The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

HelloTech 016's (like eGo but 1200mah batt)

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by opyrus, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. x0rsw1tch

x0rsw1tch Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kent, OH
    I agree there.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with my 016 though. I am down to 1 out of 3 batteries. 1 battery was DOA, which MV replaced. That replacement left a nice burn blister on my hand after it detroyed itself in my pocket - ironically enough not more than 30 seconds after telling my friend how much I loved my 016.

So I'm down to 1 battery, neither charger works properly, the coating is flaking off, and I am ready to get an eGo kit after this.

I'm considering sending everything back and requesting a refund.

2. boz

boz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    I bought a kit for the Mrs. And she loves it. I bought a second battery once they were available and now she can vape all day and night with the two batteries. I'm a HV man myself but I have to say that having tested it, it is a damn fine unit that vapes really well.

I'd be happy to recommend this unit to any newbie as their first unit. Much better than the standard slim battery starter kits at about the same price. The battery charge lasts for ages and my wife loves the size and elegance of the unit. All in all it's a winner as a starter unit or for someone that wants a small unit that has good battery life.

3. 7thCabal

7thCabal Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2010
    808state
    Actually lost one... one went in the clothes dryer... & a couple of days ago the 3rd one went pffhhht a couple've hrs off the charger!!!:facepalm:

So I opened a ticket with MV about the 3rd batt... haven't heard from anyone yet. So I'm getting by with a couple of ego batts & LR atties @TM.:facepalm:

4. LUVMY901

LUVMY901 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Ordered a Hello 016 cartomizer kit Wednesday morning and received it Friday morning, is that fast or what?

I first screwed on a cartomizer took a few puffs and worked great, then decided I better put a full charge on it.
    Put it on the charger and checked it a half hour later and it was fully charged, so I guess it was fully charged when it shipped. Anyway, I've went through 4 or 5 cartomizers and after 14+ hours it's still going strong.

Looking forward to a long and vapor-full relationship with my HELLO 16.

Thanks Mark, always a great experience buying from MAD VAPES.

5. needtoknow

needtoknow Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2010
    TN
    You got the one I was going to order, I put that one in my cart and then had to step away for a few mins and when I came back to complete and send my order it was gone:( you must have stole it out of my shopping cart, that's not nice. Well I am glad MY unit is working good for you. Now I have to wait till he get's more in:facepalm:

Happy vaping and take care of my PV

6. LUVMY901

May 13, 2009
    ARIZONA

You're close, but it wasn't me, there were 2 left when I ordered.
    I would never take a mans last cigarette...I mean e-cigarette.:)

I ordered around 5:15 AM AZ time, find the person that ordered after that and he's all yours.

Anyway, they put together some more kits, you better hurry, there's only 48 left.:pop:

7. needtoknow

Jan 8, 2010
    TN
    I got a couple of other things I needed more right now, I will have to wait a couple of weeks and want to get the carto one they have, I sure hope he sets one aside for me, I did notice that one does not come with a ac adapter, can I buy the acusb one for a couple of bucks and use it with that usb charger?

8. LUVMY901

May 13, 2009
    ARIZONA
    The Carto kit don't come with the AC adapter.:(
    You will need one of these.
    AC to USB Charger AdapterItem Id: ACUSB
    AC to USB Charger Adapter#

Not sure if this one will work, but I would try it, the 2amp one cost quite a bit more and is more for 5v passthroughs.
    I have a 1amp AC adapter and use a 4way USB hub/splitter for a few USB chargers.
    If you have any cell phones or MP3 players or something that has a USB output, you can use one of them if it a high enough amp rating.
    If you have a powered USB hub, you can use that.
    And of course you can use your computer.

Hope this helps.

9. Aras

Aras Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    wow... really?
    My charger works fine usb style. Wall adapter sux. I have 2 batts and they are both great. I carry them loose in my pocket or in a sunglass case all day at work. I'm a chef and they get banged around quite a bit. I've dropped them multiple time, still fine. I have a few scratches on the rubbery coating but they still look good.

10. ld952

ld952 Full Member

Jun 6, 2010
    mpls, MN
    I like that, will find a spare one and use for my 016

I just purchased 3 Carto kits for my family. Some how the carto's battery doesn't fit with the cone, also the usb charger, the connector at the end seem to be different (there a hole in the middle of the connector) than the original 016 kits.

For the AC adapter, I recommend the 2A, I think it charges fast and work great, and am using it right now for 3+ weeks

Even thought the Carto's battery doesn't fit the cone properly, I still prefer using LR or regular atty, so I can control the air flow and easy to clean when the juice getting leak. Just my 2 cents.

11. Klynn

Klynn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Washington
    My first 016 atty/cone just stopped working (I know cuz I put the other one on and it's fine). Gonna try to clean the one that isn't working. Hmm, the taste was awful b4 the atty quit working, so maybe it just needs to be cleaned. Any tips on the best way to clean these? Think I'll try hot boiled water first.

12. needtoknow

Jan 8, 2010
    TN
    can anyone tell me how the 510 carto compares to the 808 carto, I have a lot of the 808's and a 510 adapter (will that work on the hello?) I switched to a 510 from a 808 because I like the hit that the 510 gives much better, will the 510 carto hit the same as the 808?

13. kase

kase Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Everett WA
    I find the 808s hit better at 6 Volts, and the 510 cartos are better at 5 volts or so. So, out of those two I'd strap the 510 carto on the 016, but what should really be on there is a Low Resistance atomizer and a drip tip.

14. x0rsw1tch

x0rsw1tch Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kent, OH
    The first battery I ordered is still the only one that works as well as the wall charger.

Whats funny is that this is also the only battery that doesnt leak. Apparently, the model was redesigned and the new atomizer would leak onto the battery.

Just wierd.

15. Aras

Aras Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    one of my batteries just got fried when I tried to charge it...

Screwed it on the charger, a wisp of smoke came from the button and now it doesn't work :(

This is the newer of the 2 also. The first one is still going.

16. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    The button on one of mine broke. The battery worked great until that happened. Has anyone else had that problem.

17. pm2006

pm2006 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    My battery has been on the charger that came with it for 5 hours and the light is still red. Is this normal? I thought it was a fast charger.

18. tardcore

tardcore Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2009
    pittsburgh, pa
    i know i read somewhere about it, but i can't find the post/thread any more >.< how do i get the atty out of the cone without hurting anything?

EDIT: what i wanna do is use the cone with my other 510 atties/cartos while maintaining that sleek look :)

EDIT EDIT: figured it out :p took a bolt that was just slightly smaller than the diameter of the atty, stuck it down in there, placed the cone on a hard surface, and tapped it out (maybe a little more than tapped) with a hammer i had handy and it popped out. just gotta find a way to stop the cone from wiggling all over the place now :p

19. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Are you looking at the red light on the wall charger if so it always stays red. The light where the battery screws in is the charge light. It should charge in about 3 hours.

20. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I see they are selling LR Coneamizers now. Has anyone tried one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.