gutted kr808 cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

abby182000

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
ok I am using a prodigy v1, and I normally drip with a 901 atty. I recently decided to give cartomizers a try as well as 501 attys as I used to love my 510 manual. Well the 510 for some reason doesn't give much flavoring and my last 901 atty died on me. I tried refilling my cartomizers and after failing I decided to pull apart one of my kr808 cartomizers.

First I took a pair of scissors an popped the plastic cap off. Second I used a dental tool to remove the rubber stopper. Finally I dug around with the dental tool and removed all the filler and tubes. I hit my button and I saw the filament light up, took the dental tool and tried to bend the filament down. I dripped 3 drops. Still bright red, so I dripped 3 more and still bright red, good vapor production and no burnt taste but the bright red glowing scared me. so I took the very fine mesh looking stuff and shoved it back down the cart with the dental tool and hit the button. No glowing red and major vapor production and WOW the taste is amazing. I finally remembered what ry4 is supposed to taste like.

So far what seems like 50 puffs and I have yet to drip again. No burning taste. I love dripping but usually 3 drops lasts only a few minutes. I may have found what works best for me!

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
I have been doing this for a few weeks too, I am doing a new video of it.

The first time I tried it I cut the inner 'sock/tube' thing off the element and it wasn't much good, now I leave it on and only pull the filler out, if it is done right, it will suck up all the juice from the bottom.

I finally killed one today on 6v.

I searched the forum the other day (to see if I should credit anyone in the vid) and there is someone else doing it. (I cant find the post now though!)

Looks like I will have to credit you now too!

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
ok I am using a prodigy v1, and I normally drip with a 901 atty. I recently decided to give cartomizers a try as well as 501 attys as I used to love my 510 manual. Well the 510 for some reason doesn't give much flavoring and my last 901 atty died on me. I tried refilling my cartomizers and after failing I decided to pull apart one of my kr808 cartomizers.

First I took a pair of scissors an popped the plastic cap off. Second I used a dental tool to remove the rubber stopper. Finally I dug around with the dental tool and removed all the filler and tubes. I hit my button and I saw the filament light up, took the dental tool and tried to bend the filament down. I dripped 3 drops. Still bright red, so I dripped 3 more and still bright red, good vapor production and no burnt taste but the bright red glowing scared me. so I took the very fine mesh looking stuff and shoved it back down the cart with the dental tool and hit the button. No glowing red and major vapor production and WOW the taste is amazing. I finally remembered what ry4 is supposed to taste like.

So far what seems like 50 puffs and I have yet to drip again. No burning taste. I love dripping but usually 3 drops lasts only a few minutes. I may have found what works best for me!

And it seems you eliminated the concern of the filler material burning and being inhaled!!!!:thumb:

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
How do you remove the filler?? It's threaded between the filament and then wrapped like a paper towel roll - it seems like there would be a good chance of breaking the filament when trying to pull the filler out with tweezers...explain further?? - also seems like this wld be kinda leeky with nothing to hold the juice. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread