Help ease my loved ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Train Mainframe

May 27, 2020
Hello everyone

I'll start off with the fact I used to vape constantly a year ago, and now recently getting back into vaping.
My partner is concerned about me vaping, which I totally understand. She doesn't know too much about vaping apart from what I've told her. She's worried I will get cancer later in life or other health conditions.
I have never smoked, tried a friend's vape and really enjoyed it and vaped nonfnon nicotine eliquid from there.
I feel like, for lack of a better word- a poser because vaping is the better alternative for those who smoke.

My question is- should I not be vaping at all because I'm not a smoker? I never use nicotine eliquid and never will. My partner is worried but supports my decisions.
There's all sorts of information about, all pointing to if you don't smoke, don't vape. I'm just after the opinion of those to who actually vape.

Thank you and have a good day

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Do you “like it”? Of course you do. That doesn’t mean it’s a good idea tough. Keep in mind nicotine is a drug. It’s a major anti anxiety, so in the same class as xanex, and exceptionally fast acting. It’s also famously addictive.

The whole virus thing is pretty anxiety inducing. If it’s a choice between vaping and smoking then vaping. If it’s a choice between vaping or some form of mental health help go for the mental health help.

Less doesn’t mean zero. It means less. I encourage long time smokers who have tried to quit (which is basically all of them) to change to vaping. For people who aren’t already hooked on nicotine in a worse form it strikes me as a bad idea though. The bright side is vaping nic is easier to quit than smoking cigarettes. It’s part of the point really.

non nicotine vaping is inhalation of pg/VG and flavorings. The pg/VG are pretty for sure non cancerous. It’s trickier with the flavorings, but if only upc tested food flavorings are used the answer is still pretty much no. Cancer from cigarettes is caused generally by things that simply are not in ecigarettes. There are some different problems like lipid pneumonia, but to get that you have to vape lipids. DO NOT VAPE LIPIDS. Pg and VG are not lipids though.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread