Guys does the commercial e liquid contain animal gelatin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I don't believe that its used in the manufacturing of PG or VG.

Flavors, who knows. Some of the artificial flavors have strange ingredients to recreate the taste.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that animal byproduct had been used in the creation of say, the bottles that hold our liquids. Beef tallow finds its way into some interesting stuff.

SickSilver

Jan 9, 2013
New York
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: We don't call new members trolls

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I felt horrible when I shattered my friend's vegan dreams.

I asked if she's eaten gelatin candy recently (Gummi Bears, Swedish Fish, Sour Patch Kids, etc.) and she said yes. I happened to mention (not accusingly) that a lot of gelatin contains bovine or pork tissue. She freaked out.

The Vegan Police showed up and shot green laser beams at her. ;-)

Last edited:

mimos04

Jan 14, 2013
Bumi Kenyalang

I asked if she's eaten gelatin candy recently (Gummi Bears, Swedish Fish, Sour Patch Kids, etc.) and she said yes. I happened to mention (not accusingly) that a lot of gelatin contains bovine or pork tissue. She freaked out.

The Vegan Police showed up and arrested her. ;-)

Is that a true story? if it was a true story, it's damn funny.:lol:

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC

The Vegan Police showed up and arrested her. ;-)

*facepalm*

I don't know your friend from a hole in the wall, of course, but I gotta say: any vegan that doesn't know gelatin contains animal product has no business being a vegan. It takes time and effort and research to achieve a nutritionally balanced vegan diet.

This omnivore will now get off her soapbox :D

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
Hi again mimos04. I've looked at so many vendor sites since starting vaping that I don't remember which site it was, but I did see one vendor that on their about us page mentioned that their products were certfied kosher by rabbis. So if that's a concern for you check the vendors about us page or ask them in an E-Mail prior to ordering.

One person above wondered if a troll posted this topic. Mimos04 seems legit to me. As far as pork and other type meats being in food type items (I'm including ejuice in the catagory even though it's not eaten but inhaled) that can be a major issue for people who are Jewish, Muslim, some Chrstians and some other religions. Some religions prohibit the eating of certain animals and it can be a major concern to folks in those religions if they observe their dietary laws. As an example I know that both Jews and Muslims both have the same dietary laws as found in the Old Testament. A common example that most us isn't aware of is that almost all marshmallows for sale in the U.S. are unclean and can't be eaten by Jews and Muslims due to them containing gelatin (I think the problem with most gelatin used in th U.S. is that has some horse product in it and horses are unclean for Jews and Muslims, I'm not an expert so I may be wrong on that tidbit though). Pork and other "unclean" foods are in more foods than most Americans realize and it is importat to many who are practicing the dietary guidelines of thier religion. So all that to say that concerns about product ingredients is a very real concern for many. Sorry I rambled on so long. Happy vaping everybody!

Last edited:

mimos04

Jan 14, 2013
Bumi Kenyalang
Hi again mimos04. I've looked at so many vendor sites since starting vaping that I don't remember which site it was, but I did see one vendor that on their about us page mentioned that their products were certfied kosher by rabbis. So if that's a concern for you check the vendors about us page or ask them in an E-Mail prior to ordering.

One person above wondered if a troll posted this topic. Mimos04 seems legit to me. As far as pork and other type meats being in food type items (I'm including ejuice in the catagory even though it's not eaten but inhaled) that can be a major issue for people who are Jewish, Muslim, some Chrstians and some other religions. Some religions prohibit the eating of certain animals and it can be a major concern to folks in those religions if they observe their dietary laws. As an example I know that both Jews and Muslims both have the same dietary laws as found in the Old Testament. A common example that most us isn't aware of is that almost all marshmallows for sale in the U.S. are unclean and can't be eaten by Jews and Muslims due to the containing gelatin. Pork and other "unclean" foods are in more foods than most Americans realize and it is importat to many who are practicing the dietary guidelines of thier religion. So all that to say that concerns about product ingredients is a very real concern for many. Sorry I rambled on so long. Happy vaping everybody!
Thanks bobbybilly, maybe some expert can tell us more about it.:(
i did email to liQua website, and havent receive any reply yet so far.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Real gelatin is made from the skins and bones of animals cooked at high temperatures in a liquid suspension until it turns into Jell-O.

I would most assuredly stay away from Bacon flavored e-juice....not because its bad for you or isnt kosher or vegan, Im basing that solely on it tasting like crap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread