Gurgling, leaking 3.5ml DCT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Hi all;

So, I've recently purchased a bunch of MadVapes' 3.5ml DCT's, which are AMAZING when they're functional, but it never fails: soon after the first fill, these things start to "gurgle" and I just end up flooding the carto and quite literally sucking the juice right out of the tank. I've also purchased quite a few spare cartos, everything from 2.0 ohm single-coils to the rockin' 1.25 ohm duals.

I guess what I'm asking is: does anyone know of a fix for the juice-slurping problem with these? A way to plug up a couple of the holes on the carto, maybe? Let me know! :D

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
I had the same problem, what I did was I soldered the two holes shut! Lol then I used my dremel to widen the hole with my diamond grind bit. You can also use a carto condom to cover the holes then just punch out the ones you want. I use smoktech 1.7ohm resurrectors and boge LR, then just slot them. Once you flood ur carto u can use a syringe to pull out excess juice so you won't waste. When I fill a new set up I prime the new carto with a couple drops then slide the tank on fill the tank then let the juice fill through the holes, this way you won't overfill and you will prob just need to refill your tank. Hope this helps.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
You might want to try 100% VG Juices if you haven't already. I've been vaping the 100% VG with the 1.7 Ohm single coil replacement cartos and it's been one of the best vaping experiences that I've ever had. I was having the same problem with the cartos flooding and I found that you can't overfill them as Madcaprym already stated. Prime it halfway or less and let the tank do the rest. I was having good results even with a regular PG (80%) VG (20%) blend like the Top Vapor from MV.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I have the same problem with the 3.5ml tanks. My theory is the heat off the carto makes the juice too watery. I gave up on them and only use the 6ml...even with the same carto installed, problem was resolved....more juice to have to heat up. I've also noticed that the small tanks will cause a vacuum and cause wicking issues..another problem I've encountered using them.

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I don't have problems with it leaking AFTER I've filled it. But, it's definitely something with the smaller tanks... when I fill them, I try to slowly slide the carto back up into the top cap.. And sure enough, here comes the waterfall of liquid out the bottom... There's definitely some vacuum effect taking place. We need to come up with a way to vent the cap as you slide the carto into place. Drilling a hole is easy enough, but what to fill it with that is air tight?..... Now I'm thinking.....

BigBulli

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
I don't have problems with it leaking AFTER I've filled it. But, it's definitely something with the smaller tanks... when I fill them, I try to slowly slide the carto back up into the top cap.. And sure enough, here comes the waterfall of liquid out the bottom... There's definitely some vacuum effect taking place. We need to come up with a way to vent the cap as you slide the carto into place. Drilling a hole is easy enough, but what to fill it with that is air tight?..... Now I'm thinking.....

I found taking the top cap off to fill instead of sliding te carto solves this vacuum effect...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US

Use solder!!! It's simple to just solder over the little holes then file it down flush! :)

unirevolt

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
MD
Easy solution - cut the tube down and use a standard carto, punch the hole.

Refill by removing the top cap, and filling only to where the top cap would end. When putting the top back on, push in just until the oring seals, tip over and put whatever air bubble there may be where the hole in the carto is and push the top the rest of the way in. That way your just pushing air into the cart and not a mil of extra juice to leak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread