Hate my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
I started with a smoking everywhere kit from a mall, and didn't have enough money to go for a mod or any of the nice 510 threaded (now the norm) kits that everyone had. Definitely know where you're coming from.

The dual coil tanks are (imo) a little much for an ego battery. If you want dual coil, a mod with the ability to pump a little more juice would be better. What's probably happening is that the coils are taking too much power to get to temperature.

I'd personally suggest a Kanger Protank (1 or 2) which you could probably pick up online. That'd give you a nice bottomfeed tank that you should do ok with for pretty cheap. Heck, I still use em for on the go tanks. Stick with single coil until you've got a mod, and make sure to order extra coil packs to start out because occasionally you'll find one that just has a bum coil. (drippy or dry)

From there I'd suggest saving up for a mod. Either mech, variable voltage, or variable wattage. (for ease of use and simplicity I'd say try to get ahold of a variable wattage on the cheap) You'll still save more in the long run because you won't be buying smokes.

It's possible that I'm working at this from the wrong angle. If you have a specific problem (that I haven't addressed) with the device you're using try to describe it and I'll gladly try to solve that problem.

Edit: also....props for being a Whovian. ^_^

Ninjakelso

Sep 23, 2014
Louisa, KY, USA
I know I've been looking into the MVP, I like it, but won't be able to get it til January at least, we are moving today, so, most of this months money is going to that, next month is thanksgiving and my twin nieces birthday, and then Christmas in December. So yeah... The boyfriend would rather get me a game for my birthday, as he wants me to eventually quit vaping as well. :p

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
If you are just getting started and are on a budget, go to ebay and find you a mvp2(40.00 or less) and get a couple of mini pro tank 2's or 3's(8.00 or less) and some replacement coils(5.00). For less than 50-60.00 bucks you can have a great set up to keep you off the cigs until your budget allows for an even better experience. The mvp has a couple of days worth of battery life and the mini protanks give you the luxury of a glass tank over a plastic which will make flavor better and you don't have to worry about which juices will crack your tank. Find some extra cash to splurge on some nicoticket juice and YOU ARE SET!!!!!! Don't get discouraged. An ego-t got me through my first two weeks with some lousy B&M juice until I could afford to do better. Even the worst set up is better than the marlboro ....

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
Honestly, I've managed to break almost every glass and plastic tank I've come up against. I'm not so much clumsy as I am hard on my gear. Only the Kanger protanks have continually survived falls, hits from bokkens, things being dropped on them, being jostled around on my lanyard, etc. Very durable pyrex...I have my suspicions that they're actually made of the window of a crashed alien space ship...maybe they're made of parts of the Tardis O_O

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
My only concern with glass tanks, I'm a bit clumsy, so how well will they hold from drops and falling off various tables?
Also, how fast does everyone drop their nic levels? I'm thinking about going down to 6 mg with next months order.

My best advice is to not lower the nic level to quickly. It's a recipe for failure. My sister tried to go from smoking to zero nicotine vaping in the course of two weeks. Needless to say, she is back to smoking for now. Nicotine itself is not the enemy here, tobacco smoke is. Due it gradually and keep your previous level handy in case there's a problem with the transition.

As far as equipment goes, sounds like you have some time to do some research. There are tons of reasonably priced, well performing options out there for you.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I'd personally suggest a Kanger Protank (1 or 2) which you could probably pick up online. That'd give you a nice bottomfeed tank that you should do ok with for pretty cheap. Heck, I still use em for on the go tanks. Stick with single coil until you've got a mod, and make sure to order extra coil packs to start out because occasionally you'll find one that just has a bum coil. (drippy or dry)

Personally, I'm shocked anyone is still recommending the Protank when the Aerotank is a comparable price option. Not disagreeing with you, as I still rock my mini pro 3 sometimes when I want a tighter draw, but surprised, because I still see a lot of this recommendation.

Ninjakelso

Sep 23, 2014
Louisa, KY, USA
My best advice is to not lower the nic level to quickly. It's a recipe for failure. My sister tried to go from smoking to zero nicotine vaping in the course of two weeks. Needless to say, she is back to smoking for now. Nicotine itself is not the enemy here, tobacco smoke is. Due it gradually and keep your previous level handy in case there's a problem with the transition.

As far as equipment goes, sounds like you have some time to do some research. There are tons of reasonably priced, well performing options out there for you.

Trust me I know, this isn't my first foray into the world of vaping, it's my third first time was a cig alike that stopped working after a month and the second was a cheap ego type that fell out of my purse the next day. The second wasn't successful for the short time I had it because the shop gave me 6mg instead of the 18 I asked for. I switched from 18 to 12 fairly quick though because that level of nic was just too much and caused a terrible cough after a while and now 12 is starting to do the same.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
FWIW, one of the hottest selling setups at the local vapor store where my wife works is the Eleaf Istick with a color matching Kanger EMOW tank. Small, great looking together, excellent battery life and performance. The EMOW uses the same coils as the new Aerotank/Mega and has the same air flow control setup.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I use Kanger Bottom Dual Coil tanks with my EGO type VV Batteries all the time I use 1.5 to 1.8 ohm replacement coil heads. Never have a problem with not enough power [my EGO VV batteries range from 800 to 1600 Mah] or wicking juice. I just got a Kanger Protank3 Mini A good Vape. Only drawback is it only holds 1.4 mil of juice. I also just bought a Kanger Protank 3 for about $13 and it is a great improvement over my Protank 1. Need to use a Beauty Ring when using it on EGO Batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread