markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Why I'll stick to an external charger:

This is from back in the day, multiple years ago, but there were a fair number of cases of problems related to usb ports not having enough capacity to charge devices. Under powered wall warts going boom, people fried usb ports or boards on pcs they tried to use for charging.

If the device tries to draw more power than the usb power source can provide, there's going to be a problem. If the device draws so little current to be fine on even small wall watts it would take forever to recharge three big 18650 batteries. If the device is able to sense usb power supply capacity, cut off if it isn't high enough, usb supplies that have enough oomph to charge that 3 battery set in a reasonable period of time are likely to be few and far between.

This is entirely ignoring the charger circuit implementation aspects. Is the circuitry in the pv charging the batteries in a way that would be called good by the folks over at candlepower forums or other battery and charger savvy groups?

I would love to get one of these pv, but I would treat usb charging as a backup option, not a primary use.

Last edited:

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
I am hoping @Vera explains it to all of us when he wakes up.
Waiting and secrets .... just like Christmas.

I became an expert at peeling the tape on packages and replacing it without detection until mom got up in the middle of the night once and asked what I was doing... told her I must be sleepwalking. For some reason, she didn't buy it

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA

I became an expert at peeling the tape on packages and replacing it without detection until mom got up in the middle of the night once and asked what I was doing... told her I must be sleepwalking. For some reason, she didn't buy it
ROFL!!!

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe

oldie but goodie.been busted but I wasn't quite an expert at replacing tape over the gapin tears I created.not subtle at all.rewrapping didn't work either.I didn't use the same paper and it never looked the same after I was done with it

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
friday bump

1508-man-no-shirt-bump-woman-in-face-on-bus.gif

Reactions: bigbob2322
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread