The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

HCigar VT Inbox (VTinbox) - evolv VT75

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by Ramsay Bolton, Sep 23, 2016.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I couldn't agree more.I have several Dna75 mods,and have also had a Dna 200 mod at one point,and none of these have been bought because of temp control.I don't even really care that they have a Dna board in them,i have bought them,and am getting ready to build 2 Dna75 mods,simply because i like the mod and they just happen to use Dna boards.I've tried temp control on several mods,including both the Dna 75 and 200,and i just haven't liked it on any mod i tried it on haha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In... Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Like you, I’m all in on TC. However, TC is a bit “fiddley” and I’ve come to accept that some may never adopt it.

I think the VT Inbox is a good value even to those who are only looking for a regulated, VW only squonk box. Consider the following:

1. There is a dearth of well-built, reliable, regulated, non-DNA, single-battery, squonk mods available for purchase at a reasonable price. Most squonk boxes are either pure mechanical mods or mechanical mods with a few protections built in. There aren’t very many that can even do VW.

2. The firmware of most of those that are available can’t be upgraded unless you have a PC. I’m also all in on Mac OS, and there’s no way in hell I would either buy a PC or dedicate a section of my solid-state drive and buy a copy of Windows (if I’m gonna be completely kosher about it) just to upgrade a mods firmware.

3. The price of those that are available are not all that much cheaper than the VT Inbox. (At Fasttech prices anyway...)

4. The DNA boards also do VW very well. Busardo also verifies that.

One further observation. I have a Volcano M 75, a VT Inbox and 3 Joyetech Evic Minis in my rotation, all running in TC mode. I honestly don’t notice much of a difference between them in terms of the vape quality I get from them in TC mode, and would certainly at least consider a Joyetech, TC capable, squonk mod should they ever offer one. That said, my somewhat subjective opinion is that the DNA mods I have are a step up in build quality from the Evic.

Just my :2c:.

• Like Like x 3
  3. cliffy15

cliffy15 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    Maybe one day I'll give TC a bit more of a go. However, finding a coil material I like, in a configuration that I like (spaced, touching, exotic build, etc), for a mod that I like, that does TC reliably is more effort than I'd like to spend at the moment; especially since I'm new-ish to the world of squonking. At least I know that if I ever go TC, the DNA device that I currently have should be more than adequate for the job.

I only started squonking because 1 - my favorite mod/atty maker released a squonk-compatible dripper and 2 - squonk mods have finally become more accessible. I'm not opposed to spending several hundreds of dollars on a mod once I know, specifically, what I'm looking for but I really don't want to go chasing rare mods or fighting to get accepted to a Facebook list just for a lottery's chance at the privilege of owning a product.

I typically vape on mechs and usually prefer them for their longevity. However, there is something to be said for having a regulated mod to give a consistent vape as well as easily changing output powers for testing the performance of different coil builds and the taste of various DIY liquids at different powers/mix percentages.

Edit: I personally prefer squonkers that let me squonk in a different position (from the side instead of the widest part of the mod) but the VT Inbox has proven itself to be quite capable and I'm enjoying it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. cliffy15

Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    BTW, @jumpin'In ... howzit!

Just had to. I don't see a whole lot of vapers from Hawaii on the boards (at least not on the boards I frequent) ...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jumpin' In...

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Oh yeah! Howsit brah! Me too! I neva’ notice!

• Like Like x 2
  6. kiba

kiba Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    no need to get all butthurt there, I was just looking for some clarification, as I said I've seen this type of behavior all over the board, and even a few freinds... I even have a buddy that drips, who bought a 3 battery 250 and refuses to try TC, although I'm pretty sure in his case he did no research & then was misinformed by a b&m guy.

As I'm sure most of you already know TC will allow you to squonk & vape your atty completely dry before squonking again, never get dry hits if you forget to squonk, know for certain you're not heating vg/pg to the point of releasing aldehydes (>450F) etc. The confusing (to me) part is that someone would pay for the best technology on the market for doing all of that, but yet want none of it... But I do agree with some of the stuff that's mentioned above, especially considering the fact that many people find escribe to be not user friendly, & that many of the stock materials (SS in particular) need to be replaced with proper ones to improve accuracy. But if you did a little bit of googling, you knew all this before buying it.

A few things though...

The, using it at max power comparison makes no sense to me.

I know nothing about the leader, I just did a search for "cheap squonk mod - regulated", point is I'm sure there are plenty that are cheaper, easier to use and just as good in wattage mode.

No need for firmware updates if you're just using wattage. The dna75 board is so old that all the issues with it have been long since corrected.

If you're familiar with Phil's reviews you can check out his scope shots & compare the dna75, evic, Pico etc, there's no difference in how they do wattage. Maybe you meant something differently by "they do wattage well" but they actually do it like an evic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Figs

Figs Senior Member

I am extremely pleased with my V2 Inbox. Great performance, and just works. I find Escribe easy to use to customize to my liking. I tried TC, did not see any advantage for my vape style. I’m MTL, flavor chaser, >1 ohm, 10 watts max. When I tried TC I set it at 420F and it never even reached it. They made the Inbox with VW and TC options, I choose to use it VW. I would recommend it to anyone, regardless of their preference.

• Like Like x 2
  8. cliffy15

Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    If by "all butthurt" you mean "mildly offended" I'd say, yes, you are correct.

I don't mind miscommunication, misinterpretation, nor confusion as long as there is some reasonable, respectful clarification in the process.

However, I took it somewhat personally as you:

1. Directed your post regarding the confounding use of "people using dna boards in wattage mode all over the boards" at me by replying, while quoting, my original post.

2. Intimated that I was either uninformed, or unaware, and definitely doing myself a disservice (and potentially influencing others as well).

3. All while referencing: a) an Aleader product that you, self-admittedly, know little about while somehow missing that I referenced that product in, both, text and images in my post that you quoted ... and b) a Joyetech regulated product - a manufacturer that doesn't even make a squonk mod - in a direct reply to a post that referred only to specs of the new Inbox and wasn't commenting on the differences/peformance of DNA vs. other boards (or TC-capable vs non-TC-capable).

4. Missed the possibility that I purchased the Inbox v3 for reasons other than TC and the DNA board.

So that's the reason that I'm "all butthurt" and I'm happy to just leave it at that.

Edit: Forgot to address the comment about the nonsensical max power comparison: Which I threw out there in direct reference to features available, that go unused, being a disservice and a waste of money. I purchased the Inbox with intentions of using it in VW mode and never once considered it a waste of money. Technically a DNA75 is a waste since I'll likely never vape above 30W ... a "feature" of the evolving power availability that will go unused.

9. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    :pop: in the Inbox thread... :blink:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    After almost a week with my new RSQ, I have relegated the RSQ to backup duty. Despite the RSQ's smaller size, it isn't as comfortable in hand as the Inbox, nor does it seem any lighter. And I prefer the Inbox's original bottle setup - it's nice to not have to fiddle with a cap.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Jumpin' In...

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    I also don’t at all mind the Inbox V1/V2 bottle setup/system; I find it easy to work with - once I figured out how to fill it with a dropper, anyway. Never had an opportunity to try a more “standard” bottle setup, tho - nor have I tried the older, stiffer bottles (of which I have 10, lol).

Decided against getting the RSQ once I determined that the firmware update software was not Mac compatible. Ditto re the Fuchai.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Figs

Figs Senior Member

@Jumpin' In... excuse my ignorance, but how do you fill it with a dropper? I use a 510 fill bottle on mine and works great, but I am curious about other methods.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jumpin' In...

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    At first I had problems with a dropper because of bubbling at the mouth of the bottle while filling - especially with higher VG liquids. To get around that, I squeeze the bottle a bit before putting the dropper to the mouth of the bottle, then slowly release the pressure on the bottle while pressing the bulb of the dropper. Rinse and repeat.

If I’m a little more patient and let the excess liquid fall off the outside of the dropper before putting it to the bottle, I found that I can actually plug the bottle with the dropper, then release the bottle and press the dropper bulb. Plugging the bottle top also works very well with those screw-top nozzles on some of the larger eliquid bottles - you can pretty much fill in one go.

As I think I mentioned earlier (actually I’m not sure it was in this thread), I change up flavors every bottle or two, so those 510 fill bottles aren’t really practical for me. I’d need a bunch of ‘em.

Hope that explanation was clear enough...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Figs

Figs Senior Member

Very clear, thanks for the follow up!

• Like Like x 3
  15. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    So I've been slowly moving from REOS to TC vaping, trying a few less expensive Eleaf products along the way. Yesterday I received my VT Inbox, and I am quite impressed. Not sure I could add anything that hasn't already been stated along the thread. Matched mine with a NarDa, single 316 SS coil, and running 16W at 405*F. Very comfortable and consistent vape. I will probably buy another, and use them as my "At Home" vaping mods. My VV Grands and Woodvils are quite jealous !

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. kiba

Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    well, I'm glad you got a chance to get that out... feel better?

lol people (this isn't a reference to you btw) take things so personally on this board, we're talking about vape pens for glob's sake. have to start putting disclaimers on everything.
    If you like stainless steel, give 430 a try, it's dry-burnable, nickel free, higher tcr & better accuracy. I use NiFe52/48 and 430SS almost exclusively. Plus, if you ever feel like using them in wattage, or on one of your reo's, they're safer & superior to kanthal in pretty much every way.

316L is ok but it has a low tcr and is notorious for any little thing (posts, center pin etc) screwing up readings. Also there's too many companies making it & all with a slightly different composition, the other thing is it's technically not great to dry burn it & I like to get 1-2 dry burns out of my coils before I change them... In the earlier days of SS being used in TC it was a real pita, nowadays I find it to be mostly ok though as long as I'm using something with dual coils, it seems to work better with higher coil mass.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Jumpin' In...

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    From where do you get your 430 wire? I wouldn’t mind giving it a try.

18. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
  19. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    • Like Like x 4
  20. kiba

Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    Zivipf gets my vote, you can get more than just 28g, and give one of the nife's a try while you're at it... but yeah unkamen for inside the US, for sure. Geekvape also now apparently sells it in 26g & 24g, which, I haven't tried it but according to freinds it works.

Also, the premade 430 claptons that AVS sells I have a spool of & are pretty good. They are dirty though, as with all 430SS I've tried, so always wipe it down with alcohol, it apparently has something to do with them not being able to clean it in the normal way. (which is probably just spraying it down with water)

• Like Like x 2