WISMEC Reuleaux RX200 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Valley

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
United States
I've owned my RX200 for about four months and I think it's junk. I mean it works but the TC is a PITA and the 510 connector is of questionable quality. If I had a do over, I would definitely not buy it. It's bad enough that I won't buy any more Wismec products for sure.

Sent from my walkie talkie using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: BillW50

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
O.k. people I need some help with my RX200 that came in today. I have my vengeance RDA which I have been using without issues on one of my other TC mods but for some reason it is not working on my RX. I have a 0.17 316L SS build (2.5 I.d) on the mod I was using it on I had it set to 490 F 60 watt with TCR at 92. Same settings on the new RX but every time I fire it is punching the wattage to 250 and staying there and I wind up coughing my ... off. I can not get the wattage to go down to my normal setting for this coil and 250 watts is way too hot for me and my cotton. Need some help please it would be very appreciated.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Yea I know that the problem is I DO set the wattage where I want it which is 60 the problem is when I hit the fire button it punches 250 and stays there. I again change and set it to 60 watts hit the fire button and again it fires at 250??? I am pulling my hair out with this thing. My other two do not act like this at all.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
No it stayed in SS TC mode never went out of it. I do not know what the heck is going on with this one but if I have to jump thru hoops to send it back to FT I will be ....... I have been messing with it all day and it does not matter what TC topper I put on it just shoots right to 250 watts on TC mode and it is pissing me off at the moment. I ordered this one (black/red) to use with a new RDTA I have coming and now it looks like the new tank has no home yet.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Unfortunately Daniel can't measure worth a darn. Or he measured pre-production models. Every Reuleaux 510 pin travel I ever measured was 3.9mm to 4.6mm. Even Wismec says 4.6mm.
I kinda wonder if there is they use diff vendors for their 510 connectors and have more variance. I have 2 RX200 and one RX200S. I've had my first RX200 since early December and have not had issues with any of my toppers. I got an RX200S and blk/red RX200, only about a week apart, a couple months ago. The RX200S is like my original RX200, haven't had issues with any of my toppers, but the blk/red RX200 seems a bit more shallow and either have to crank a bit tighter or have a slight gap on a couple of my toppers.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I have been eyeing this for a desktop mod so read the last page or two of this thread to try and sway my decision.... still undecided. Since I just ordered pico #4 (brushed) and #5 (all black) I probably won't be grabbing one at least until after those arrive.

^^Regarding that gap: I saw it mentioned in a youtube review by someone.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I kinda wonder if there is they use diff vendors for their 510 connectors and have more variance. I have 2 RX200 and one RX200S. I've had my first RX200 since early December and have not had issues with any of my toppers. I got an RX200S and blk/red RX200, only about a week apart, a couple months ago. The RX200S is like my original RX200, haven't had issues with any of my toppers, but the blk/red RX200 seems a bit more shallow and either have to crank a bit tighter or have a slight gap on a couple of my toppers.

Cranking your tanks down too tight to make them fit snug will eventually cause the 510 connector to fail. When that happens it's not covered by warranty.

I swapped out the 510 on mine. The ones that come in it are unbelievably cheap and unbelievably shallow. The 510 itself is only 3.2mm tall and Wismec is relying on the body of the mod and that raised ring to hit the claimed 4.5mm in depth. And there is less than 1mm of travel in the pin. I didn't have a single tank that would fit flush on mine, so I finally gave up, pulled the thing apart, and installed a Fat Daddy Vapes 510 in it instead. Now every tank fits nice and flush and I never have any errors, problems reading the atty, resistance changes, or spontaneous misfires while the mod asks me if I installed a new atomizer 5 seconds after I just used it.

I love the form factor but don't think I'll ever buy another because of the cheap 510 and problems it causes.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Cranking your tanks down too tight to make them fit snug will eventually cause the 510 connector to fail. When that happens it's not covered by warranty.

I swapped out the 510 on mine. The ones that come in it are unbelievably cheap and unbelievably shallow. The 510 itself is only 3.2mm tall and Wismec is relying on the body of the mod and that raised ring to hit the claimed 4.5mm in depth. And there is less than 1mm of travel in the pin. I didn't have a single tank that would fit flush on mine, so I finally gave up, pulled the thing apart, and installed a Fat Daddy Vapes 510 in it instead. Now every tank fits nice and flush and I never have any errors, problems reading the atty, resistance changes, or spontaneous misfires while the mod asks me if I installed a new atomizer 5 seconds after I just used it.

I love the form factor but don't think I'll ever buy another because of the cheap 510 and problems it causes.
I have two Reuleaux DNA 200 and two RX200. I never had a problem with the 510 on them (except most things don't sit flush). But I bought a bunch of those mod savers from KidneyPuncher and everything has been fine ever since.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas

It was just the blk/red RX200 that needed the extra cranking with certain toppers, but now I don't use anything on it that doesn't go on easily. The other two don't have that problem at all and don't need any extra force, which lead me to wonder about different vendors being used for their 510 connections. If I have to crank it or if it won't sit flush, I just use that tank on a different mod, so I don't risk damaging the connector.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Unfortunately Daniel can't measure worth a darn. Or he measured pre-production models. Every Reuleaux 510 pin travel I ever measured was 3.9mm to 4.6mm. Even Wismec says 4.6mm.

3.9mm of pin travel?

I'm not sure you know what pin travel is. It's how far up and down the pin moves. And I can assure you that there is no possible way for the Reuleaux to have even 1mm of pin travel. The entire connector is only 3mm tall. They rely on the body with it's raised ring to hit their mythical 3.9mm depth.

Here, let me show you something....

510.jpg

There is the 510 connector in your RX200. See that screw to the right? Open your mod, remove the batteries, and unscrew one of the center screws from the battery sled. That's the screw you see in the picture. See how tiny that screw is? Now you've got an idea how small that 510 connector really is. And the pin inside of it only moves about .5-.7mm.

Also you'll notice that the 510 isn't actually held in place by anything. It's slid into place in tiny rails built into the body of the mod and is then held there by the back of the battery sled. Remove the battery sled and it slides right out. That of course also means that it can be wiggled around if your topper doesn't sit flush.

That is by far the cheapest and crappiest 510 connector I have ever seen.

20160708_1348091.jpg

That's mine. That works SO much better and eliminates every problem that the RX200 510 connector causes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread