dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hardest part of diy...

1) Like today, I have a bottle of Lorann's Peppermint Oil and came to the forum to find a starting place for my mix. I found everything from 1% to 20% "advertised" as being great. I have no clue where to start.

2) Making a recipe you found on the internet or this forum and finding out it taste like vomit.

3) Having a good mix that is just a little "off" then trying to fix it and screwing it up.

4) Trying to figure out which supplier's flavor is the best for juice when you numerous posters maintaining that TPA is best, no, FA is best, no, FW is best, no CP is the best................................

That's the problem with making everyone else's recipe's. It never lives up to your expectations. That's why you need to create your own mix and forget about creating a recipe or replicating a venders juice until you know what you are doing. Follow the basic rules. Start low and make many test batches. Taste each individual flavor so you know what each flavor your combining taste like. Understand the process of steeping and when it's nessessary, understand percentages and correct measuring. The only thing that will tell you a juice is good are your own taste buds.

Last edited:

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
That's the problem with making everyone else's recipe's. It never lives up to your expectations. That's why you need to create your own mix and forget about creating a recipe or replicating a venders juice until you know what you are doing. Follow the basic rules. Start low and make many test batches. Taste each individual flavor so you know what each flavor your combining taste like. Understand the process of steeping and when it's nessessary, understand percentages and correct measuring. The only thing that will tell you a juice is good are your own taste buds.

Dannyv45 I am awarding you the "Smartest Person On This Forum" for today award (may change tomorrow). I just dumped 3 test batches of "great recipes" down the drain (yes they did steep for more than 10 days). I have cleaned out the bottles and am starting from scratch the way you say to do it. I thought I could at least get an idea of what percentages were way too low or way too high but apparently that is not the case. I know that taste vary but "horrible" is "horrible" in anybody's book. If I have three fried chicken recipes I may like all, none, or some but I expect them to taste somewhat like fried chicken.

Whoever said "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" was a smart person. I would add to that "anything you read". I am sure that there are some great recipes on this forum and on other sites but I just don't have the time or money to pick them out.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Dannyv45 I am awarding you the "Smartest Person On This Forum" for today award (may change tomorrow). I just dumped 3 test batches of "great recipes" down the drain (yes they did steep for more than 10 days). I have cleaned out the bottles and am starting from scratch the way you say to do it. I thought I could at least get an idea of what percentages were way too low or way too high but apparently that is not the case. I know that taste vary but "horrible" is "horrible" in anybody's book. If I have three fried chicken recipes I may like all, none, or some but I expect them to taste somewhat like fried chicken.
Whoever said "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" was a smart person. I would add to that "anything you read". I am sure that there are some great recipes on this forum and on other sites but I just don't have the time or money to pick them out.
Danny Smart? :danger:

Fried Chicken Vape! :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread