WISMEC Reuleaux RX200 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosierhickvape

Jul 17, 2015
Middlebury, IN
I'd like to see if the board in the black rx200 could be replaced with a dna200 board.

(a). You'd have a badass looking black dna200 reuleaux mod.

(b). I believe it would only come to about $140 to $150.

This would figure the RX200 mod for $60 to $70 plus another $80 for the DNA200 board.

My advice is. If this can be done, then make sure your knowledgeable with electronics and soldering. If not. A $80 DNA board isn't a smart place to start practicing your soldering skills. Unless you don't mind doling out $80 every time you screw something up.

Reactions: LuNar

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
I'd like to see if the board in the black rx200 could be replaced with a dna200 board.

This would figure the RX200 mod for $60 to $70 plus another $80 for the DNA200 board.

My advice is. If this can be done, then make sure your knowledgeable with electronics and soldering. If not. A $80 DNA board isn't a smart place to start practicing your soldering skills. Unless you don't mind doling out $80 every time you screw something up.
I just seen a sale on this for 41 $ and the dna 200 in 80 that would make it 121 if they kept the box the same and just made there own chip to make this unit since everything else is the same it stil has the 3 battery compartment they made there on chip so if the basically cloned the dna 200 chip it possible that it could be swapped but there would have to be someone willing to do it the first time If you already had a dna200 for another mod you would only get stuck for the 41 bucks I just don't have the extra money. I do have the DNA 200 for a box mod here but I am tapped for my vaping budget for the month.If I buy that mod for 42 my wife will hang meI seems I a stuck till the first

Last edited:

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
P1070507.JPG
I just pulled the trigger on the black one.They have them on preorder at Angelcigs.Estimated to ship December 12th. We will see if it's worth a crap next month,but for $61.00 it should be worth that.That's only ten bucks more than I paid for my Evic VT.
could have had it for 41. I see today on cigabuy code Wismec
But at least on Angelcigs you have it a few days I wonder how crappy that chip is 41 it got to be the cheapest 200 watt unit ion the market I just cant imagine its much of a chip I meant the box is worth the 42 $ easy I mean you go on shapeways I had to 15 just for the dna 200 faceplate for a Wismec box
I paid $33.10 but that was because I ordered the buttons in balck metal and this face pale it made to take the Mitech 12mm switch and that was 8 and I got the varitube 510 in clack becuase I was already paying for shipping at varitube I always use Fat daddy 510

Last edited:

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
I have the brand new starter kit version for the Evic vt on it way here I had to warranty it I was going to sell it I only bought it because I wanted something that does TI and I found out every unit that has TC can do ti that its just a compsation preset turn down you temp and watts a bit ti read and my custom built DNA 40s blow away the Evic vt 6o and I still have a leftover dna 40 and charger board

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA

I disagree the DNA 200 has way less to solder if you use the onboard buttons it on need 4 wires 2 for the battery and 2 for the atty and you have to solder the 4 pin connector on when I bought mine I made sure to order the extra 90 Degree version as it was a whole 49 cent and 5 of the 0 size thread forming screws you only need 3 but I always order spares used the hello2015 code and got the free shipping from Protovapor

hoosierhickvape

Jul 17, 2015
Middlebury, IN
I disagree the DNA 200 has way less to solder if you use the onboard buttons it on need 4 wires 2 for the battery and 2 for the atty and you have to solder the 4 pin connector on when I bought mine I made sure to order the extra 90 Degree version as it was a whole 49 cent and 5 of the 0 size thread forming screws you only need 3 but I always order spares used the hello2015 code and got the free shipping from Protovapor
What I meant, if you're soldering for the very first time in your life, you shouldn't be trying to do so on a $80 board. I don't know about you, but $80 out of my(also other people like myself) pocket is alot of money. Best way I got practice is get some junk electrics and practice. Also there's also lot of videos on YouTube to assist you with learning to solder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread