Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Hey folks. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Went to Vapers Tek website to order some nic base this afternoon. Haven't ordered since last Black Friday. Found out they closed end of August. Not sure why they didn't send out emails to their customer list so we could get a last order in... =(

Just went to Nude Nic's site. Can anyone share the difference between their Pharma & Chroma Nic bases?

Is Nic River's PurNic as good as Nude Nic's freebase nics?

Trying to get an order tonight...

Thanks!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hey folks. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Went to Vapers Tek website to order some nic base this afternoon. Haven't ordered since last Black Friday. Found out they closed end of August. Not sure why they didn't send out emails to their customer list so we could get a last order in... =(

Just went to Nude Nic's site. Can anyone share the difference between their Pharma & Chroma Nic bases?

Is Nic River's PurNic as good as Nude Nic's freebase nics?

Trying to get an order tonight...

Thanks!

I've only ordered 100mg/ml (1 liter size) nic from Nicotine River and MyFreedomSmokes. Both were nice clean nic that that resulted a good mix without any overtones or unusual nuances in the juice mix. Re-bottle it in glass with a top that seals well and store it in the freezer and it will stay clear and clean. I have nic in the freezer that's well over two years old that's still water clear.

A liter of nic lasts a long time when you are mixing 3mg strength as I do, so you want to make sure that it lives in the freezer unless you are actually mixing juice. I tried keeping a small bottle in the fridge for DIY and it yellowed a little over time. Still, I didn't notice any harshness once it was used for mixing. Stronger mixes might have revealed a flavor change, but for me it didn't at 3mg.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I've ordered both a nic pre-mix (24 mg/ml) and a 100 mg/ml nic base from MyFreedomSmokes. The pre-mix was just fine (BTW I've bought 2 liters of that, 1 at a time), and after I go through the 80 mls or so I have left of that I'll mix the liter of base that's been in a freezer for a couple or few years. I took that liter out 6 or 7 months ago and it still looks and smells the same as when I bought it.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Heartland Vapes has several different kinds/brands of nic base, and a whole lot of us have stocked up for the longterm with Liters of their $44.99/Liter 100mg/mL House nic base. Quite a few people who previously had only bought much higher priced nic base from other vendors... have in the last 6-8 months tried the HV nic base, too, and have been very pleased with it. Some of them even said that they wished they'd tried it years ago and could've saved a bunch of money. But they hadn't bought it then, because they mistakenly thought that at the $44.99/L low price...it must not be as good.

I'd previously bought nic base from Wizard Labs, Nude Nicotine, RTS Vapes (now Nicotine Giant), Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, Ecig Express, and My Freedom Smokes. (I honestly didn't even know about Heartland Vapes then, as they weren't an often mentioned vendor.) That nic base was all more expensive than Heartland Vapes. None of it was better than theirs, and 2 of them weren't even as good as theirs, IMO! For the last 3 years, I've bought only HV nic base for my own use and for several other people I've taught and/or am teaching to DIY their own eliquids. They all love it, too.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

I would like to know also? Other than cost i cant find an answer.

From their FAQ page:

"What is the difference between Pharma and Chroma?
    "The FDA has specific qualifications and specifications in order for nicotine to be used for wholesale purposes. Wholesalers are only allowed to use the PHARMA grade nicotine which has to meet these specific specifications.

Chroma is just as good in quality, however, it doesn’t meet the specific number the FDA requires for wholesalers. It is completely suitable for our DIY customers at home.

We are able to provide Chroma with a significant price reduction to our customers who use our products for Personal use.

The taste and quality are almost identical."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if you're buying the Pharma and you're not a commercial outfit then you're just wasting your money. JMHO.

Personally, if I were buying Nude Nic, I would just go with the Chroma given the above. But if you want a detailed explanation as to their exact chemical differences and how they could affect a DIYer's stash and end product, then you should contact nude nic.

• Informative
    Reactions: HigherStateD

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2013
    After looking around i did not see anyone offering 80VG/20PG 3mg and mango flavoring. Nude Nic sells it as low as about $9 for a 500mil. I also wanted a bottle of mango flavoring and they have the yellow mango.

Other options would have cost more when i start adding up shipping costs and i dont really want to get much into mixing higher mg nic bases.....So i guess i got no choice but to bite the bullet on the shipping. Nearly $17 to ship is pretty stinking high but the nic is cheap.

500mil of vapable liquid for under $35 is still ok and i could have just vaped unflavored for under $30.

Last edited:

Peteramafe

Moved On
    Jan 14, 2021
    • Deleted by Misty
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread