The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

H.A.M. by Jailbird Mods

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by henbone11, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. henbone11

henbone11 Full Member Verified Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Indy
    https://www.facebook.com/JBMods

Jail Bird Mods Products

HAMPromoLg.jpg 534207_453913888056152_1903170183_n.jpg

Specifications:
    • True 3 Piece Hybrid Design
      • Top Cap
      • Atomizer/Battery Tube
      • Switch

• Tank
      • 10ml Capacity
      • 4mm Thick Pyrex
      • Nearly Indestructible

• Genesis Style Atomizer
      • Single, Dual, or U-Wick Enabled
      • 1/2inch (12.7mm) Center to Center for Easy U-Wicks
      • 3/32inch (2.38mm) Fill Hole

• Holds a 26650 Battery for Extended Use
    • Gold Plated Brass Contacts
    • Fully Anodized Aluminum with Laser Engraving
    • Retail Price: $199
    • Expected availability by Oct. 2013

This thing looks pretty nice. Apparently, they are all going to be black anodized aluminum. I was lucky enough to get a preorder in and am pretty excited to get it. It is definitely beefy, but that is what drew me to it. What are some thoughts on it? I searched several times and did not see anything about this hybrid mod posted here before, so hopefully I am not creating dupe threads.

2. codyjo

codyjo Full Member Verified Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Cochrane, AB , Canada
    Damn!! That thing looks like a beast!

3. henbone11

Feb 4, 2011
    Indy
    That's really what drew me to it. Large tank size, large capacity battery tube. Tons of options with the deck for wicks. Gonna be hard waiting for it to show up.

4. henbone11

Feb 4, 2011
    Indy
    lol Guess I should have put Sigelei or Clone in the title. Probably would have generated more feedback.

5. gokusnimbus

gokusnimbus Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2013
    los angeles
    you could beat some one with that! i dont think many people are interested in 26xxx mods bc they're so big. looks really rugged tho.

6. twistedchild316

twistedchild316 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    East Texas
  7. Ben Pellett
    This message by Ben Pellett has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 22, 2015, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Sep 3, 2013
  8. Ben Pellett
    This message by Ben Pellett has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 22, 2015, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Sep 3, 2013
  9. savagemann

savagemann Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    California East Bay
    Do want!!!
    I have huge bear paws, and would make this mod look normal sized.

10. Xobeloot

Xobeloot The Dirty Monkey Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2013
    Grafenwöhr, Germany
    The John Holmes model PV

11. clyde2801

clyde2801 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Back in my early days of vaping, Enrico-an italian friend of mine-publicly chided me about my mods. "I don't understand, man. You've got all these different tubes, and they've all got different dumb names."

Not wanting to back down from a challenge, and instantly knowing I had a golden opportunity, I replied that different mods have different attributes and different personalities, and ergo, different names. Pulling a Precise plus 18350 out of my left inside jacket pocket, I told him it was called the Enrico. Then pulling out a GGTS with expansion tube carrying two stacked 18650's out of my right pocket, I told him that was called the Clyde.:headbang:

He never talked crap on my mods after that.

Looking forward to trying one after seeing the prototype at the OKC Vapers meeting last month. Think they'll be putting up a couple of instructional videos in the while.

12. Xobeloot

Xobeloot The Dirty Monkey Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2013
    Grafenwöhr, Germany
    ^That is awesome!

I still think this should be called the JHPV instead of HAM

13. Zeroescence

Zeroescence Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Cali
    Any new news? I'm ready to make this purchase for sure.

14. henbone11

Feb 4, 2011
    Indy
    I was hoping the first run would be ready this month, but it's not looking like that will happen. He just stated on Facebook recently that he saw pics of the test anodizing and they look great. I just want it already. Pretty sure it's common knowledge by now (mentioned numerous times on their Facebook pages), that there was a private list a couple of months ago. I was lucky enough to get on, so I've been playing the waiting game for a while. I am usually pretty patient, but waiting for this is testing that. Of all of the exposure this has had at vape meets, I am really surprised there aren't more pictures/videos of it. They also mentioned that they have a retailer in mind, but I don't think they have mentioned who yet. Pretty sure it will be in Tulsa.

15. Zeroescence

Jul 30, 2013
    Cali

Wish I could have got on some list. I hope they have more than the ones that were pre sold. I set $250 bucks to the side for this mod about 2 months ago. I'm getting antsy also.

16. henbone11

Feb 4, 2011
    Indy
    From what one of the makers has told me, they will definitely be selling these in the open. I guess the list was just for the first run, which I generally try to avoid with anything. First runs are generally full of problems, but I had to have this. Just got a Panzer to hold me over til the H.A.M. shows up. I hope it's not too far into November when these start shipping.

17. Zeroescence

Jul 30, 2013
    Cali
    Check this out:

http://.........blogspot.com/2013/10/rollout-ham-hybrid-26650-aluminum-and.html?m=1

18. DillPickles666

DillPickles666 Moved On

Apr 23, 2013
    Fresno CA
    My fiancé is going to kill me for this... BUT I GOTTA HAVE IT :evil:

19. henbone11

Feb 4, 2011
    Indy
    Well, here we are, mid-November and not even the slightest clue as to when these are going to ship. Plenty of updates for the more expensive, and NEWER, version...but for the 100, or so, of us that have been paid up for months on the first run, nothing. These guys seem like good dudes, but I don't think I would ever do business with them again. You ask for any sort of update, you simply get ignored. You ask how you can give them more money and you get relatively quick responses. lol Such is life I guess.

20. clyde2801

clyde2801 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hopefully, receiving it Monday morning....:banana:

21. evgeny131

evgeny131 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
  22. evgeny131

evgeny131 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    pre orders suck but u will eventually get your mods from what i know of other pre orders-
    i generally never do them because of the above...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.