as getting the juice from grant.

20. RickCain

RickCain Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I am lucky enough to have a B&M within 10 miles that carries it. I tried it by itself in a Kayfun and was kinda bored with it.... Now I use it to mix with fruity juice - my favorite so far is 50/50 with Starship 1 and GVC. Definitely something to use to make existing flavors better.

Is there a big difference in the flavor based on Nic level? 90% of the time I am vaping through a Kayfun or Penelope so am using 6mg. Other than TH, will upping the nic level help with flavor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.