Help, dropped my mod, tank isn’t working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
I don’t have an Alien 220 but I’m thinking it has a spring loaded 510. With a dropped mod that pin could have been damaged.

With the Freemax there are a couple things to look at. Damage to the external part of the 510 pin. Take the coil out and look at the internal part of the 510 pin as well. The 510 pin makes the connection from th mod to the coil.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
If you have another mod it would be useful to see if the coil is recognized on that mod. Since you already replaced the coil, if it won't fire on another device then maybe an insulator got torn in the tank during the drop. Good luck!

Great point.

From the looks of the Freemax it has a removable 510 pin. Could take it out and check the insulator after removing the pin.

geeks

Jun 26, 2011
Washington State
I don’t have another mod to test with. I checked the pin on the FreeMax, it’s loose. I tried spinning it out and got nothing, spun it in some and the mod recognized it. I got all excited and filled it up.
I think the mod itself is jacked as well. Had to take it up to 70w where as it normally runs at 40-45. 2 hits and no coil.
We’re currently living with snowmageddon. Guess I’ll have to dig my car out and find an open vape shop.
The mod is almost a year and a half old, so it’s due. The tank is only a couple months old.
The moral of my story, don’t try to quickly sweep away snow while vaping.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
Sorry about your mod. Hopefully you can pick up one at a Vape shop.

Here is an option for a good back up

Council of Vapor Xion Kit | 240W Touchscreen Box Mod Starter Kit

$20 and the mod is really nice. The tank, surprisingly, is really good too. Coils are $4.99 for a 5 pack on the same site and the Xilo tanks are $0.99.

I’ve grabbed 4 of these for people at work that are interested in vaping. Had a chance to use one during set up and there is a lot to like about it. The boost feature gives a great vape and lots of cloud production. The touch screen is great and easy to lock after setting your wattage.

As far as coil life goes one of the guys I set one up for is on the same coil after 3 weeks of use. He is using one of my DIY juices which don’t gunk as bad as commercial ejuice so YMMV on the coils.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Bummer and if it's still under warranty you could try that. I mean... I sent in countless of my kid's cellphones that had been dropped in the toilet thinking "If water damage is so VISIBLE like they say, I'm sure they will email back and ask. Etc. They never did.

Perhaps it was morally questionable (more the toilet water than the lie, really) but they always sent back a "refurbished" phone that had probably been in someone ELSE's toilet.

You will have to consult your morality gods, thoughts whatever on that, but I will say I drop mods all the time and they don't get damaged (usually) you could send it in for its "design fragility" or whatnot, I guess.

I think your center pin is toast though. Whatever you do, good luck with it.

Anna

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
Bummer and if it's still under warranty you could try that. I mean... I sent in countless of my kid's cellphones that had been dropped in the toilet thinking "If water damage is so VISIBLE like they say, I'm sure they will email back and ask. Etc. They never did.

Perhaps it was morally questionable (more the toilet water than the lie, really) but they always sent back a "refurbished" phone that had probably been in someone ELSE's toilet.

You will have to consult your morality gods, thoughts whatever on that, but I will say I drop mods all the time and they don't get damaged (usually) you could send it in for its "design fragility" or whatnot, I guess.

I think your center pin is toast though. Whatever you do, good luck with it.

Anna

Water damage is usually sensed by stickers on your PCB that change colour when moisture is detected. Some don't have the stickers but water damage usually leaves a slight water mark on the circuit board that is easily visible particularly if the phone has been fully submerged.

I lost count of the number of handsets we deemed as BER due to the smallest signs of liquid damage so it sounds like you have been really lucky which is fantastic for you!!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
geeks, if you're quick you can get 10% off everything at fasttech.

Code is valid until 10 Feb 2019 23:59 (UTC-6) Offer: Site-wide 10% off Code: CNYSALE10

And COV offer is too good to be true, in any event it fails or is even DOA they will not refund or replace. Period.

Smoant do some good mods with a following, Battlestar is decent and reasonably cheap, there's some reports that it can take a bit of a beating.

And in future, if you have a zip or velcro pocket. Put your mod in it. Learned the hard way myself.

It's just a pity that mods don't have an attachment on their cases for putting a lanyard on them.

geeks

Jun 26, 2011
Washington State
We have a friends who are in Seattle for a couple months to avoid Michigan's snow and cold. Definitely not a day that feels better there than here!
Maybe use the Baby Beast until the roads clear up?
It’s tolerable for a very short while. I replaced it because it was not wicking well and gets a burnt taste very quickly. But it’s not firing well either. It used to run at 40-45w, and I’m only getting light vapor at 70w now. That slight burnt taste is still there too.

geeks

Jun 26, 2011
Washington State
Got the snow cleared and my favorite vape shop was open. Got an Aegis mod kit and Butter cream blueberry cake juice. My new best friend at the vape shop fixed my FreeMax so at least I’ve got a spare now.
We’re stuck inside now for at least a few days while the blizzard rages. Hubby says he’s good till Tuesday before he runs out of cigs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
it sounds like you have been really lucky which is fantastic for you!!

Well, I suppose... Comparatively. I mean, I was the proud owner of a kid constantly dropping his cellphone in the toilet. Also, he could not AIM for anything. I tried cheerios, I tried threats.

Eventually stern rules were set for the can, including cleaning it himself. It was odd how much his aim improved, almost instantly. LOL.

Anna

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Got the snow cleared and my favorite vape shop was open. Got an Aegis mod kit and Butter cream blueberry cake juice. My new best friend at the vape shop fixed my FreeMax so at least I’ve got a spare now.
We’re stuck inside now for at least a few days while the blizzard rages. Hubby says he’s good till Tuesday before he runs out of cigs.

Great. Did he/she tell you what was wrong with the FreeMax? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread