Hello/Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gheebee

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2011
North America
I’ve been reading this site for months so I figured it was time to join and say hi and give a little introduction.
Hello everyone. The first time I tried a PV it was a Blu that I bought after my brother told me about them and how the FDA was supposedly trying to stop people from importing PVs despite the fact that they were causing a considerable number of people to stop smoking; Blu was in stock, looked cool, and I didn’t want to miss out on trying them. To make a long story short I wasn’t impressed and stopped using it after maybe a week, no big deal because I’d pretty much just bought it as a novelty. About a year later I decided that I wanted to severely cut back on smoking so I did some reading, mostly here, and bought a DSE801 and with that got into vaping. It didn’t take long for the 801 to start replacing cigarettes, even more so after I got a passthrough. Finally I bought a Provari and have been trying different atomizers and cartomizers on it but I’ve pretty much settled on the MAP Tank for a continuous feed of juice and 801s with an adapter for dripping. The ever popular 510 is nice but to me it’s a close second to the 801. It’s been almost a month (maybe 26 days) since I last smoked but prior to my last cigarette it had been a few weeks since the previous.
There is only one thing I really don’t like about PVs and that’s how they ruin regular cigarettes. I had no intentions of quitting completely (and still kind of don’t…), I just wanted to only smoke occasionally for a week or weekend and then go months with just vaping, but the last few times I smoked I found it wasn’t as satisfying and the negative effects of it seemed more obvious. I suppose it’s not a bad trade off and it’s something I can live with, especially considering the supposed benefits, enjoyability, and the fact that the cigarettes I like, Davidoff Classic (or Davidoff Magnums, which are even better, if anyone I know happens to be going to Switzerland and wants to bring me back a carton…), seem to just get harder and harder to get around here anyway.

Riggs-

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Omaha, Nebraska
I was in kind of the same situation as you. I bought a blu for the "cool effect" but quickly figured out that it was crap after finding ECF. I then got an eGo, but started smoking a few months later again because I ended up breaking one battery because the button got stuck down, and then destroyed an atty and a cart in my pocket, I had a minor burn on my leg from it being turned on too long.

I recently came back, and bought a provari, but didn't really plan on quitting smoking entirely, but I've been without a smoke for a week now. Now that I can smell the smoke, it smells bad. One thing I did notice is that if I do smoke, my sinuses plug up almost instantly. I never noticed this before, because they were always plugged up. I really don't have any desire to smoke analogs again, as long as I can keep up with having liquid and charged batteries :p

Happy vaping,
Riggs-

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I started vaping with no intention of quitting smoking too. I ended up going months without an analog at first. Then I started smoking an analog here and there socially. Except for a very stressful period a few months back (left my wife) I've been able to stick to that and that's just fine by me. I'm not going to sweat a few analogs a month compared to the PAD I used to smoke.

Welcome to ECF!

gheebee

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2011
North America
Thanks, everyone.

Check out the low bridge models that are compatible with the 801. The 302, RN4072 and BE112 atomizers are really great and work just fine on 801 connections and for dripping at higher voltages.

Someday I hope to try them all!

Welcome!

I'm sorry if the vaping community has ruined tobacco for you. We hang our heads in shame.

There should be some kind of warning! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread