Gum pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Oh boy (second the comment on username) here we go again. This time it's beyond rediculous (yes, even compared to the "rubber teeth") We don't need this BS here on ECF. Could be as simple as the sucking action aggravating your (obvious) dental issues. If you are vaping huge amounts (especially high nicotine) it might be affecting your BP. I would ask (like others) how old are you, how much do you vape, what nic level, did you smoke, ect but why bother... you are obviously another "one of those" new members with a "my health issues are caused by vaping" or just another idiot (and I rarely use that word) trying to give vaping a bad rep. Go away! Take a few shots of 100 proof vodka LOL Oh wait... I know what it is... it's the flavors... better stick to tobacco and menthol :rolleyes:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm like kinda prepared to go easy on this person for some reason.

I sort of..... Well, when you have 24 teeth removed and your BONES shaven... All in one single THING and they didn't even anesthetize me, I was "sedated." The operation ran long (apparently) because at the end I kept waking up and going "Immha awaaaaaaaake" and then they'd shove something in my IV.

The worst part (well apart from healing up) was when they had me strapped in and THEN they uncovered the freaking... Instruments. It looked like the contents of a BUTCHERY. I told them they were DEFINITELY doing that in the wrong order. Dude.

LOL my little brother picked me up. He was super impressed at my toughness. I was like, "Okay so we better go fill that script NOW, the sedation is wearing off" (in between like, spitting blood.) Then, when he returned I was finishing puking and like, I said, "Wow, you got paper towels too? You are the best!"

He was admiring of my fortitude, he said later. Too bad it led to that last ultram relapse, because now, I need a tummy tuck thanks to the Suboxone inflating me to a pregnant lady at 42 weeks with twins (which you never see) and then the GASTRO was like "Okay now you can... I have put 99 refills on your colonoscopy prep. Just do them until something happens. He told me SOME of his patients had to do one every day. I told him he was a sadist and I would rather have Kevorkian as a doc, frankly. Words were exchanged. I was cranky.

So, I feel SOME sympathy for the guy. I mean, he vapes, his gums hurts. Oooh. Bad news,.

My gums also hurt a LOT only no OPIATES that time, when I had to get denture implants 12 years later. No sedation, I was awake. There was a reason my oral surgeon had arms like a blacksmith.

So yeah, I am sympathetic. Tooth issues really suck.

LOL.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nah. They do it for free. I have the WORST social media/teen vape event that I have ever HEARD and like, my ONE thought (and the kid was like, sorta suicidal I did not even care I was like "YOU DESERVE TO DIE who DOES that and THEN posts it on social media? Are you trying to kill vaping?"

I was relieved the family got the post down before it got you know, viral. You could not pay me to speak of it, ever. My lips are SEALED (around my vape.)

But you know gum pain is a terrible thing. If I had the slightest gum pain ever vaping, I would like call the FDA immediately to let them know (green text).

Anna

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Like stols001, Oor Anna, I do have a certain sneaking sympathy with Michaelwhatisname - for back in October last I developed a ganglion on my left hand which I absolutely KNOW was caused by a combination of fretting notes on my guitar and PRESSING THE FIRING BUTTON on my vaping devices ( so I now firmly believe that both guitar playing and vaping should be BANNED FORTHWITH.)

Local Medical Centre wasn't that interested but being a Historian I knew the remedy - whack it with a family bible, but being an atheist this caused me a bijou problemette as I didn't posess one of these, until I tried pressing it down really hard with my vape which fixed it after a couple of goes.

I'm posting this in case it might suggest a remedy to the unfortunate OP.

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
I smacked one of my front teeth early in December and the injury to my tooth set the stage for a massive infection caused by the damage done due to years of smoking. I do not know why you want to blame vaping for your dental ills, but my dentist has been hugely supportive of my switch to vaping. I need oral surgery to correct that damage but first I have to knock out the infection. I would suggest that you go to your dentist and figure out a treatment plan for your teeth. If you smoked, your chances of losing them are very high.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
I'm like kinda prepared to go easy on this person for some reason.

I sort of..... Well, when you have 24 teeth removed and your BONES shaven... All in one single THING and they didn't even anesthetize me, I was "sedated." The operation ran long (apparently) because at the end I kept waking up and going "Immha awaaaaaaaake" and then they'd shove something in my IV.

The worst part (well apart from healing up) was when they had me strapped in and THEN they uncovered the freaking... Instruments. It looked like the contents of a BUTCHERY. I told them they were DEFINITELY doing that in the wrong order. Dude.

LOL my little brother picked me up. He was super impressed at my toughness. I was like, "Okay so we better go fill that script NOW, the sedation is wearing off" (in between like, spitting blood.) Then, when he returned I was finishing puking and like, I said, "Wow, you got paper towels too? You are the best!"

He was admiring of my fortitude, he said later. Too bad it led to that last ultram relapse, because now, I need a tummy tuck thanks to the Suboxone inflating me to a pregnant lady at 42 weeks with twins (which you never see) and then the GASTRO was like "Okay now you can... I have put 99 refills on your colonoscopy prep. Just do them until something happens. He told me SOME of his patients had to do one every day. I told him he was a sadist and I would rather have Kevorkian as a doc, frankly. Words were exchanged. I was cranky.

So, I feel SOME sympathy for the guy. I mean, he vapes, his gums hurts. Oooh. Bad news,.

My gums also hurt a LOT only no OPIATES that time, when I had to get denture implants 12 years later. No sedation, I was awake. There was a reason my oral surgeon had arms like a blacksmith.

So yeah, I am sympathetic. Tooth issues really suck.

LOL.

Anna

:cry::cry::cry: :shock:
i woke up to this!

I smacked one of my front teeth early in December and the injury to my tooth set the stage for a massive infection caused by the damage done due to years of smoking. I do not know why you want to blame vaping for your dental ills, but my dentist has been hugely supportive of my switch to vaping. I need oral surgery to correct that damage but first I have to knock out the infection. I would suggest that you go to your dentist and figure out a treatment plan for your teeth. If you smoked, your chances of losing them are very high.

i asked my dentist if he noticed any diff in gum colour, if they're lighter_ he said that's melanin.. how? why?
i said oh, i thought lack of oxygen made them darker_ puffed my chest out and said i quit smoking and vape now.. he gave me a good-lad pat on the shoulder and walked me out

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
55749cbcc7c847d9a898e3029baf1bde.jpg
I've heard quite a few things vicariously blamed on vaping, ill-fitting trousers, the shape of the moon etc. But gum pain, that's a new one on me.

4pZ4Ich.jpg

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    my mouth is one large infected cavity

Actually here to defend the OP. When I first tried vaping I had an impacted molar, thing hurt really bad. I was a smoker but that wasn't bothering it (or at least I thought). Vaping however made the pain absolutely intolerable. That's the only reason I didn't quit when my Dad did a year before me was that every time I started vaping the pain would get worse and worse.

Eventually had the tooth removed and pretty much picked up vaping immediately after.

Now as far as why it caused me pain when smoking didn't... idk. Could have been the cheap Chinese carts, could have been more negative pressure from sucking on those carts, I'm not sure.

But believe it or not it is possible for someone to have a different and negative experience vaping than you did.

Gum pain sounds a little ridiculous but I know from experience vaping can at least affect impacted teeth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread