Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Not being a rocket scientist I find myself getting confused really fast. Looking at some of the menu settings they show 316, 316L, nickel, etc. I really thought the presets were all I had to do. I know once I have the mod I'll start to understand TC. After all it only took me a year to make a single coil.

Those presets assure the correct TCR curve for the wire. You still have to decide on the temp you want and the maximum wattage you need to reach it, along with a preheat of it's a high metal mass. That right there sounds more complicated than it actually is once you start playing with it.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I haven't done much of any of this dna " customizing " (I'm just not that interested,yet) but you can ALSO
download somebody elses THEME and use their profile set up -- if ya don't like it just flash it back to stock default...

eg: - Evolv DNA 200

:matrix:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I customized mine so that every time I push the button, it fires. As long as I remember to screw in an atomizer, vaper comes out.

It's pretty cool.

It took a lot of fiddling, but now mine refills my coffee cup before firing the atty. Sure, that is a delay, but for my personal vape pattern, very satisfying. :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It took a lot of fiddling, but now mine refills my coffee cup before firing the atty. Sure, that is a delay, but for my personal vape pattern, very satisfying. :D

YOU DOWNLOADED THE COFFEE FIRMWARE???? I so wanted that one. I really need to get off my lazy duff...

Which is the that version? It's "K1EU2RIGG123", correct? I don't want to end up with freaking tea in my cup, y'know. THAT'd suk. :eek:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
YOU DOWNLOADED THE COFFEE FIRMWARE???? I so wanted that one. I really need to get off my lazy duff...

Which is the that version? It's "K1EU2RIGG123", correct? I don't want to end up with freaking tea in my cup, y'know. THAT'd suk. :eek:

Just remember, it will only work with authentic Keurig machines and k-cups.:lol:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I customized mine so that every time I push the button, it fires. As long as I remember to screw in an atomizer, vaper comes out.

It's pretty cool.

How on Earth did you get your mod to fire by just putting an atty on it??? You get vapor? Oh I get it now. You put juice in the atty. I missed that step in the instructions. You are a life saver DP. 4 years of vaping and no wonder I still crave tobacco. I thought OP on my Provari meant other people.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I just received the funniest email from Healthcabin. They thanked me for my order and asked if I could take the time to write a review of my Lost Vape mod. As far as I know my mod is still in China somewhere. 10 days out and it hasn't reached Hong Kong. Thankfully I don't do my Christmas shopping at healthcabin. I just might write the ghost review.

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
Thunder, wishing you luck with the new cap. I do hope you'll come back and report your findings?

Loving my Freds as well.

Ok, so here is my update:

Received the new battery cap for my Hcigar vt75 nano today. Kevin from Hcigar also enclosed a orange battery sleeve for my mod which was a nice touch. At first I thought the new battery cover would work - I've gently gotten it on snug three different times, although this cap also won't screw down on the battery close enough to keep the battery from moving inside the mod - am now convinced that in addition to the faulty threading, that the weight of the battery moving around inside causing pressure on the cap is also a big problem. Each time it screws down snug, the cap works loose and falls out as I'm walking or when I go to pick up my mod to vape. Disappointing.... have given thought to a thread chaser but believe I'm through. I may shoot Kevin another message outlining the issues, I didn't mention that the cap never screwed all the way down on the battery. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have addressed the issue immediately with store I purchased from.

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
I've gently gotten it on snug three different times, although this cap also won't screw down on the battery close enough to keep the battery from moving inside the mod

I didnt bother to go back and read all of your posts so bear with me. Have you tried a battery from a different manufacturer? I have some Sony batteries (VTC4's I think) that are shorter than my Samsungs.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm thinking the threads are shot, but that's an uneducated guess. Sorry to see it - I'll say that much. I know with the LG (brownies) it screws in well below where one would expect. I'm actually cautious because I don't want to screw into the battery (boom is bad).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Not being a rocket scientist I find myself getting confused really fast. Looking at some of the menu settings they show 316, 316L, nickel, etc. I really thought the presets were all I had to do. I know once I have the mod I'll start to understand TC. After all it only took me a year to make a single coil.

So, like next 4th of July, you'll be fully kwalified to teach me TC? Pingster, what does "TC" mean? ;)

Those presets assure the correct TCR curve for the wire. You still have to decide on the temp you want and the maximum wattage you need to reach it, along with a preheat of it's a high metal mass. That right there sounds more complicated than it actually is once you start playing with it.

head spin.jpeg

It's pretty cool.

How KOOL! (And you, dearheart, have the PREZACT same profile I've got!)

Button
Fire
Vape
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ;)

I thought OP on my Provari meant other people.

LOL!~

Ok, so here is my update:

Received the new battery cap for my Hcigar vt75 nano today. Kevin from Hcigar also enclosed a orange battery sleeve for my mod which was a nice touch. At first I thought the new battery cover would work - I've gently gotten it on snug three different times, although this cap also won't screw down on the battery close enough to keep the battery from moving inside the mod - am now convinced that in addition to the faulty threading, that the weight of the battery moving around inside causing pressure on the cap is also a big problem. Each time it screws down snug, the cap works loose and falls out as I'm walking or when I go to pick up my mod to vape. Disappointing.... have given thought to a thread chaser but believe I'm through. I may shoot Kevin another message outlining the issues, I didn't mention that the cap never screwed all the way down on the battery. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have addressed the issue immediately with store I purchased from.

That's incredibly disappointing, Thunder. :(

I hope you give it (and Kevin) one more shot to see where the problem actually lies, and what can be done, if anything.

So sorry. I still believe it's a threading issue. Truly wishing you the best of luck on this.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
So mad. Went to Pocono Speedway this past weekend for Nascar race, and sure enough lost my Nano and tank. smfh. Had that since they were released. Probably order another. Had my Jac for back up.... lol

Look on the brightside you did get to Kyle Busch win (YUCK) Sorry for the loss of a mod though.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
I didnt bother to go back and read all of your posts so bear with me. Have you tried a battery from a different manufacturer? I have some Sony batteries (VTC4's I think) that are shorter than my Samsungs.

I'll order a different battery - can you believe I've only used VTC4's in it?! Worth a try! Thanks for your post!

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
I'm thinking the threads are shot, but that's an uneducated guess. Sorry to see it - I'll say that much. I know with the LG (brownies) it screws in well below where one would expect. I'm actually cautious because I don't want to screw into the battery (boom is bad).

I was actually thinking about ordering a few of those. Maybe different battery for help! Thanks for posts, you'all!

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
So has any one had any problems of the fire button , funny thing mine was fine had a conversation last week with someone on another thread with similar problem , mine well keep locking up fire it half way through its locked says 5clicks unlock ?? Then goes off nada wont turn on mess About a few minutes comes on fires then same again it just started doing this last night reset firmware on escribe worked for 20mins then started again sigh , so had a look inside , its got a board on pins on another board 2 usb ports internally mines the chrome VT 75 Original version fits both size cells 26650 - 18650 , found it strange having 2 usb ports when opened up and 2 boards , do dna 75 have a double board ones ive seen for diy are usually just a single board like a 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread