Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

VM-Lady

Mar 12, 2019
Ok so it's sub-ohm which is the important info. So I would recommend the 2 tanks that I have already mentioned Vaporesso Cascade Baby and Voopoo Uforce. They have a number of different coils that you can choose but the single mesh arguably the best flavour. Try one of these two...just make sure that they fit on your mod. I'm pretty sure that these 2 won't fit on the Pico as that's is limited to around 22mm because of the protruding battery cap.

Good luck :)

So, if I was to choose to go with one of these tanks, what kind of Mod that is user friendly and not mech or anything too confusing that would work with those tanks? and do you also have reputable places to get these from?

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
So, if I was to choose to go with one of these tanks, what kind of Mod that is user friendly and not mech or anything too confusing that would work with those tanks? and do you also have reputable places to get these from?

Well the ones i've already mentioned are good and any other dual battery mod with a flush 510 connector like them as it's only the battery cap and width that prevents a bigger tank going on the Pico. Most sites will have specs which show the dimensions so you can make an informed choice.

There are lots of good sites out there but where are you? I'm in Europe so I don't use any US sites or not very often anyway. I use the chinese sites a lot and several in France (where I liive) and the UK. Let me know where you are and i'll see what I can come up with :)

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

VM-Lady

Mar 12, 2019
Well the ones i've already mentioned are good and any other dual battery mod with a flush 510 connector like them as it's only the battery cap and width that prevents a bigger tank going on the Pico. Most sites will have specs which show the dimensions so you can make an informed choice.

There are lots of good sites out there but where are you? I'm in Europe so I don't use any US sites or not very often anyway. I use the chinese sites a lot and several in France (where I liive) and the UK. Let me know where you are and i'll see what I can come up with :)

I'm from Canada :)

If you like your Pico, you could get a Pico 25. It will accommodate tanks up to 25mm in diameter.

Also, hello and welcome.

Thank you :)

Reactions: Zazie

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014

Arrgh you would say that :) That's the one country I don't know much about although I do know that a lot of vapers order from the states. I'm going to try and bring in @Fidola13 she's from Boston maybe she can help.

In the meantime here are the chines sites I use. They're perfectly safe and have good prices but the delivery takes a few weeks :)

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

You are being redirected...
This one has a USA warehouse!!

Buy mod kit electronic cigarette vaporizer and get free shipping on AliExpress.com

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: VM-Lady

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Vaporesso Skrr tank is reasonable, it can use GT core coils. And they have a mesh option that produces a lot of vapour to the CCell's that don't, but provide decent flavour.

Only downside with the Skrr is a lot of glass, but they hold 8ml liquid and if you can find the 1st version they have a screw in drip tip that locks the tank. So, no liquid spills.

Freemax Mesh Pro gets mentioned a lot as well, so another option. Ask others for more information on them though as I've never used one.

For mods, Vandy Vape Jackaroo or like others have mentioned Geekvape Aegis 100 watt. Both are reasonable sized devices which are designed to take some punishment.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Also, on a side note, my vape just threw the "Atomizer Low" Code... What is this? lol is it dangerous ? (worry wart here lol)

I should also mention the base i'm using now, the top and bottom plates are coming loose, (i imagine the screws just need to be tightened) but Is this dangerous using it as is ? Just curious ha.

The Pico's are known for a glitchy 510 connection and the spring loaded pin inside the top of the mods 510 sometimes gets stuck resulting in the atomiser low reading...it's not dangerous :) The only way to fix this is to turn mod off, take battery out and with a small screwdriver or the tip of some ceramic tweezers or something, try and gently prise up the centre pin...that usually helps. There is no complete cure though and you may have to do it again :)

Maybe try and do the screws up if you can...you don't want the whole mod to fall apart. If it's been dropped that much definitely time for a new mod and tank really :)

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
VM-Lady, sounds like your mod needs to be retired. So definitely consider a Ruggedised mod like I and others have mentioned, as that mod of yours has been well and truly punished.

Jackaroo would probably edge it though, due to the fact that you can use 21700 batteries with it. So it would last longer with sub ohm vaping.

And the Atomiser Low warning is just telling you that the coil resistance is lower than the mod can work with, it's probably happening due to the mod being that battered. So the electronics/mod are in the process of dying, wish I could have given you better news.

VM-Lady

Mar 12, 2019
The Pico's are known for a glitchy 510 connection and the spring loaded pin inside the top of the mods 510 sometimes gets stuck resulting in the atomiser low reading...it's not dangerous :) The only way to fix this is to turn mod off, take battery out and with a small screwdriver or the tip of some ceramic tweezers or something, try and gently prise up the centre pin...that usually helps. There is no complete cure though and you may have to do it again :)

Maybe try and do the screws up if you can...you don't want the whole mod to fall apart. If it's been dropped that much definitely time for a new mod and tank really :)

VM-Lady, sounds like your mod needs to be retired. So definitely consider a Ruggedised mod like I and others have mentioned, as that mod of yours has been well and truly punished.

Jackaroo would probably edge it though, due to the fact that you can use 21700 batteries with it. So it would last longer with sub ohm vaping.

And the Atomiser Low warning is just telling you that the coil resistance is lower than the mod can work with, it's probably happening due to the mod being that battered. So the electronics/mod are in the process of dying, wish I could have given you better news.

Thanks very much guys. I'm going to go home tonight and take a look at all my options for a new mod & tank. The fact that mine needs to be retired gives me a viable excuse to get a new one ;)

lol! I may be posting more questions throughout my buying process/ search of new mod. You all have been so helpful.

Reactions: Mordacai

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
1. Use the proper charger for your batteries and place the charger and / or batteries in an authorized battery bag, on a flame proof container, and away from other flammable materials.
I'm not convinced that a bag or other container is desirable. They trap heat and heat is the enemy of batteries, chargers and other electronics. RC hobby people use them for their lipos, but they only put the battery in the bag, not the charger.

2. Use a proper charger to charge your devices (APPLIES TO 'BUILT-IN BATTERY MODS ONLY!). Using a 2Amp charger on something that should be charged at 1AMP or lower can cause the battery to heat up and may damage the cells in the pack.
If you're talking about a USB charger, this is wrong. A USB charger is voltage supply. 2A, 1A, or 0.5A are simply the limit of how much current can be drawn from it. A 2A USB charger has no means to push 2A into a device that only wants 1A.

The rest of your advice (below) is sound, although point 5 is a bit over-cautious; cold will not hurt batteries provided one does not attempt to charge them while they are still really cold.

3. If you're under-educated and / or have reckless tendencies - AVOID MECHANICAL MODS! If you are well educated and aren't a reckless person - then by all means, use a mechanical mod WITHIN LIMITS!

4. If you use a device that uses external batteries - DO NOT PUT LOOSE BATTERIES IN YOUR POCKET! Put them in a solid case that protects the entire battery! Don't put them in a "silicon sleeve", that leaves the side of the battery exposed and any damage to the wrap increases the chances of a short.

5. Keep your batteries out of extreme weather. Don't leave them in extremely cold weather and don't leave them in extremely hot weather. TAKE THEM WITH YOU - EVERYWHERE! Leaving them in your car in the summer may cause damage to the cells.

6. BUY PROPERLY RATED BATTERIES FOR THE DEVICE(S) YOU'RE USING! If you are planning on going cloud chasing, I suggest a 30AMP battery, hands down, every time, all the time. If clouds aren't your thing, and you're vaping at "reasonable" power levels, then shoot for a 20-25AMP battery. If you're using a coil / coil head rated above 1.0 Ohms, then a 10-15AMP battery should suffice.

7. KNOW YOUR DEVICE, KNOW YOUR ATOMIZER, KNOW YOUR BATTERY, AND KNOW YOUR LIMITS! This is self explanatory. But I'll delve into it anyways.
7a. If you're using a mod that runs in SERIES ONLY, then KNOW THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS NEED 2 OR MORE BATTERIES! Those batteries will need to be charged at the same time, used at the same time, and ALWAYS DISCARDED AT THE SAME TIME!
7b. If you're using a hybrid / pinless mod, make sure your atomizer has a protruding pin. Also, ensure when you clean your atomizer, you ensure there is NO DEBRIS LEFT BEHIND! No cotton, no wire clippings, no "gunk" - NOTHING!
7c. When buying batteries, use a marker and date them. Date the first time they were discharged and recharged. After a year or so passes, toss them and buy new ones. BUY THEM FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE! DO NOT BUY THEM FROM EBAY, AMAZON, ETC! If they're still within reasonable age, but the wrappers are torn, scratched, cut, etc. Get them rewrapped ASAP! If the can (the silver part beneath the wrap), the positive ring, or any other part of the battery is dented, punctured, etc. toss it and buy a new one (or a new set if the batteries were paired up).
7d. Know your limits - what are you willing to do / what are your plans with your ecig, and what are you hoping to gain? Ask yourself this every time you do ANYTHING and all will be well.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
No worries VM-Lady, take your time. And you'll find something that will do you proud.

And I don't know what prices of gear are in Canada, but you could always look on sites such as Fasttech, 3fvape, Vapesourcing. All Chinese webstores, if I've not listed any I'm sure that others can add to the list. Just don't buy batteries from them.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Where in Canada? There are vape shops in many cities, though most Canadian vendors are on the pricier side. If you don't have a local shop, dashvapes at least has free shipping on orders over 35 bucks (other places you need to spend 100 or more to get free shipping -- of course, at the prices here, it can be hard to not go over 100 bucks). Otherwise, there are the chinese vendors (fasttech, efun.top, and such) which have good prices, cheap or free shipping, and long anticipatory waits for the goods to arrive :)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If looking for a new setup that is easy to use and extremely durable, I'll suggest the following setup:

30529_1541645908_500x500.png
Geekvape Aegis Mini starter kit

The Geekvape Aegis Mini has an internal battery that you charge via USB cord. Takes about 30 minutes to reach a full charge. You can put any tank on top of it, but the starter kit comes with the Cerberus subohm tank, a very good tank in my opinion. The Aegis Mini is nearly indestructable: shockproof and waterproof. Dash Vapes is a Canadian vendor.

VM-Lady

Mar 12, 2019
Where in Canada? There are vape shops in many cities, though most Canadian vendors are on the pricier side. If you don't have a local shop, dashvapes at least has free shipping on orders over 35 bucks (other places you need to spend 100 or more to get free shipping -- of course, at the prices here, it can be hard to not go over 100 bucks). Otherwise, there are the chinese vendors (fasttech, efun.top, and such) which have good prices, cheap or free shipping, and long anticipatory waits for the goods to arrive :)

Kingston Ontario specifically. We do have 3 stores, however they don't really carry much varity mod wise. I am going to browse their websites though first.

:)

If looking for a new setup that is easy to use and extremely durable, I'll suggest the following setup:

30529_1541645908_500x500.png
Geekvape Aegis Mini starter kit

The Geekvape Aegis Mini has an internal battery that you charge via USB cord. Takes about 30 minutes to reach a full charge. You can put any tank on top of it, but the starter kit comes with the Cerberus subohm tank, a very good tank in my opinion. The Aegis Mini is nearly indestructable: shockproof and waterproof. Dash Vapes is a Canadian vendor.

Thank you, I really like the ability to switch batteries though. So I think i'll be sticking with one that I'm able to switch the batteries.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
I'm not convinced that a bag or other container is desirable. They trap heat and heat is the enemy of batteries, chargers and other electronics. RC hobby people use them for their lipos, but they only put the battery in the bag, not the charger.

If you're talking about a USB charger, this is wrong. A USB charger is voltage supply. 2A, 1A, or 0.5A are simply the limit of how much current can be drawn from it. A 2A USB charger has no means to push 2A into a device that only wants 1A.

The rest of your advice (below) is sound, although point 5 is a bit over-cautious; cold will not hurt batteries provided one does not attempt to charge them while they are still really cold.

To ease someone's fear(s) of batteries or mods just exploding, I suggest the bag and a flame proof container - if that is a huge concern for them.

As for the chargers - trying to drive more power to something that accepts only a certain amount is possible, and from past experiences, it has caused batteries of mine to heat up. They have even ruptured. Would you put a battery - ANY battery - that is supposed to be charged at a certain rate (ex. 750mAh @ 1A) on a charger that can only output and charge at 1500mAh @ 2A or more? I wouldn't. The batteries may charge faster, but they may also overheat and rupture. I have seen it happen. So I make the point - use the proper charger for the job. Don't try to over charge or "rapidly" charge a battery beyond what it's rated at. The reason we don't have any issues with them "at this moment" is most "voltage supplies" have some form of regulation behind them. Look at almost all the devices, chargers, etc. Most of them have regulation of some sort. My Vaporshark DNA-250 for instance. Uses a LiPo, can be charged reasonably on a USB cable with a 2AMP charger attached to it. I could take that battery and put it on any LiPo pack charger, and maybe get a different result.

As for storing your batteries in the cold, I don't suggest storing batteries in ANY extreme conditions. When batteries are too cold and you don't allow them to hit room temperature, things CAN happen. The OP is worried (or overly cautious) about mishaps. Err on the side of caution, don't charge your batteries in extreme cold, don't store them in extreme temperatures and then try to use them right away.

Like any thing else in the world though - no 2 things are made exactly identical, every time, all the time.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you, I really like the ability to switch batteries though. So I think i'll be sticking with one that I'm able to switch the batteries.
Completely understand. :thumb:

Geekvape makes two other models of the Aegis that use replaceable external batteries. Dash Vapes sells the Aegis Legend which is a two battery mod. There is also the Aegis which is a single external battery mod which I didn't see on the Dash Vapes site.

24837_1526962150_500x500.png

GEEKVAPE AEGIS LEGEND 200W MOD

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Don’t think Dashvapes ever carried the 100 watt Aegis. There are starting to become a rarity here in Canada.

$79 for the Aegis Legend is a comfortable average Canadian price. Cheapest I’ve seen in Canada is $63 out of a store in Calgary but they tagged on a mandatory $12 shipping charge to Ontario. $65 CAN from Fasttech but the question becomes is the long wait time of any value. I suffer from both Postal Anxiety and Instant Gratificationitis so willing to pay a little more if it means I can get it sooner.

Easter is just over a month away, can guarantee there will be holiday sales if one can wait that long.

But do recommend Dashvapes. Shipping is quick and free in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread