Hana Modz v3 - Full & Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
lol. you were posting at the same exact time I did and my browser locked up. I am using the pro that I had on my provari. it works because I have a vari-flow under it for 510.otherwise it will not fit on the hana. even if it did the flow would be blocked so you need some type of variflow on it. it does not look great but it works great. there is a gap because I headed hana's warning not to crank it tight.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, that's why I asked. I thought the Pro was designed specifically for the Provari. Come to think of it, I haven't used my Provari since I got the Hana. Hate to say it, but maybe it's time to put the Provari in the classies.

lol. you were posting at the same exact time I did and my browser locked up. I am using the pro that I had on my provari. it works because I have a vari-flow under it for 510.otherwise it will not fit on the hana. even if it did the flow would be blocked so you need some type of variflow on it. it does not look great but it works great. there is a gap because I headed hana's warning not to crank it tight.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
provari and Darwin are old news now. the hana blows them away. I was interested in the gi2 but it seems to be vaporware for the most part. plus I see it from 40-200 watts. it is also known to have issues. I guess the hana is the best game in town right now.

get yourself a flow ring and the z-atty is super on this. I like it better than kayfun for sure. the way the wick sits upright on the post seems to work great.

This is an X-post from the SS Vape HM thread... I didn't know this one existed, and I a lot of people who finally got theirs may have moved on from that thread:

Any idea why I'd be getting a shorted error with no obvious shorts? I had been using my .4 ohm coil on my Trident all day yesterday and it was great. Went to bed tonight with it charging, woke up, and it'd say "check atomizer" and then swap to "shorted". My russian 91 fires fine and my Trident fires on my other (mech) mods. New coil/wick on the trident with the same results.

Edit: I figured it out... the center post on my Trident was poorly insulated and now its making contact with the deck. I'll just buy a new one.

Last edited:

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
You need to stop talking like that. Makes my wallet wiggle. :D

Anything that could be better with a Hana than a Kayfun is something I'd have to seriously consider adding to the toolbox.

get yourself a flow ring and the z-atty is super on this. I like it better than kayfun for sure. the way the wick sits upright on the post seems to work great.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
I'm glad you got it figured out. I've gotten the "check atomizer" message once or twice, but never saw the "shorted" message, and didn't even know it was a DNA30 error message.

This is an X-post from the SS Vape HM thread... I didn't know this one existed, and I a lot of people who finally got theirs may have moved on from that thread:

Any idea why I'd be getting a shorted error with no obvious shorts? I had been using my .4 ohm coil on my Trident all day yesterday and it was great. Went to bed tonight with it charging, woke up, and it'd say "check atomizer" and then swap to "shorted". My russian 91 fires fine and my Trident fires on my other (mech) mods. New coil/wick on the trident with the same results.

Edit: I figured it out... the center post on my Trident was poorly insulated and now its making contact with the deck. I'll just buy a new one.

I'm glad you got it figured out. I've gotten the "check atomizer" message once or twice, but never saw the "shorted" message, and didn't even know it was a DNA30 error message.

My old boss used to call that "veteran ignorance". You do something so well that you never have an opportunity to see the result of screwing it up.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
one little thing. you cannot tell when exactly it is completely charged. if you take it off the cable right when the battery icon hits the top it is still charging. so if you just pick it up after a while you don't know if the last segment is "full". other than letting it sit on charge a unnecessarily long time there is really no way of knowing if the last segment is finished. am I right or am I missing something?

I love the mini though. after like 15 cycles it charges in an hour. sure, the 18650 will vape longer but take 3 hours to charge too. lipo is a good technology but they really should have put 2000mah in this. if we can just find a suitable battery. I will not dremel it!

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
what about the charging LED, or am I misinterpreting your question. On mine, when the unit is charging the LED is red. When the battery is fully charged, my LED changes to green.

one little thing. you cannot tell when exactly it is completely charged. if you take it off the cable right when the battery icon hits the top it is still charging. so if you just pick it up after a while you don't know if the last segment is "full". other than letting it sit on charge a unnecessarily long time there is really no way of knowing if the last segment is finished. am I right or am I missing something?

I love the mini though. after like 15 cycles it charges in an hour. sure, the 18650 will vape longer but take 3 hours to charge too. lipo is a good technology but they really should have put 2000mah in this. if we can just find a suitable battery. I will not dremel it!

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I am seriously sorry for being an idiot. there is no led on the mod itself. do you mean the led on the thing that plugs into the wall socket turns from red to green?

grey.jpg

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
You're right. I don't see one on the picture you posted. Is that your actual mod, or is that a stock image from some website. I swear, mine has one. I'm talking about on the device. If you look at the USB port on your device, do you not see a small dot/circle to the immediate left of it? Mine does, and it changes colors depending on whether it's charging or fully charged.

I am seriously sorry for being an idiot. there is no led on the mod itself. do you mean the led on the thing that plugs into the wall socket turns from red to green?

View attachment 334220

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
that was a stock image. however mine does not have an led either. the mini also does not have a serial number. perhaps the mini does not have a led either. I don't know. all the pictures I see on the net do not have a led. well, that's a bummer. I will wait and se if my wall charger turns green at least. so now you see what I was talking about. that I cannot tell when it is fully charged.

edit: I do not see a led on any pic on the net. full or mini. unless I am looking in the wrong place. should be obvious. could you please post a pic of yours or pm it to me?

okay here is the deal. all production genuine hana modz have the led but there is no hole cut out for it in the case. you can see it if you look closely from an angle inside the usb connector. is that what you meant?

wanted to say. I am forgetting gi2. I do not need more than 20 watts ever. i am betting it is like a $300 evic. already has issues and will probably not last. I saw them lighting atty's on fire(literally). stupid and very dangerous. the hana on the other hand is very small and well built.

Last edited:

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Right, mine is the full size. When not connected, it's easy to see how it could be missed. But it does change from red to green if fully charged.

well I will be darned. I did not doubt you btw. I will call hana. perhaps the full size has it. I can see there is not really room on the mini. yours is a full size right? afaik the mini's do not have a s/n.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I wonder if you got something special there. all the pics I see on the net even of the full size do not have it. strange. the weird thing is even the cana says it has a led but not in the pictures either. man, not knowing when it is fully charged is a bummer. not a deal breaker for me though. I love this thing. the battery meter does not exactly let me know when it is full. I am just going to plug it in the wall while I vape. no need for mophie for me. I just stay put while I vape.

I see you are at 1.1@10.5w. try .8@18 for some real fun lol. or even lower ohms. as I said though going too high like the gi2 can=fire. not cool. anyways if anyone pushes the wattage be real careful!

so I think evolve is best. I hope they do a darwin2 unless it is just a dna30 ill stick with the hana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread