Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorlod

Oct 29, 2018
To be honest, I came here with a problem. I haven't used my eGo AIO Box for some time and I think the juice I left in there got sticky on the screw. Now I can't open it (I know about the child proof mechanism). I tried with paper towel, with pliers, but nothing helps. Is there any other way I can open it, other than brute force?
Thank you, and sorry if this is not the place to post this kind of posts.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
You can buy those net like sink protectors in places like ASDA/Walmart.

Cut a strip off of one and use it over the jaws of any tool you use after you take the thing out of the freezer ( I use a plumbers wrench ) - that has worked for me on the odd occasions I've forgotten to empty a tank before going off to Spain for six months

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Gorlod. I'll third the freezer thing, and as far as wrapping that weasel I usually use just a rubber band. That provides more grip but if not enough leverage, pliers are used on top of that rubber band..

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Izan

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2009
    Nor'Eastern PA
    mjHJuAF.png

FLICK

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2009
    Australia
    Not familiar with ego aio, but if you leave it in the fridge or freezer for sometime metal parts shrink a bit and become easier to unscrew. Give it a try before trying more forceful measures.

and if that doesn't work try dunking it upside down in a cup of boiling water for a couple of minutes, only submerge that top nut part though, then pull it out and try to loosen it, push down and turn I believe:
    joyetech_ego_aio_box_starter_kit.jpg

Reactions: bombastinator

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    To be honest, I came here with a problem. I haven't used my eGo AIO Box for some time and I think the juice I left in there got sticky on the screw. Now I can't open it (I know about the child proof mechanism). I tried with paper towel, with pliers, but nothing helps. Is there any other way I can open it, other than brute force?
    Thank you, and sorry if this is not the place to post this kind of posts.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Might want to wear thick rubber dishwashing type latex gloves while trying to disengage, it helps. and can't hurt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread