Greencig Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

flattyfour

Nov 3, 2009
LA/OC, CA
I cannot answer you on the battery yet.. I will get one but I want the xhaler first..lol.. top priority!
I can tell you I have been playing with many ways of filling and stuffing these since early last week.. as some were complete disastrous (those carts are still working after mangled in my hands!).. I have succeeded at taking that plastic cart out of the greencig cart.. stuffed some 510 filling (credit to Demulta!) in there.. put a kr808 rubber ring from that cart (Drew's suggestion). and put the white cap back or 901 whistle tip (youtubes idea) on and I can now easily drip.. no leakage. =) I do have videos to post.. just give me til Monday.. we had lots going on this weekend but they are almost ready.
I love the greencarts.. I am still ok with dripping through the battery end.. but there are other was to refill and thats what I am experimenting with. Demulta and youtube have also played with these.. they still vape awesome! I cannot wiat for the new ones also.. so very excited about this!
I am sure Drew will come in and let you know more about these batteries.. as I am not sure because I dont have one yet...
Lori B

some great information here on refilling the greencig carts! taking that plastic cart out without destroying the outer casing was the difficult part. i used a paperclip and bent in a little hook on the straightened out part - pushed it through the opening and hooked the bottom of the plastic cart and pulled in out.

is there anything special about the 510 filling?

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
There is an even quicker and slicker way to do it. If you pop of the plastic end piece you can see a hole in the bottom of the inside cart where the factory injected the juice into the cart, pop the needle in the hole and fill. If you don't see the hole create a new one, it is small enough that there is no need to worry about excessive leakage or anything. Quick and easy no mess refill.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I was taught by Lori (needvapor) how to mod the gc cartos. I trieed it that way and it works not bad. seems you have to be real carefull taking out that inner cart. i always botched up the outter cart by taking out the inner cart and i had leaks. but Lori has no leaks at all. so what i do is when my greencig carto is empty or im gettijng a change of taste i take out my hypo needle stick it in the battery end carefull so the tip of the needle goes into the inner cart. i add 23 drops to the needle housing push thing. and i slowly inject 23 drops into the gc carto. as i am filling i slowly pull up on the hypo so all of the inner cart gets filled. thats it. no leaks ever and for me this is best. i still have some of Lori s modded carts and i use them but for me the needle is better. and i put in 23 drops so i cant complain. I asked how to fill the gc carts long time ago and got advice from Lori Snarkyone and Hapoless. and all 3 of these people helped me a lot. Thanks to all 3 of you.
Hope this helps anyone who has problems or doesnt want to take apart the gc cart. Happy vaping

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I switched from the 510 to the cartos because the 510 was just too messy and a pain to have to refill so often and I'm too lazy to drip. I love the Greencig cartos but I am having trouble refilling them. I did the take off the top thing and get out the inner cartridge, but by the time I do all that it's just as messy as the 510. So I got a needle and tried to fill it through the battery end. When I go to put the needle in it only goes in a couple of mm then it hits something hard. I watched Snarky's vid on doing this and it didn't seem he hit anything hard or had to force the needle in and that it went in much further than just a couple mm. What am I doing wrong? Oh just for information sake, if I push the needle through the hard part the carto doesn't work anymore. Seems I broke the atty to the troll hair connection and knocked all the troll hairs loose. So I'm definitely not doing something right. And yes I am going through the battery end and not the mouth piece end with the needle.

I really like the Greencig cartos much better than the KR808 ones but the KR808 ones are a lot easier to refill and no mess. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated as I would like to keep using the Greencig cartos.

Thank you in advance for your time! May peace and joy fill your life, today and everyday!

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
hey Witchway glad you like the greencig carts. ok as far as putting in the needle. first off you cant use a thick needle or a needle too thin. im using a 22 G 1 1/2. this needle is the perfect size. the 27g 11/4 is too thick and wont go and the 18G 11/2 is too thin and the juice wont go thru that thin. so only one you can use is 22g 11/2. Now when you insert the needle in the battery end it will hit something. so you have to keep trying until you get the right angle to avoid that thing. push it in slow very slow when you hit that thing back off a hair then go a different angle. eventually it will go. Now when it does go you want the tip of the needle to hit the top of the inner white cart. so you have to do this by feel as you cant see it as your inserting the needle.
once you get the needle all the way in or to inside the inner cart the top of the cart will stop the needle from going any further. just do this easy ok. if you push hard you will move the inner cart and therefore then it wont wick properly. now once the needle is in take the plunger out of the syringe and then hold the body part of the needle up. in other words put the gc cart on the table or whereever your doing this. now you will have the gc cart on the table and the body of the syringe in the gc cart. now what you do is drip about 15 drops in the syringe body. hold it up and now takje the plunger part of teh syringe and put that on the body now your set to start filling. slowly i said very slowly start filling maybe 1/2 of the drops from the syring and while your filling the cart slowly (SLOWLY) pull up on the syring while your filling it. this will make sure the greencig cart gets al the liquid filled proportionately. when your down filling take syringe out. now your filled. clean out the syring put that away and now clean off the gc cart battery end with a q tip. thats it. its done. what i doi is let them sit for few hrs so that way the liquid will start flowing down the inner cart on the wick making it nice and moist. then after a few hrs pick up the gc cart look at the battery end an dmake sure its fairly dry. if its a drop wet clean again with q tip. now your ready to vape..
thats all there is to it. i went into detail how to fill the cart word for word so it sounds complicated but it isnt. i usually fill about 7 gc carts at a time and it takes 15 min about. im serious. it takes time. also when i fill i put in 23 drops to be exact. but telling you to use 15 til you get used to the filling with teh syring. when i first started if i used over 20 drops it would be messy afterwards cause i filled it too fast. so anyway thats the reason im saying start with 15 drops ok. fair enough.
if you need any more help you can pm me in private and ill walk you thru the hole process or whatever. but i think i really explained way too much already and dont want you to get scared or confused.
Im trying to get needvapor to fill her cartos this way but she is thick headed lol. she loves to mod carts and she is the queen of the greencig carts. she knows every trick in the book when it comes to these carts.
also Snarkeyone knows lot about filling these carts. there are a few other ways to fill them. But my way goes like this... i leave the gc cart virgin meaning leave it the way it was made to work. for me i think its best this way. but everyone is different. when i used to mod them or take them apart i had nothing but problems. so start this way and from here once you learn this you can move on to the other ways.
imo the greencig cart is the best and you will taste the difference.
do you use a greencig battery or a kr808 battery.
ok happy vaping and keep us posted.. sorry for the real long post but like i said it goes into big detail lol.
man i just realized this really is long lol. oh well cant say i didnt explain.

Cos

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
WOW!! Thank you so much. That explanation is fantastic and I actually appreciate all the detail. Ok I do not believe needles are easy to come by in Texas. I ordered two off the internet. The first one came from LeCig and is a 22G 3/4. The second one I got off eBay and it is a 20G X 1. I've tried both, but guess I just need to play more to find that spot to get the needle through. The first time I tried it I pushed through the hard spot and did get into the inside cartridge and refilled and it was fine. The second time something snapped and when I took it appart the hairs were all loose and the connection to the atty part was broken. So I didn't try again. I watched a couple of needvapor's vids and went through the top and got it to work, but it's just more mess and trouble then I want to do. I love the needle through the bottom and now you have given me the details I'll keep playing with it until I get it right.

I already had the 510 with all the extras including a PT. So to try the cartos I got a single battery KR808D-1 kit, then ordered a pack of the Greencig cartos to try also. After that I purchased adaptors so I could use the cartos on my 510 PT and batteries. None of it is really bad. The KR8 battery or the 510 PT with the Greencig cartos are the best out of what I had. However last week I pulled a bonehead move and forgot to take the KR8 carto off the battery before refilling and got juice down in the KR8 battery and killed it :( So I ordered a KR8 PT (since it doesn't have the inline battery) to see if I would like higher voltage, which is ok, but a bit more than I really want and uses up the cartos too fast. After that I found the Bartleby and have one of those on order, hopefully to be shipped tomorrow. I liked the size and the fact you can use it as a PT or a stand alone. We will see how that is.

I would love to try a Greencig battery but since nobody sells one without it being a kit that will be another thing for another time.

I like the KR8 cartos on the KR8 battery, but they get too much air when used with the adaptor for the 510. The Greencig cartos don't do that.

Thank you again for the fantastic answer to my question! May peace and joy fill your life, today and everyday!

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Hey Snarkeyone im curious about how many drops you put in your gcig cartos? yeh wondering if you get more drops in your way. Do you think 23 drops is good cause im thinking maybe trying to go to like 26 27 whats your htoughts on that? or should i just stay with 23 drops. I usually get a good 8 hrs out of it with 23 drops but now im thinking to tinker again lol. i should leave well enough alone.

Last edited:

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Yepster i use the gc cartos on the Xhaler sometimes and when i do i vape at 3.7 v only. because for me it works best there. i tried 5v with the gc cartos but better at 3.7v. thats my opinion of course. everyone is different and i know for a fact some us eit at 5 and 6v but then the carto empties quite fast .

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Thank you again cos, I got the needle refill figured out. The 20 gauge needle was too big and tore apart the insides when I pushed it through. I got the 22 gauge in with no problems that way but the needle I have is too short. So a quick trip to the online vet supply and I have 10 new needles on their way that are 22 guage 1.5" long. Should be here in a couple days. I really appreciate the detailed instructions, they made the difference.

One more question. Do you ever take them apart and change out the filler, or just refill so many time and toss?

Next stop nhaler to buy more GreenCig carts so I have plenty :)

May peace and joy fill your life, today and everyday!

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
hey Witchway
yes i used to take them apart and clean out the filler every now and then. but only when it doesnt work that good anymore but to be honest i havent killed one yet. i clean out the filler cause the filler is very thick and kinda hard and let it dry overnite put it all back together and start using it when i am ready. i have about 30 gc carts and about 25 look brand new. the other 5 were the old paper wrapping and once they get wet they start to tear apart. so on those when they really start looking ugly i take all the paper off and then it looks just like chrome. not real chrome the paper thin chrome. the older gc cartos the metal was very thin but on the new ones the metal is lot stronger. but the old cartos vape amazingly super. I also tried the blue foam in my cartos but i had no luck with them. i must be doing something wrong cause lot of people use it. and Needvapor uses it too and she loves it. me i like the old polyfill better but that is my opinion. remember like i said i like to keep my greencig cartos not opened up. it works much better for me. for example tonite i had 1 old greencig cart and i wanted a stronger drewbacco about 36 mg. so i filled up the 1 carto 23 drops and started vaping it right away. it was an old gc cart and it vaped great.
btw i learned all this stuff on the forum and especially from Lori and Snarkeyone. ok time for me to go happy vaping and any more questions let her rip.
Cos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread