Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
It's interesting to me just how taste is hugely subjective. When I started vaping a few weeks ago, I started with a Triton starter pack. At the same time, I picked up several Halo liquids, including the gourmet sampler. I had heard good things about TriBeCa and Café Mocha, so I also picked up 30ml of each.

Most of the samples were just okay to me (Shamrock, Belgian Cocoa, and Twisted Java), I really didn't care for Malibu at all (I thought the flavors were too weak), but I love both Kringle's Curse and Café Mocha. I also tried adding a bit of Kringle's curse to both Twisted Java and Belgian Cocoa, and for me this significantly improved both. (I wish I had picked up a bigger bottle of Kringle's!)

TriBeCa has become my ADV. I can't say enough positive things about it.

You are so right! I first liked Tribeca in the first week of vaping then all of a sudden, I didn't like it anymore. And it's a super popular flavor for Halo. What I'm finding out is although I absolutely love caramel, I do not like it in juices. Any flavor I vape that has caramel, it comes off to me like a bad chemical taste.

I think when I first started vaping, my taste buds were so shot from cigs that the caramel taste was muted. Now that I can taste/smell better, I taste it and don't like it. :(

Hey all, I ordered five different NON-menthol ejuices from Halo, and for some reason all but Tribeca came with a flavor I couldn't put my finger on till now. The four flavors: Freedom juice, Torque, Turk tobacco, and longhorn all had some STRONG menthol flavor added. Its unvapable! Anyone else get this from a recent order? I've emailed Halo about it twice, I LOVED Tribeca but the others...GROSS (Sorry for all you menthol-heads out there) I just can't stand it, and I hate to throw away juice so I'm powering through it. Let me know if anyone else had this happen to them.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
HALO juices are OUTSTANDING, (imho). I love Tribeca, Belgian Cocoa, and Mystic (menthol). I've got Voodoo on the way, and hope I like it as much as many people on the HALO threads do. halo was the first PREMIUM GOURMET juice that I tried, and I loved it right off the bat! I order something from them regularly, one a week. There are definitely less expensive vendors out there with really good juices, but I can't stay away from HALO! They are really good.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Hey all, I ordered five different NON-menthol ejuices from Halo, and for some reason all but Tribeca came with a flavor I couldn't put my finger on till now. The four flavors: Freedom juice, Torque, Turk tobacco, and longhorn all had some STRONG menthol flavor added. Its unvapable! Anyone else get this from a recent order? I've emailed Halo about it twice, I LOVED Tribeca but the others...GROSS (Sorry for all you menthol-heads out there) I just can't stand it, and I hate to throw away juice so I'm powering through it. Let me know if anyone else had this happen to them.

UUMM, :confused: those are not menthols. Maybe a little steeping is needed, cap off, shake daily. I got off of analogs w/Torque. It's a strong, non menthol, tobacco. And if you just quit analogs, your taste buds are going to be whack for awhile.

Syd9346

Oct 19, 2013
Midwest USA
I like their tobacco line. Tribeca,Voodoo are my favs. I ordered some Midnight Apple, which is in their tobacco line, but I found it overly powerful with a menthol exhale. I seriously think this, and HX3 should be put in the menthol line up.. Steeped Mid apple for 3 weeks and still get way to much menthol.. What I don't like about Halo is they don't give you a pg/vg option.

magicman22

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Scotts Valley, CA
Here's my quick Halo summary thus far:

YUM:
- Tribeca
- Voodoo
- SubZero
- Malibu
- Torque56
- Kringle's Curse
- Mystic

YUCK:
- Midnight Apple
- Shamrock
- Twisted Java
- Turkish Tobacco

INDIFFERENT:
- Belgian Cocoa

Update:

After some steeping time, some of these flavors have changed quite a bit!

So now the following are in my YUM category:
- Midnight Apple
- Turkish Tobacco

:blush:

magicman22

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Scotts Valley, CA
Here's my quick Halo summary thus far:

YUM:
- Tribeca
- Voodoo
- SubZero
- Malibu
- Torque56
- Kringle's Curse
- Mystic

YUCK:
- Midnight Apple
- Shamrock
- Twisted Java
- Turkish Tobacco

INDIFFERENT:
- Belgian Cocoa

Update:

After some steeping time, some of these flavors have changed quite a bit!

So now the following are in my YUM category:
- Midnight Apple
- Turkish Tobacco

:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread