Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I'm using a GP Dripper Pro. Works well!

Shown on a Pico Squeeze and a Kanger Dripmod until my Inbox v3 arrives (my RSQ and Therion BF 75C are out on loan and I wouldn't want to curse anyone by loaning out my Aleader Killer 80).
e4909946e4772cf0b7d2a165f1689a67.jpg

Edit: I don't know why but I can't seem to see the photo I included. Not sure if it's broken.
Shows up for me.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
hmm... so if it matters to anyone, I literally just got a notice from USPS indicating that my expected delivery date for the package containing the Inbox v3 is 2/9. (shipped by USPS ePacket from fasttech).

So if you ordered yours recently as well it should be coming soon!

Was hoping to get it before they took a break (since most companies close production during the Lunar New Year).

Last edited:

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Didn't want to derail this thread but since we were talking about 510 refill bottles, here's the Geekvape flask that arrived today - shown next to an Aleader Killer 80 mod and an 18650 mech for size reference.

This thing is solid, leak-proof, and the threading on all but the bottom cap is very decent but of course I'm comparing it to the excellent machining of one of the best mod makers around.

I like that there are both a nozzle and 510 option in a single package. May be pricier than some other options but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

For those new to squonking/refilling with this type of bottle here's a tip. Don't fill the refill bottle all the way to the top. That will interfere with the transfer process. Also, don't fill your squonk bottle all the way to the top. That could be a little bit messy. I don't think I need to explain how I found this out. =P

bf72f9d704e231d9990b669ea71f8621.jpg

Last edited:

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Wow, I hope everyone that was thinking about getting the vt inbox v3 already ordered theirs.

Mine is in transit but while I was searching to see if there were any new video reviews and checking my shipping status, I noticed that FastTech's price jumped up to $99.

I guess buying it before it came in stock got me a discount because I paid $65.92 for mine.

If you can find it for cheaper than $99 I'd jump on it. My guess is that it's going to be a hot seller.

Too bad. I was planning on buying another at $65 (as backup) if I really liked it - which I think I will.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Wow, I hope everyone that was thinking about getting the vt inbox v3 already ordered theirs.

Mine is in transit but while I was searching to see if there were any new video reviews and checking my shipping status, I noticed that FastTech's price jumped up to $99.

I guess buying it before it came in stock got me a discount because I paid $65.92 for mine.

If you can find it for cheaper than $99 I'd jump on it. My guess is that it's going to be a hot seller.

Too bad. I was planning on buying another at $65 (as backup) if I really liked it - which I think I will.
Like stated on the product page, the MAP code brings it back down to $66.51

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Like stated on the product page, the MAP code brings it back down to $66.51
oh nice. thanks for that tip.

I guess I missed that since I didn't have to enter it when purchasing the last time...

Edit: I put it in my cart and entered the coupon code which did, in fact, lower the price. What's weird is that I can't see any mention of the coupon code on the product page. maybe I'm missing it but I've looked several times. I wonder if it's because I'm using a mobile browser (Chrome on a Samsung s8) ...

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
oh nice. thanks for that tip.

I guess I missed that since I didn't have to enter it when purchasing the last time...

Edit: I put it in my cart and entered the coupon code which did, in fact, lower the price. What's weird is that I can't see any mention of the coupon code on the product page. maybe I'm missing it but I've looked several times. I wonder if it's because I'm using a mobile browser (Chrome on a Samsung s8) ...
Yes, I’ve noticed when using a mobile device you can’t see everything as when you utilise the full site.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
So my VT Inbox v3 just arrived!

Unfortunately, this is the first versionof the Inbox that I've owned so I can't really do a comparison.

Feels very nice and works flawlessly out-of-the-box in VW mode. I don't have any immediate plans to load escribe and change settings, but my fire button LEDs light up fuschia - I'm not really digging it but I don't even see it whilst firing anyway.

The back panel is a snug fit. The front panel (with the squonk port) still has a bit of wobble. Nothing major, really, but it could fit better.

The silicone bottle is, indeed, removable. The spare bottle that came with the kit is NOT silicone but a darker, harder plastic. I'm sure I'll never use it.

The tubing is 2mm ID and 4mm OD.

The only other bottles that I have to use in comparison are sjmy bottles that I got on FastTech (2mm ID and 5mm OD). They will fit it the Inbox nicely but are a couple of mm taller.

IMO, this is the best of my devices between this, the Aleader Killer 80, the RSQ, and even the Therion BF 75C (I don't really need, or care for, the color screen). I do wish the buttons were a little "clickier" but that's just a personal preference.

As long as nothing weird pops up within the next week or so I'm definitely ordering another as backup.

There's just one thing I'm wishing for a the moment. That's a silicone ring/frame that would go around the side of the mod (but still leave the panels free to open). I won't hold my breath though...

4554a686c7edb941eaff93398d40969b.jpg
e1966f0d96ae66b039844781771a4447.jpg
e6edceca0e46b724e9dc679a4ba16b7b.jpg
0fcf58865ccb173701f05b6fbb0a2b4b.jpg

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
One more comment on the VT Inbox v3. The silicone bottle is nice and squishy. It's so squishy that the bottle is slow to refill with air after squonking. Not a big deal at all. However, at the moment there doesn't seem to be any replacement bottles for the v3.

No problem since the SJMY bottles are a perfect fit for the cutout on the inside of the Inbox v3. While very soft, they require a firmer squonk but reforms to shape very quickly. I prefer them over the stock bottle, TBH.

I've had these bottles for a couple of weeks but only decided to use them today. I'm very pleased.

omzamar

Jan 6, 2013
malaysia
One more comment on the VT Inbox v3. The silicone bottle is nice and squishy. It's so squishy that the bottle is slow to refill with air after squonking. Not a big deal at all. However, at the moment there doesn't seem to be any replacement bottles for the v3.

No problem since the SJMY bottles are a perfect fit for the cutout on the inside of the Inbox v3. While very soft, they require a firmer squonk but reforms to shape very quickly. I prefer them over the stock bottle, TBH.

I've had these bottles for a couple of weeks but only decided to use them today. I'm very pleased.
$9.20 (Free Shipping) Authentic HCigar Magic Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle (5-Pack) (Magic, 7ml, Silicone, White, 5-Pack) at m.FastTech.com

this seems to be perfect replacement bottle for inbox v3

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
So my VT Inbox v3 just arrived!

Unfortunately, this is the first versionof the Inbox that I've owned so I can't really do a comparison.

Feels very nice and works flawlessly out-of-the-box in VW mode. I don't have any immediate plans to load escribe and change settings, but my fire button LEDs light up fuschia - I'm not really digging it but I don't even see it whilst firing anyway.

The back panel is a snug fit. The front panel (with the squonk port) still has a bit of wobble. Nothing major, really, but it could fit better.

The silicone bottle is, indeed, removable. The spare bottle that came with the kit is NOT silicone but a darker, harder plastic. I'm sure I'll never use it.

The tubing is 2mm ID and 4mm OD.

The only other bottles that I have to use in comparison are sjmy bottles that I got on FastTech (2mm ID and 5mm OD). They will fit it the Inbox nicely but are a couple of mm taller.

IMO, this is the best of my devices between this, the Aleader Killer 80, the RSQ, and even the Therion BF 75C (I don't really need, or care for, the color screen). I do wish the buttons were a little "clickier" but that's just a personal preference.

As long as nothing weird pops up within the next week or so I'm definitely ordering another as backup.

There's just one thing I'm wishing for a the moment. That's a silicone ring/frame that would go around the side of the mod (but still leave the panels free to open). I won't hold my breath though...

4554a686c7edb941eaff93398d40969b.jpg
e1966f0d96ae66b039844781771a4447.jpg
e6edceca0e46b724e9dc679a4ba16b7b.jpg
0fcf58865ccb173701f05b6fbb0a2b4b.jpg

Sorry but this always confounds me, people using dna boards in wattage mode all over the boards.... To be clear the only thing a dna board does differently from, say a joyetech one is TC. You can even compare phil's scope outputs. Not bashing anyone but it just seems like a waste of money, or maybe people are misinformed Idk.

btw using TC is what makes squanking great, if you're not, you're doing yourself a disservice... it's also the only way to be sure you're in the safe range for pg/vg & it's what you paid the extra $$ for.

bcc0c6e28090674d5363fefded9e1e40.jpg

^$35, just saying... probably easier to use too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Sorry but this always confounds me, people using dna boards in wattage mode all over the boards.... To be clear the only thing a dna board does differently from, say a joyetech one is TC. You can even compare phil's scope outputs. Not bashing anyone but it just seems like a waste of money, or maybe people are misinformed Idk.

btw using TC is what makes squanking great, if you're not, you're doing yourself a disservice... it's also the only way to be sure you're in the safe range for pg/vg & it's what you paid the extra $$ for.

bcc0c6e28090674d5363fefded9e1e40.jpg

^$35, just saying... probably easier to use too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sorry to disagree but that's like saying if I'm not using it at max power output then it's a complete waste.

Everyone's got their own preferences and TC is not one of mine. Maybe I'll devote more time to it at some point in the future but for now, my Kanthal builds work for me. I've been using primarily single-coil RTAs on tube mechs for over five years. Yes, Ive started with cartos, and experimented with RDAs, RTAs, Genesis devices, on multiple-coil, sub-ohm builds and have only been at squonking for the past several months.

If you think using a regulated mod (DNA or otherwise) in VV mode confuses you, maybe I shouldn't mention that I use it abetween 18 - 22 watts on a dual coil build coming in at a whopping .7 ohms... because that's not exactly "normal" either.

I like the Inbox because I like the Inbox. I like it much better than the other, readily-available, regulated (and unregulated), single battery squonk mods most people mention... and I've had most of the more popular ones in the short span of 3.5 months.

The purpose of my post was to give some info on the Inbox v3 that some may have not heard as, so far as I know, I've been the only one posting about using the v3. Thought it might be helpful to other squonk beginners who are on the lookout for devices.

I have tons of mods, both very expensive and very cheap. Recently my preference has been for mods that are easy to get, work well without having to modify them, and are reliable. As such, I reiterate that the vt inbox is indeed solid ... especially to start with and even for more advanced vapers.

Your assertion that my money is wasted both on the Inbox and for not using TC just doesn't hold water for me. I believe my money to be well spent. I'd even argue that, for $65, this is some of the best overall value-for-performance to be had at the moment.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Now that I'm logged in to see the image (not sure why Tapatalk will show me some images but not others - including my own, posted with Tapatalk) I see your message in a different light.

Why tell us that you're not bashing the people using a DNA board in VV/VW mode and then post a picture of a mod that I clearly referenced, earlier, as well as lead us down the Joyetech path (I actually liked their earlier eVics but haven't used any of their devices in awhile).

Maybe some of us (me) already have had other products and like the Inbox because *gasp* it suits our needs better, and like it better, than the some of the other comparable devices.

Why come here and say that I'm wasting my money by not vaping the DNA board in the way you see fit - and should buy the Aleader model that is basically terrible and needs modifications just to work properly? By the way, not only does the mod you suggested leak badly because of a bad 510 design, it can't reliably read the resistance (of the same coil) over multiple uses and therefore gives inconsistent results when regulating the wattage. That and, for whatever reason, my batteries perform much better on the Inbox v3 (and Therion) than other non-DNA boards.

Not to bash, but that sounds rather elitist especially for an ECF Vet.

Another edit: I happen to think squonking is great because I don't have to drip. If TC makes squonking great for you then I'm happy for you. =)

The last edit (I promise): If I wasn't clear before, let me state it very clearly now. The Aleader Killer 80 is NOT a mod I would recommend. In fact, let me go on to say that it is utter garbage and I would NOT waste any money on that product. It works well enough once I permanently sealed the 510 with glue to stop the leak (which makes the 510 non-adjustable at that point). Personally, I know that if the glue stops the leak, it is also touching the juice I vape and prefer to keep it from touching the adhesive chemicals if at all possible. However, aside from it going through batteries faster than the Inbox despite using the same atty, with the same coil build, at the same wattage it also has other downfalls: the interface is annoying because after a couple minutes of being idle, you need to activate it again with the fire button, release it, then wait a couple of seconds for it to be ready to fire again. Also, my unit doesn't always fire upon activating the button (even though we get that nice, tactile click). I just originally didn't post it because this was a VT Inbox thread, not one about the Aleader product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread