Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
HolmanGT, surely you will have another shot at grabbing the device of your choice.

Just a bit of info from the Early Adopters forum concerning the reference (beta) kits:

"Incidentally for the beta we did make a custom510connector because we found some 510s had abominable resistance stability (also, 200W sustained is too much for many)."

"As for making and selling reference cases, that is the plan but I have no idea when those will be available. They will be tumbled raw aluminum cases like the betas. They'll include the buttons and the reference510 connector."

Thanks for the information.
I know some 510s that use the spring as part of the current path and that is not good. But to tell you the truth I didn't even think about the gargantuan power they need to handle.

As far as the Opus I saw one opened up and it looked to me like the 510 pin on the inside of the box was poking into the LiPo which kind of disappointed me.

Anyway when hana modz put their V200 up for sale the other day it looked so much like the Beta Box that I bought one. I should have it within 3 or 4 days. Please don't tell me it is a bad build no one likes to see a grown man cry. :facepalm:

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I really love the Evolv beta case and think it's a great idea to use it as a reference. Pity that Hana didn't just round up the whole design (no big deal for me) but added these recesses on the outsides.

Well changing from square buttons to round should make the machining cheaper but then they added back cost by adding the grooves. I was wonder if the added grooves might have something to do with putting a bigger battery in kind of like they do with the hana modz One. Just a thought.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Thanks for the information.
I know some 510s that use the spring as part of the current path and that is not good. But to tell you the truth I didn't even think about the gargantuan power they need to handle.

As far as the Opus I saw one opened up and it looked to me like the 510 pin on the inside of the box was poking into the LiPo which kind of disappointed me.

Anyway when Hana Modz put their V200 up for sale the other day it looked so much like the Beta Box that I bought one. I should have it within 3 or 4 days. Please don't tell me it is a bad build no one like to see a grown man cry. :facepalm:

Yeppers I saw the "close quarters" of the 510 wire in the Opus and noticed a blue inserted shielding "thingy" between the wire and the battery. I guess that was placed there for protection of the battery? Anyway's.... do let us know about the V200 when ya get it.... and maybe a "true to life picture or two"....

P.S.: I measured the V2 reference device against the written measurements of the V200 and they seem almost exactly the same...

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
Well changing from square buttons to round should make the machining cheaper but then they added back cost by adding the grooves. I was wonder if the added grooves might have something to do with putting a bigger battery in kind of like they do with the Hana Modz One. Just a thought.
I think it depends if the buttons are CNC manufactured or not.

I can't imagine the grooves have something to do with battery size. To me it looks more like a design element to differ a little more from the beta case. Just my thoughts but I'm not that sure.

I'm still a little disappointed. To me it looks like Hana just edited the beta case a little bit to release a DNA200 mod asap instead of creating an own design. I like the older Hana designs. This one. Not so much.

But it will find it's buyers. I just won't be one of them.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Yeppers I saw the "close quarters" of the 510 wire in the Opus and noticed a blue inserted shielding "thingy" between the wire and the battery. I guess that was placed there for protection of the battery? Anyway's.... do let us know about the V200 when ya get it.... and maybe a "true to life picture or two"....

P.S.: I measured the V2 reference device against the written measurements of the V200 and they seem almost exactly the same...

I will post pictures. I never paid attention the the measurements but Duane the Titanium Guru compared them and said the same thing as you. I liked the looks of the inside of the Beta Box so I figured I would go for it. That Opus 510 pin just had me worried and the one I saw I didn't notice a plastic protector between the pin and the battery. I figured if you dropped it on the Atty end you punch a hole right into the LiPo.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I think it depends if the buttons are CNC manufactured or not.

I can't imagine the grooves have something to do with battery size. To me it looks more like a design element to differ a little more from the beta case. Just my thoughts but I'm not that sure.

I'm still a little disappointed. To me it looks like Hana just edited the beta case a little bit to release a DNA200 mod asap instead of creating an own design. I like the older Hana designs. This one. Not so much.

But it will find it's buyers. I just won't be one of them.

The groves and battery expansion are probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
The groves and battery expansion are probably just wishful thinking on my part.
Probably.
But as you can see the V200 just has a 950mAh 3S.

That's one reason why I'm gonna build my own mod. And there isn't a DNA200 mod yet where I really thought "OMG I have to buy this immediatly." The Opus is nice, the Hana V200 is meh, the HCigar is okay but none that triggered my shinyitis yet.

athens

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
United States
There's probably going to be a lot of mods that look like the beta box. The Hana 200 is using the onboard buttons, just like the beta. Having to use 3s lipos makes them all fairly large compared to the smaller mods that have became popular-- Hana v4s, vapor shark. the onboard buttons allow the mod maker to shave off some size from the box, but it's going to produce boxes that look similar.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
For those thinking that the Opus is much larger, the pictures are deceiving. I own one and am admittedly biased, but the dimensions are 3.70 x 2.30 x .90. Smaller? No. Different shape? Yes.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Hana is significantly smaller than the Opus. In fact, the Opus is 40% larger than the Hana when you compare their volume.

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
Sorry to burst your bubble but the Hana is significantly smaller than the Opus. In fact, the Opus is 40% larger than the Hana when you compare their volume.

Lol should have probably taken the one minute or less to do that math before going on my rant, set me straight.

I suppose that 950 mah cell must be smaller and then they really crammed things in... Hard to imagine all those internals fitting in a box 30% or so smaller.

Now I really need to see one in person, the dimensions because the Opus is not appreciably taller (less than a tenth of an inch), it is significantly wider, but the depth on the Hana is also significantly greater than the Opus (but not the same, but close, as the disparity of the width with the Opus being wider). Am I confusing the dimensions based on their order? Assuming it is height x width x depth

Last edited:

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
Saw these in person during the weekend. It's basically a wider v4s. The pictures made it look like a v4d. The opus is what, 150mah more total?? Not a big deal considering the smaller form factor of the Hana.

I have a feeling your answer will be yes, but have you seen an Opus in person too? Trying to get a sense of a comparison because the dimensions indicate that the Hana is not as wide but that's the extent of the size difference (other than being thicker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread