hello everyone! having some bad luck with tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austen876

Nov 23, 2011
East Texas
hey, ive been vaping for a few months and a few weeks ago i got my 1st mod. the megalodon. the thing is awesome! however i got a Jtank from electronicstix.com and a acorn tank from parkesvaping. with the j tank, every time ive tried to smoke it, it just taste like burnt....crap. i bought the pre punched cartos from the same site and ive gone through 3 of them. ive pre filled and everything, it seems to me like the liquid isnt soaking into the carto through the holes...ive let it set for a couple days, tried hi and low voltage batteries...just cant seem to get it to work correctly. with the acorn tank, it just seems like its not wicking fast enough and after a few delicious hits, it starts to taste burnt. could anyone tell me what im doing wrong or maybe suggest a tank that would better or suit me...or both!

Thanks for your help:)

Happy vaping!

Direwolf

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
O'Fallon, MO
If it uses a Boge Carto, there have been reports of the QC being poor lately on those. The only thing I can suggest is to keep trying a new carto until you get one that works.

As far as the Acor tank, it uses a CE2 if I am not mistaken. These are know to have wicking issues. They are trying to feed juice against gravity. When you start getting a burnt taste, try turning the tank upside down for about a count of 3. Then try it again. That should rewick the juice......

snails1023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
Well here's my 2 cents about the tanks I currently use a tank with one pre punched hole on dual coil carto's. When I first started with tanks the big thing was to have two holes one on each side, I would flood the carto after just a few hits. Then I asked for just one hole and that seems to work for me. Alot of times I take a primer hit (without pushing the button) first to suck in more juice first then taking a hit. I just tried the new smoketech carto's with the micro hole. I threw them out the hole was just to small for a heavy hitting person. I would try to take some primers hits first and see what happens.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
It sounds like the cartos are not being filled fully the first time- very important
or
the juice is too thick with VG to properly wick through the holes into the stuffing. You can try adding some PG or adding some distilled water or PGA to thin it out
Try this for filling cartomizers:

Next go to Walmart and purchase an Oral Med Dispenser ($2.00) and use the Dispenser with some string attached to Taryn Spin the carto. The cone that comes with the dispenser fits perfectly over a carto:

Good Luck, Vapoor.

heckmonkey

Dec 7, 2011
Dallas
First add 4 or 5 drops to the tip side of the carto, and blow out the bottom. Then add 3 dropps to the screw side in the hole of the carto and blow out towards the tip then turn over and blow towards the screw side where you filled. Add a few more drops to the tip side and blow out the screw, then do the thread side with 3 more drops blow towards tip, then blow out of tip to clear it all out. This then should have your carto fully ready to be smoked. Thats how I was shown at the vaporesence store here in Dallas. Never had another carto burn since. And nothing taste worse than a carto burning! If this wasnt for carto's then sorry for posting. I have a 6 volt with a 3ml tank from vaporesence.

heckmonkey

Dec 7, 2011
Dallas
Oh and flooding carto's is usually a result of a not properly seated carto. I thought forever that my gurgling was caused by leaking fluid from the carto itself. Or that the fluid was thinned out and leaking. Took it back to Vaporesence, and the guy showed me how the inner rings after a few botched carto replacements can cause air to leak into the tank! I assured him this couldnt be the case, and he replaced my inner o rings and presto! Never a problem again! Inner o rings just need to be replaced ever now and again. With punched hole carto's you really dont run into the issue of o ring damage, however you can have a leak cause the inner o rings dont seal properly cause of the bends in the carto caused by punching holes. Anyway, that is when I learned about the adding fluid to my carto, first tip, then screw side, then tip, then screw side! Never a burn

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I don't know but to me it seems like a quality control issues with the cartos if the polyfill is rapped to loose it over wicks if it to tight it's under wicks I use mostly 100% vg and it seems to me it really doesn't matter how many holes or how big or how small the holes are some cartos work well and others don't I seem to have more issue with the smoktech cartos probably 1 out of every 3 seem to over wick no matter how small the hole is and that's with 100% vg juice not thinned

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I've been using v4l 808 cool carts and ikenvape 801 fusion 2.5 ohm cartos, happy with both. I slot them myself, with a dremel, about 1/3" up from the bottom, so the slot is just a little way into the main tank body. I use them with a notcigs M1A1 tank.

I prime the cartos just a bit. I do blow through the drip tip after I've filled/refilled, to clear any excess eliquid that gets into the center tube.

I'll run 3 - 4 days, 22 - 24 ml of eliquid between carto changes.

My eliquid is about 30%VG, couple % PGA, moderately thin but not terribly. Zero leak issues.

lesleyh

Jun 7, 2011
york england
I never had any joy with tanks they always were gurgly or even worse they leaked. I recently however bought the cheap tanks from Madvapes with their pre punched HV dual coil cartos with the little skirt things at the bottom. They work great!! No leaking no gurgling and they are solid on my PV. I also got the little chibi tank from Parkes and whilst I find it a faff to fill it up when full it too works great. The difficult filling though makes the Madvapes tank favourite. It was only about $11 I could not believe that the tank I had paid the least for worked the best. You will love it

Austen876

Nov 23, 2011
East Texas
well the acorn tank has turned out to be a success. its a cheap tank and i have to fix it a bit to make it work but it hits like a dream now! as far as the j tank goes...i guess ill just keep trying but as of now...not my fav. think a may pick up one of the ones from madvapes as mentioned above or maybe one of the tanks from notcigs.com i hear those are easy. i seem to like the v2 cartos more as you get a cleaner taste and the big plus is you dont have to worry so much about burning the filler up and if the holes in the cartos are big enough. thanks again for all your helps folks! see yall alround!

Austen876

Nov 23, 2011
East Texas
update: also go a chibi tank from parkesvaping.com AND i love this lil guy! haha it works really well, actually the best carto tank ive used to date, only problem is its a pain in the ... to fill. i dont have a syringe so i pull out the top rubber piece and fill it up and put the rubber piece back on and the it leaks pretty bad. but only for a few...then its good to go, im sure the leaking is from user operation. I just ordered a couple DC tanks from madvapes and i cant wait to see how they perform, ill update yall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread