Hello + questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinNationStation

May 24, 2018
Hey im a new member this is my first post, and a rda/rta rookie.

Heres the questions,

I have a smok stick AIO and it was working fine for 2 months until I bought the .23 ohm coils for it, it worked fine the first day. The second day it seemed to charge too quickly but, I was ok with that. Now it dies on me after a couple puffs like literally 5-7 drags, and flashes the light, until I charge it again.

I think thats scary because the battery used to last me a half a day. So if its dying so quickly then it must be over charging or undercharging im not sure, the light always switches off before its taken off the charger infact it uses the same charger as my eleaf I just 2 and the eleaf works fine. I thought it was a coil issue but i have already swapped out 3 of them about to be 4 out of 5.

What should I do buy more coils and just see if those were just a bad bunch or just get a new vape? Been looking at the voopoo drag along with some rta or rda but im kind of confused on the rta/rda's can they take any ohm coil build aslong as the box mod can see it (like how voopoo drag is 0.05ohm to 3.0 ohm) or does it have its own regulation to go by?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Im not totally sold on the mod not coils thing though i am not familiar with the particular device and i may be simply wrong here.

what ohm were the old coils? .23ohm coils require a lot of watts. its possible your mod is only just barely able to provide them at all and only when the mod is fully charged. Assuming your old coils were significantly higher ohm, you might try using one of the old coils and see if it still has a power issue. If yes, then your mod simply cant handle the .23ohm coil.

And welcome to the forum btw :)

VapinNationStation

May 24, 2018
Thanks everyone. And its just a little all in one kit so its probably the battery something might've come loose in there as it usually sits in the cupholder of the truck. Stick AIO - SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience! is the device thats having issues. The coils were smok stick aio .23 ohm coils. Ive tried 4 and it didnt seem to make a difference. Im just gonna toss it and buy a different device.

Thanks again!

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Im not totally sold on the mod not coils thing though i am not familiar with the particular device and i may be simply wrong here.

what ohm were the old coils? .23ohm coils require a lot of watts. its possible your mod is only just barely able to provide them at all and only when the mod is fully charged. Assuming your old coils were significantly higher ohm, you might try using one of the old coils and see if it still has a power issue. If yes, then your mod simply cant handle the .23ohm coil.

And welcome to the forum btw :)
Just read a little about the smokstick v8, apparently it is unregulated.
Oh maybe that's not the same device...

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The aio is being sold as direct output, output based on battery charge. That's like an ego, right?
So it has over charge and short protection then? I suppose that’s not so bad. Sounded like you were talking about a full on LiPo mech there. *shudder*

The low resistance atomizer theory is not necessarily discounted by it being that type of battery. It does imply the battery is getting old though and may need replacing purely on that basis. A battery shouldn’t wear out in just two months though... ok. I think I’m on board with bad mod.

VapinNationStation

May 24, 2018
Just to be clear: the first coil you used was also one of the .23? If so I'm back to pointing at the device, if it was higher resistance @bombastinator could be on to something.
Yea I used the same coil the first time. 2 came with the kit, i bought a pack of 5 that worked great, and just bought another and then this happend lol

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sorry...

:(:cry::facepalm:
But..... That means it's time to UPGRADE!!!
:rolleyes::D:headbang::thumbs::bday:
:rickroll:
I concur. Might want to pick something other than smok this time around though. That thing shouldn’t have died in a mere 2 months. Smok is somewhat famous for questionable QC. They’re sort of the huffy bicycle of ecigs.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hahaha yea kinda a dissapointment but im gonna go with voopoo drag box mod hear alot about how good the ramp up is along with an rda, read around earlier and people say rda are the go to before rta's makes it easier to learn. Do rda's ohms only matter for the box mod? anywhere from 0.05 to 3.0 ohms?
Ohms always matter to some degree at least but they matter a lot more for mech mods. I personally would avoid a mech in your situation. The voodoo drag is a dual battery VW mod though so if you buy that ohms should matter very close to not at all.

VapinNationStation

May 24, 2018
Ohms always matter to some degree at least but they matter a lot more for mech mods. I personally would avoid a mech in your situation. The voodoo drag is a dual battery VW mod though so if you buy that ohms should matter very close to not at all.
alrighty right on im going to order it.

Thanks everyone for helping you might have just saved a face and some teeth loll. The news had some horrible stories for awhile.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
alrighty right on im going to order it.

Thanks everyone for helping you might have just saved a face and some teeth loll. The news had some horrible stories for awhile.
So. Here's the real saver. If you are about to learn to build you got a lotta research to do. Definitely learn about battery safety and output ratings. You have to know more for mech mods to be safe but battery output is very important even for regulated mods. And start simple. Learn what you like and how it works and WHY it works before going all in. Good luck.

VapinNationStation

May 24, 2018
So. Here's the real saver. If you are about to learn to build you got a lotta research to do. Definitely learn about battery safety and output ratings. You have to know more for mech mods to be safe but battery output is very important even for regulated mods. And start simple. Learn what you like and how it works and WHY it works before going all in. Good luck.
Does the wire matter in a rda? Is it allowed kanthal or ss? Im going to buy the coil master v3 kit and stay within 0.05 ohms and 3.0 ohms oh and use 24-26ga. along with a samsung inr 25r r5 from illumn because they dont rewrap. and if the mod has 2 batteries then those batteriess are then paired for life. I already have a efest luc v4 charger i bought when i had kanger subbox mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread