The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hardest part of diy

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by tgardner23, Oct 8, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    My current frustrating DIY moment. I have new flavors I've been excited to try, got the time, supplies are ready, but I have a head cold. I can't smell a thing. Even peppermint+Koolada is like vaping steam. Bummer...

2. zee91105

zee91105 Full Member

Feb 5, 2012
    India
    to me it would be the time it takes to make different small quantity trial recipies which runs out quick and then u need so much more time again and again and again ..... my personal preference is start vaping after 3 days of steeping. it tasts so fresh and yumm !!

3. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Toughest thing for me to do is after making up a bottle of my newest flavor try, "Ye Old Drain Cleaner" and not using it for the purpose implied by the name...:facepalm:

4. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    That's the problem with making everyone else's recipe's. It never lives up to your expectations. That's why you need to create your own mix and forget about creating a recipe or replicating a venders juice until you know what you are doing. Follow the basic rules. Start low and make many test batches. Taste each individual flavor so you know what each flavor your combining taste like. Understand the process of steeping and when it's nessessary, understand percentages and correct measuring. The only thing that will tell you a juice is good are your own taste buds.

5. ut1205

ut1205 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2013
    Chattanooga, Tn, USA
    Dannyv45 I am awarding you the "Smartest Person On This Forum" for today award (may change tomorrow). I just dumped 3 test batches of "great recipes" down the drain (yes they did steep for more than 10 days). I have cleaned out the bottles and am starting from scratch the way you say to do it. I thought I could at least get an idea of what percentages were way too low or way too high but apparently that is not the case. I know that taste vary but "horrible" is "horrible" in anybody's book. If I have three fried chicken recipes I may like all, none, or some but I expect them to taste somewhat like fried chicken.

Whoever said "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" was a smart person. I would add to that "anything you read". I am sure that there are some great recipes on this forum and on other sites but I just don't have the time or money to pick them out.

6. michaelsil1

michaelsil1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Danny Smart? :danger:

Fried Chicken Vape! :ohmy:

7. ut1205

ut1205 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2013
    Chattanooga, Tn, USA
    I was talking about real "Fried Chicken" but "Fried Chicken Vape" ................I'm going to start working on that one!

8. ardvaark

ardvaark Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2012
    Santa Clara, CA
    Hmmm.. Anyone have some chicken bouillon cubes? Maybe throw one in some PG??

9. awsum140

awsum140 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That much sodium might be lethal if vaped, LOL.

10. Bryan lord

Bryan lord Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2013
    Ct
    Might be good for flu season.

-Lord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.