Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi alisa! I was just wondering the other day where you got off to. :D Welcome back!

The Coolfire IV's are awesome! If you like the feel of the vv3s' buttons, you'll like the btn on the CF4s, but they last THE WHOLE DAY!

Really can't advise on tanks; all I really use anymore is an Achilles rda -- still a tootle puffer, but the Achilles is great, really tight draw. Too bad they don't make 'em anymore. :(

I got these 2 CF4's on my 1st no-smoke-a-versary:

redandpink2.jpg

Custom etching from phiniac.com...

Andria

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I'll have to check out the Endura. I really want something easy peasy, no fiddle factor.

I thought about just getting the iTazte MVP 3.0 Pro since I liked mine so much but it seemed like sort of a "why not upgrade" sort of thing.

The Endura is a good mod. As is the the Joye ego-one-mega battery APV (looks just-like the endura, but comes in 2 different battery sizes and i believe it is regulated to a different wattage than 14w) which comes with the same tank that comes with the Joye Evic VTC Mini. (the ego-ONE tank) the endura, the VTCmini mod, or the ego-one mod by joye would all be good choices for you, me thinks...

On another note, I can't vape high VG, makes my chest rumble. Is that going to be an issue going sub-ohm?

NO. Vape 100% VG in any subtank, and you SHOULD be ok.. tank tech has come a long way.

I was looking at the Coolfire and the MVP 3.0 Pro. So you think those would be good upgrades? I really do love Innokin quality.

The MVP3 is just big. It's big. It's really really big. Devices have shrunk a lot in the past 2 years. Look at the dimensions of the MVP3 and any other new mod on the market today.... Everyone complains that Innokin failed to shrink the MVP3 like most other manufacturers managed to do with their mods... I would recommend you go with the CoolFireIV or CoolFireIV+ over the MVP3 anyday. Also, the CoolFireIV+ may have better stats, but it's make of plastic, compared to the IV's all metal body. I would recommend you go with the coolfireIV over the IV+ mod, jus sayin. & the isub tank is great. the entire isub tank series is great. The isub (plastic) the isubG (glass) and the isub apex (top quality!)

Here is a new itaste VV3 for ~$15
Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit (acrylic box)
Thanks - that would be good for my backup replacement. Really liked the higher amp battery of the MVP for daily vaping though. The stick only lasts me 4 hours.

#1: Higher mAh, not higher AMP. AMPERAGE has to do with the stress level the battery can take. mAh has to do with the length of time the battery will last. IE: a 2500mAh battery will last around 20 vape-hours at 3.7 volts. a 2000mAh battery will last around 15-20 vape-hours at constant 3.7 volts. a 2000mAh battery with 25amp limit will be-able to handle less of a high wattage, or will need higher ohms, than a 2000mAh battery with a 35amp limit.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
The Endura is a good mod. As is the the Joye ego-one-mega battery APV (looks just-like the endura, but comes in 2 different battery sizes and i believe it is regulated to a different wattage than 14w) which comes with the same tank that comes with the Joye Evic VTC Mini. (the ego-ONE tank) the endura, the VTCmini mod, or the ego-one mod by joye would all be good choices for you, me thinks...

NO. Vape 100% VG in any subtank, and you SHOULD be ok.. tank tech has come a long way.

The MVP3 is just big. It's big. It's really really big. Devices have shrunk a lot in the past 2 years. Look at the dimensions of the MVP3 and any other new mod on the market today.... Everyone complains that Innokin failed to shrink the MVP3 like most other manufacturers managed to do with their mods... I would recommend you go with the CoolFireIV or CoolFireIV+ over the MVP3 anyday. Also, the CoolFireIV+ may have better stats, but it's make of plastic, compared to the IV's all metal body. I would recommend you go with the coolfireIV over the IV+ mod, jus sayin. & the isub tank is great. the entire isub tank series is great. The isub (plastic) the isubG (glass) and the isub apex (top quality!)

#1: Higher mAh, not higher AMP. AMPERAGE has to do with the stress level the battery can take. mAh has to do with the length of time the battery will last. IE: a 2500mAh battery will last around 20 vape-hours at 3.7 volts. a 2000mAh battery will last around 15-20 vape-hours at constant 3.7 volts. a 2000mAh battery with 25amp limit will be-able to handle less of a high wattage, or will need higher ohms, than a 2000mAh battery with a 35amp limit.

This is PERFECT. Thank you! So the CoolFire IV that I'm looking at is PLASTIC? No, don't want that.

OK, so my vaping verbage needs a tuneup...LOL. Yes, mAh is what I meant.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Hi alisa! I was just wondering the other day where you got off to. :D Welcome back!

The Coolfire IV's are awesome! If you like the feel of the vv3s' buttons, you'll like the btn on the CF4s, but they last THE WHOLE DAY!

Really can't advise on tanks; all I really use anymore is an Achilles RDA -- still a tootle puffer, but the Achilles is great, really tight draw. Too bad they don't make 'em anymore. :(

I got these 2 CF4's on my 1st no-smoke-a-versary:

View attachment 524970
Custom etching from phiniac.com...

Andria

Hey there lady! Glad to see you still rockin the vape. I just got too busy to keep up with forums and stuff. Are your CoolFires plastic?

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
no no the CoolFireIV is metal, the new CoolFireIV+ is made of plastic. I def recommend the first CoolFireIV over the new CoolFireIV+ mod... The new CoolFire+ mod may be able to use higher wattages, & it comes with a better/newer iSub series tank, but the old CoolFireIV has a much better build quality and it just looks cooler :p The 1st CoolFireIV will serve ya very well, and the internal battery will be really convenient for ya, i promise- just like the old innokin MVP line. In-fact, a-lot of people say they should have called the CoolFireIV the new MVP to keep the MVP line alive and well, because it will DIE with the new MVP3.

Reactions: alisa1970

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Awesome.

OK, now my last question. Since I'm going to try out a sub-ohm tank, what about nic level. I have been vaping 12mg. Do I go down to 3 or 6?

i recommend 6mg if you've been vaping 12 and u plan to hit sub-ohms. that's what I did and I was a 12 OR 18mg vaper. Bit of an adjustment, but not much at-all really. Almost the same throat hit for the 1st few days and then the throat hit will feel like your 12 to 18mg throat hit at 6mg after that... your throat will adjust to the 6mg at high wattages/low-ohms and it'll feel just like your 12mg juice does now. This is a biggy that a LOT of new-to-subohm/high-wattage device vapers screw up. (I know I did!!) you basically MUST make a nic-change, or you're going to wind-up dizzy and overdosed.

Reactions: alisa1970

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
OK good, I was thinking 6 would be good for now because I just bought some 12mg and have a bottle of 6 left when I tried to go down and was unsuccessful. :p It will give me something to try out and decide if sub-ohm is what I want or not.

I want to thank everybody for your help...I wouldn't have been able to make a decision without you.

You guys are truly awesome!:party:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey there lady! Glad to see you still rockin the vape. I just got too busy to keep up with forums and stuff. Are your CoolFires plastic?

Nope, solid metal -- they etch off the paint to make the design, then clear-coat it. When I first got my CF4s, I thought they were heavy, but they're really not; the iPV Mini I got for xmas is a lot heavier with an 18650 in it, but I love it a lot too!

The cool thing about these mods that are high wattage is that they support low resistance -- which means nothing to me, except LOOOOOOOOONG battery life, and I freaking love that!

Andria

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Arctic V8? A Subtank mini would suit you better I think.

I think it's too small, capacity wise. I sort of looked at all the styles they offered and it seemed OK. Yeah, it might be big, but I don't mind big tanks. As long as the whole thing doesn't weight 10lbs, then I'll have to alternate arms for lifting. :lol:

Reactions: Plumes.91

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I think it's too small, capacity wise. I sort of looked at all the styles they offered and it seemed OK. Yeah, it might be big, but I don't mind big tanks. As long as the whole thing doesn't weight 10lbs, then I'll have to alternate arms for lifting. :lol:

Dang, that IS a big one, isn't it??? Doh.

Jumpman

Jan 24, 2016
I loving my new coolfire plus, its comfy and well built with great power button, seems better than the iv. I don't think they are plastic, my red one and the blue one have a coating different to the brushed metal black ones but I'm sure its not plastic, it feels great in the hand.

I love it with the nautilus mini, not so much the apex :)

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The subtank Mini holds .5 ml more than the Arctic V8. Get the subtank plus if you want big capacity 7 ml.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
The subtank Mini holds .5 ml more than the Arctic V8. Get the subtank plus if you want big capacity 7 ml.

Yeah, I emailed to see if they could change it to that. There was a huge list and I really have no clue about the new tanks but thought it would be fun to try something new.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I loving my new coolfire plus, its comfy and well built with great power button, seems better than the iv. I don't think they are plastic, my red one and the blue one have a coating different to the brushed metal black ones but I'm sure its not plastic, it feels great in the hand.

I love it with the nautilus mini, not so much the apex :)

Thats exactly right , Innokin doesn't make junk and they stand behind their warranty unlike Joytech/Eleaf.

Even Phil Busardo said Innokin's quality is superior to the vast majority of it's competitors and after taking a few apart i agree , Innokin really does it right . The competition is 95% of the time cheaper though , not by a lot but cheaper nonetheless.

Regarding the MVP Pro , i don't think it's big , it feels like you actually have something in your hand and it's an absolute tank , people who have them love them to death .

Some people buy mods based on wanting the smallest mod possible , especially females, (no offense but true) and that doesn't surprise me .

I just want the most reliable and well built mods that are quality through and through, seems smaller mods have much more cramped internals and that leads to higher repair rates imo of course .

Especially ones with lots of features , take a few apart ( never mind i doubt your going to do that) , and you will see what i mean , it's an absolute mess inside.

Take an MVP apart or attempt to , OMG what a nightmare even the soldering and wire connections are as perfect as you can get , i can usually pull and wires just snap , not with an MVP they don't and i tried .

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
jumpman and herb are right then, considering they have held the new coolfireIV+ mods within their hands- I assumed that they were made of plastic because they look plastic, and because I have made comments about them being made-of plastic in the past (base solely on the fact that they looked like they are made of plastic in pictures) and a couple/a-few different ECF members went-along and stated that they are (or must-be) made of plastic, so after that I was sold, and figured that they must-be made of plastic. But if herb & jumpman have HELD them in their hands, the CFIV+ models must-be metal, like the original CFIV models, however, they've got a really sleek/wet-look (plastic looking, lol) paint job. So either the CFIV or the CFIV+ are both well-made METAL body mods, according to jumpman & herb. I apologize for the assumption.

Now-then, I will congratulate you on your mod purchase (great choice!) and if you are indeed getting the kanger subtank, great choice as-well! I really enjoy mine. I currently have my subtank on my evic-vtc-mini with the rebuildable-platform inside. I built a 0.5 ohm coil with 30g kanthal & I'm realllly enjoying the rebuild-platform in the subtank at 0.5ohm/12.5 watts with my 6mg RWhy4 e-liquid from TheVapeTree. Great set-up!!!

I will say that I have tried the innokin top-coil tanks in the past (this was a looong time ago, considering we haven't seen new/popular top-coil tanks in quite some time, if I'm not mistaken, lol.. MOST vapers prefer BC-Tanks these days!) but yes, I tried the top-coil innokin tank and disliked it in comparison to my aspire vivi nova tanks. I did not like the build quality. I have also handled the original MVP & didn't like the size. IDK.... I am male, and I tend to look for the smallest (but highest quality) mods that I can find. For example: I own the Joye Evic-VTC-Mini, & the Kanger Subox Mini. I really loved the screen on the EvicMini, & I loved the form-factor of the SuboxMini. Both are my best/favorite regulated mods that I've ever owned. I still own/use my original Joye Evic Tube Mod & I cannot complain, it's still going very strong. I have GOOD FAITH in Joye. I still have Joye eGo batteries that work quite well & hold charge, and they are over 4-5 years old today, haha. I really like Joye. I never did like the look or "size" of the Innokin MVP box-mods, though. They always looked and felt way too bulky for my small hands. I am a short 5'5 male, 135-140lbs (usually lol) and I just HATE big mods in my hands. I hate the way they look in the mirrors... I hate everything about BIG mods, lol, and I write BIG with quotation marks, because MOST mods are smaller than they appear in pictures, & MOST mods I've handled are of managable size... However, some are just too big when there are much smaller mods available. For instance, I love my Silver Bullet, but why use my Silver Bullet when out of the house (where people will be looking at me as I vape) when I've got other much, MUCH smaller mechanical mods.... I LOVE mech tubes in 18350 mode for example, they are WAY small. I usually enjoy a mech in 18500 mode, outside of the house, though. 18500 tube mechs are the PERFECT size, imho.

& speaking of SMALL profile mods- now that there are "SIDE-BY-SIDE" box-mods, with the recessed-tank feature (the tank is recessed, so it is LOWER than the top of the box, (which is totally awesome, in my opinion) I have no plans to buy BIG mods ever again- Not when the side-by-side/recessed-tank box mods are available these days. I reallllly love my REO Grand with a small RDA on-top too, but with the advancement in bottom-coil/platform-slot-fed rebuildable tanks on the market, the REO has a fair chance at being replaced. (GASP! I doubt it, lol... I love them too much!) but, yes, with these great new tanks and the small (short) side-by-side/recessed-tank mods on the market, the REO has it's work cut-out for it....... Not that I would ever think about putting my Reo on a shelf, haha. It's built too well/too-cool a design- too nice a manufacturer- etc/etc... lol.

Long story short- There's a great variety of QUALITY, SMALL profile mods on the market these days, including the EvicMini, the SuboxMini, & of course, the CoolFireIV and CoolFireIV+ mods, haha. So, if you need a backup mod for your current CFIV or a backup mod for your backup mod for your backup backup backup mod, you have PLENTY of great SMALL/SHORT profile APV-Options, for sure! I want a XyvoStick!!! :p

& hey, while I'm here, let me just say 1 last thing...
ENJOY your vape journey!!! :D

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
You've been down the road much longer than me... I'm in that position where I'm enjoying my vape so much that I haven't look for nor ordered anything else for months now. I don't look at wattage no more since I'm using a temperature controlled (TC) mechanical mod called the eVIC-VTC mini, that I run with a RTA Kayfun. I build grade 1 Titanium coils for TC @0.5 ohms with all preparations and safety ECF recommendations, wick with Nylon and DIY my juices... I'm surely not fancy nor original, but away from Kanthal it's a very satisfying cloud production for an ex-smoker, it's so straightforward, theoretically safe and so enjoyable for my personal taste that I'm inviting you to check on TC mods, which are a relatively recent improvement in the vaping field...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread