HCIGAR VT75 Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
First post on here. I'm about to pick one up for 40 bucks and was wondering if that was a good deal. No problems with the battery cap and in good condition. Thank a in advance for any advice.

hello Noweezy415 , welcome to the mighty ECF :toast:

if the device is darn good shape, probably not a bad deal...
:D- just because -- maybe ya wanna think about one of the NEW (3) button dna 75 C mods (latest/greatest)

upload_2017-7-29_1-33-50.png

:thumbs:

Reactions: DPLongo22

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Is anyone using EScribe from Evolv?

You don't have to, but it's really nice to take advantage of the customization features as well as real time monitoring of performance to get TC dialed in. Once you've set it up for all your typical uses with their own profiles, you only need to go back into eScribe for firmware upgrades or new build/tank combos that you want specific settings for.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'm waiting on my DNA 75C but I've downloaded the EScribe software which is good for updates. PB has a two part 75C video series which I'll watch soon.

if you need a qwikie introduction to eScribe this is pretty simple fast

will prep ya for the feature film starring Phil :D

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
if you need a qwikie introduction to eScribe this is pretty simple fast

will prep ya for the feature film starring Phil :D

I shall watch it today. I have plenty of time since it's coming via slow boat. Thank you.

I am, Ping. My mods all have the Dolphins logo when they start up, and the same LED colors and wattage settings.

Yep. That's the extent of it.

That sounds like fun. So you can set the start up screen and setting?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That sounds like fun. So you can set the start up screen and setting?

With the 75c, there's even more you can customize for your theme, start up screens, button assignments, and all sorts of goodies. My bit of advice, don't go all nuts customizing everything on receipt. Get the basics down, live with it for a bit, then decide what needs changing and what doesn't. Granted, if you get all messed up you can always go back to default and start over, but that's an annoyance you might not want right at the beginning.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Nice collection. Thanks! Linked it in my drive, some of those screen images will come in handy. Stuff I made for myself are real basic and simple.

LOL! You want to hear what's really funny? I wasn't sure but I thought maybe it was you that I got it from.

Since that wasn't the case, I'm pretty sure I know who it was (it was between you and one other).

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
With the 75c, there's even more you can customize for your theme, start up screens, button assignments, and all sorts of goodies. My bit of advice, don't go all nuts customizing everything on receipt. Get the basics down, live with it for a bit, then decide what needs changing and what doesn't. Granted, if you get all messed up you can always go back to default and start over, but that's an annoyance you might not want right at the beginning.

I'm using 316l ss and if I'm not mistaken the DNA can read the wire and resistance and determine the best temp.

This link takes you to a bunch of potential images you can use for the themes, if you want any of them.

IDrive-Sync_action_nest_135 - Google Drive

You are an encyclopedia of knowledge. Great work DP.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
BTW are those themes only in B/W?

"Useless knowledge" is a specialty. :blink:

I expect all of those are B/W only, but I'd check since the owner may have added to them due to the release of the C.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
LOL! You want to hear what's really funny? I wasn't sure but I thought maybe it was you that I got it from.

Since that wasn't the case, I'm pretty sure I know who it was (it was between you and one other).

Nah, not me. I'm not a graphic creative person. I messed with some graphic screens when I first started with it, but they always looked like crap so it's simple lettering. I do enjoy playing with new typefaces.

I'm using 316l ss and if I'm not mistaken the DNA can read the wire and resistance and determine the best temp.

Eh, the DNA boards are super smart, but they can't do that. There's no way it can know your preferences. I know there are some mods out there that do "smart wattage", but I'm skeptical of them for really nailing a sweet spot for me. TC has even more moving parts. That said, it's pretty straightforward to get TC dialed in, especially with a little time with device monitor to see exactly what's happening with changes in settings. Just remember to upload to the mod once you're set, and save your profiles on your HD if you ever need to reference, or clone them for another DNA mod. Maybe the 75c does something special with that, but one of the big features available with the 75c is being able to do all that stuff right on the mod's screen. I would, however, advice backing up those changes using eScribe in case you ever need to reload the profile.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Eh, the DNA boards are super smart, but they can't do that. There's no way it can know your preferences. I know there are some mods out there that do "smart wattage", but I'm skeptical of them for really nailing a sweet spot for me.

Not being a rocket scientist I find myself getting confused really fast. Looking at some of the menu settings they show 316, 316L, nickel, etc. I really thought the presets were all I had to do. I know once I have the mod I'll start to understand TC. After all it only took me a year to make a single coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread