Hello friends of old, I have been lurking and might be in need of some assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
It has been quite a while since I was actively posting around these parts. I've been out of the loop, so to speak, content upon using my usual ProVari loaded with my usual Boba's Bounty. Which, of course, is still just excellent. However, I've been a little curious to see what new flavors and innovations that may have been introduced while I was in limbo.

Some of you may know me, most may not. Though I have been vaping all vg for the last year, I am thinking of retrying a mixed blend again. Mostly so that if it does indeed work out for me, I can finally utilize my carto tank that has, much to my regret, been collecting dust.

So, onto the business at hand, shall we?

I am curious to learn of any new carto innovations: Has there been any perfected ce2s? Any other filler-less carto introduced that actually work, without or with minimal issues?

(I know this next part should be a part of General e-liquid Discussion, but, I figured I'd just add it here instead of adding a completely new thread. If this is an issue, I apologize.)

Being that Boba's Bounty is my absolute favorite juice of all time, can anyone recommend another flavored tobacco (vendor)? It, of course, doesn't have to mimick the flavor.

At any rate, just looking to see if there is anything new and exciting going on. Please, spare me the "Use the search box" response. The ECF has done nothing but grown since my departure, and finding information is a great deal harder than it should be, even with all of the sub-categories and what not. I'm just looking for a heads up.

Thanks in advance for any contribution!

As always, much love,

Levitas

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
I came back after a bit of a lapse similar to you. I won't say use the search box. However, I got better, more current info by scanning back a few pages on individual forum index pages. That is, scanning for relevant post topics.

I vape 50/50 so not going to have much advice on 100% VG. Although I did try an all VG sample in a Vision clearo that seemed to work ok. Which would suggest the Vivi tanks I'm using now would probably handle it ok. Maybe with some minor modding like fraying the wicks out some.

I don't understand why your tank/carto setup is collecting dust. I recently won one and had to take a crash course on using them. I ended up following the direction in this video to slot the carto.

I'm not watching it again, but I think he's using your favorite juice in the demo. In my case, I decided against punching over concerns of distorting the shape of the tube, which would compromise the o-ring seals in the tank I have. It was less hassle to dig out the dremel than fabricating a guide and setting up the drill press. The consensus among the posts I've read suggests the larger holes created by slotting tends to flow better. Obviously a favorable attribute for using 100% VG liquids. I slotted my first one three days ago (Boge 2.0Ω) and have run 4-5 tanks of 50/50 through it with no issues. The only flooding has been user error - overfilling, which forces excess juice into the carto when pushing the cap down on the tank. The first time I did that it was a nice mess. I've now perfected fills to where the only flooding is a slight gurgle when starting a fresh tank. After about 5 min of use it clears and works perfectly until the tank is dry.

Sorry can't help you on juices - I'm not a fan of tobacco flavors and wouldn't have anything of value to add. I recall there being some recent threads on those flavors in the liquid forum. Good luck on your search.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Welcome back! Rebuildables and replaceables are popular right mow. I'm using the vivi nova 2.5. It's a filterless, wick style carto/clear from madvapes. I really like it.

Thank you, Donnah.

I am on the site checking it out now. The price is certainly right.

So, the base is a solid piece, and the replaceable element screws on the top of the built-in post?

Interesting tank, for sure. But how does it function? I notice that you enjoy it. Would you mind, (or anyone else that uses them), elaborating what you like or dislike about it? What juice you use (vg/pg blend)? What device you use it on?

I really appreciate it!

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I don't understand why your tank/carto setup is collecting dust. I recently won one and had to take a crash course on using them. I ended up following the direction in this video to slot the carto.

Hey Red,

To be honest, I was punching my cartos and every once in a while, I could get the carto to wick properly, and man, that was one of the best vapes I've ever had, truly. Unfortunately, it's short lived. With the juice that I use, all vg, the carto really only works at optimal function for a couple of days, tops. And getting another carto to wick as well is a headache.

I have tried many methods. Making the hole larger. Pre-soaking the carto. Diluting the juice (never again)! Multiple holes. Dry hitting the hello kitty out of it before use. And in the end, my efforts were in vain.

So, I just went back to dripping. Which is fine, with a drip shield. But then one day, I awoke and remembered that perfect vape. I decided to buckle down and possibly try a different tobacco flavored juice (blend, rather than only vg). Just so I can get some use out of a tank or two.

So here I am.

As for slotting the carto, is it something I've yet to try. I guess if all else fails, I could go get a dremel and try it out. What else do I have to lose?

Thanks for the heads up.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
I slotted mine just like the video (two slots), except I dressed up the cuts with some fine emory cloth before assembly. I'm using 50/50 juice and it's on the Siam Cube mod (18650 mechanical) I won with the tank. I don't like the additional fiddle factor and mess of the tank, but it makes up for it being totally consistent once you get it together. One of these days when the tank gets empty, I'm going to screw the tank on my Provari and crank it up a few tenths to see how that works out.

I'm liking the Vivi tanks with the 2.8Ω heads at 4.3-4.5V on the Provari. IMO it's a warmer, more consistent vape than the lower resistance heads at lower voltage. Nearly zero fiddle factor and no leaks after a couple of weeks. I tried a mini Vivi on my 650 mAh eGo usb battery to carry in my pocket and that works adequately. I'll be ordering a 1.8Ω version to see if that works better.

FWIW any time I've tried a 100% VG juice I've had to avoid chain-vaping it due to wicking slowness. Back when I first started I went through a mega-eGo-carto phase, thinking that was the magic bullet for vaping on business travel. I went so far as to order two of my favorite juices in all PG and VG to trial different blends for vapor quality and potential leaking. Those things never did work that reliably and I got tired of my desk looking like a junkie lab. What I did learn was that the difference between all VG and the blends, or even straight PG was that it didn't wick that much slower. In other words, if your juice feeder wicks badly on 100% VG, a blend will only make it wick a little less badly.

Moral of the story: I don't think a blend will solve your problem.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Being that Boba's Bounty is my absolute favorite juice of all time, can anyone recommend another flavored tobacco (vendor)? It, of course, doesn't have to mimick the flavor.

If you like Bobas you might try Swagger from Pink Spot Vapors. It's REALLY good. It's not like Bobas, but belongs to the same general family (to me).

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
So, a blend of say, 65vg 35pg will wick similar to that of an all vg juice?

Marginally better. My point is that it's not a real problem solver. At least it wasn't for me.

My experience is that it makes a bad juice delivery system a little less bad, but doesn't magically make it great. Hope that makes sense.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
Hello, stranger. Is your avatar Raistlin Majere? Epic, just had a nostalgic geekgasm.

Can't personally comment on any of these fancy rebuildable tanks since i use a standard inexpensive carto tank, myself. But for new juices to try, you can go to EC Blends and for a paltry $2.50 for 5mls try some of their tobacco juice. They're fully customizable so you can try a few different PG/VG ratios until you find your comfort zone. I've become a particular van of the RY4, though it did have to sit for a week or two to fully mature.

Traditional Flavors - ECBlend

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Thank you, Donnah.

I am on the site checking it out now. The price is certainly right.

So, the base is a solid piece, and the replaceable element screws on the top of the built-in post?

Interesting tank, for sure. But how does it function? I notice that you enjoy it. Would you mind, (or anyone else that uses them), elaborating what you like or dislike about it? What juice you use (vg/pg blend)? What device you use it on?

I really appreciate it!

I use the vivi nova, tho I recoil the heads myself and use 100% cotton thread. I have recently started vaping a 30/70 pg/vg mix (had been using 70/30 and it had too much th for my tastes). It has been wicking wonderfully with my setup. Only downside I have had with the vivi nova is like many will tell you it can mute the flavor on weaker flavor juices, such as a melon juice I have. Tho even that is less of an issue with the cotton wicks.

dejavoodoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
denver

A Couple of really nice tobacco suggestions for you:

Frisco (hazelnut) from the Vapor Station

and

Grand Prairie from VapeDudes.

Vapedudes allows you to specify your pg/vg ratio with a wide variety of selections. We usually go 50/50 with them (their house blend) and get an extra shot of flavor.

Both of these are must haves at our house.

Let us know what you decide on and how you like it!

deja

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Check out the Stardusts. They have downsides; more expensive than your standard clearo, mute the flavor a tad, and need cleaning more frequently. But the plus side? Vapes pretty well, and so easy to fill! Just unscrew and pour in your liquid.

EDIT: Oh and if you do go with the Stardust, I found a little cleaning trick since they're really really hard to take apart, I can't do it. There's a little silicone gasket that sits in the center, take a paper clip, insert it in, and pull the whole thing out. Then you can just dry burn to clean like a normal clearo. Don't worry, it'll go back in fine.

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
If you like Bobas you might try Swagger from Pink Spot Vapors. It's REALLY good. It's not like Bobas, but belongs to the same general family (to me).

How might you describe the said flavor? I didn't realize that Pink spot made tobacco flavors. They're pretty expensive, no? I'll check it out, thanks!

Marginally better. My point is that it's not a real problem solver. At least it wasn't for me.

My experience is that it makes a bad juice delivery system a little less bad, but doesn't magically make it great. Hope that makes sense.

Ah, I see your point. Well, I am still on the journey of discovery. Worst come to worst, I can still enjoy straight dripping. Thanks again, Red!

Hello, stranger. Is your avatar Raistlin Majere? Epic, just had a nostalgic geekgasm.

Can't personally comment on any of these fancy rebuildable tanks since i use a standard inexpensive carto tank, myself. But for new juices to try, you can go to EC Blends and for a paltry $2.50 for 5mls try some of their tobacco juice. They're fully customizable so you can try a few different PG/VG ratios until you find your comfort zone. I've become a particular van of the RY4, though it did have to sit for a week or two to fully mature.

Traditional Flavors - ECBlend

Why yes, yes it is Raistlin Majere :D I gave my son Raistlin as a middle name, how's that for a geekgasim? ;)

Thank you for the juice vendor recommendation. Never really been much of a RY4 kind of guy, and I've tried many... probably too many. Thanks for the heads up though!

I use the vivi nova, tho I recoil the heads myself and use 100% cotton thread. I have recently started vaping a 30/70 pg/vg mix (had been using 70/30 and it had too much th for my tastes). It has been wicking wonderfully with my setup. Only downside I have had with the vivi nova is like many will tell you it can mute the flavor on weaker flavor juices, such as a melon juice I have. Tho even that is less of an issue with the cotton wicks.

Ah, mute flavor, huh? That's not too good. I am still considering the tank, as it is cheap enough for me not to regret the purchase if it doesn't work out. Thanks for the additional advice though!

A Couple of really nice tobacco suggestions for you:

Frisco (hazelnut) from the Vapor Station

and

Grand Prairie from VapeDudes.

Vapedudes allows you to specify your pg/vg ratio with a wide variety of selections. We usually go 50/50 with them (their house blend) and get an extra shot of flavor.

Both of these are must haves at our house.

Let us know what you decide on and how you like it!

deja

Thank you for the suggestions! I don't know so much about the hazelnut tobacco. As much as I actually enjoy hazlenut, I find that when vaping it, it gets really old, fast. I'll check out vapedudes and see if there is anything there that sparks an interest. Thanks again.

Check out the Stardusts. They have downsides; more expensive than your standard clearo, mute the flavor a tad, and need cleaning more frequently. But the plus side? Vapes pretty well, and so easy to fill! Just unscrew and pour in your liquid.

EDIT: Oh and if you do go with the Stardust, I found a little cleaning trick since they're really really hard to take apart, I can't do it. There's a little silicone gasket that sits in the center, take a paper clip, insert it in, and pull the whole thing out. Then you can just dry burn to clean like a normal clearo. Don't worry, it'll go back in fine.

I've seen these. Aren't they built to fit on an eGo? I use a ProVari. Would it even be possible to use one with out stacking 510 connectors?

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
How might you describe the said flavor? I didn't realize that Pink spot made tobacco flavors. They're pretty expensive, no? I'll check it out, thanks!

That's tough. It's one of those complex juices. There's just a hint of tobacco in the background (which is how I like it), it's kind of a smooth pipe tobacco flavor. Sometimes I get a hint of vanilla cappuccinohttps://www.google.com/search?hl=en...Tgi4G4Bg&ved=0CEgQvwUoAQ&q=cappuccino&spell=1, and there's caramel, and hazelnut I think, and sometimes I even think I faintly taste chocolate. The flavors really seem to mix so well together it's hard to tell what I'm tasting. It's really stout out of the box, so if you get some, plan on steeping it a little, but 3 or 4 days, or maybe a week is plenty, it doesn't need a month.

Yes, Pink Spot is pretty expensive. I don't like paying that much for juice, but I REALLY love the stuff. I'll probably get the big jug size (120 ml) next time so it will be cheaper (and yet still expensive :)). I don't vape it all day either so that helps.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
It sounds interesting, for sure. The hazelnut and cappuccino is turning me off slightly, but, if they're not dominant, I might still try some.

The purpose of this entire thread is to figure out how exactly I can get into using tanks again, with or without using a new juice, if necessary. And, of course, learning of new innovations at the same time.

I'm thinking of putting a small order into the vapedudes and maybe even ecblend (pricing is fantastic there, if they taste good enough to vape, it could work out great). And, I am also thinking of trying the nova tank as well. As for the pinkspot, I might be feeling zesty and throw down some more dollars to try a flavor or two, or, if I feel like my usual conservative self, I might have to hold off until money is a little better.

That's what I have thus far. I am interested to hear of any other suggestions. Is there not some new 'rave' tobacco flavor going around that everyone simply must try?

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Have you tried Gorilla Juice (Boba's little brother)?

Oh yes. I've had almost every flavor offered at Alien Visions.

They're currently in limbo, moving to a new location. So, no orders from them for a couple of weeks. My decreasing quantity of Boba's, along with my desire to re-try tank systems out, have me venturing to new flavors and vendors.

I guess I should have mentioned it in the OP, but, I've tried well over 150 flavors in my short tenure of vaping. Thus why I ask if there were any new 'crazes' going around, or vendors that I may have not tried yet.

And no worries. I am quite aware of my mileage varying from everyone else. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread