Help! I'm trying to get my boyfriend to quit smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If he's really hung up on that "has to look like a cigarette" issue then you have to dumb things way down to something like a Joyetech 510 kit. That would mean: about 45 - 90 minutes run time max before a battery needs a recharge. But I have to warn you, if he doesn't want to quit he's not going to quit. If he is only making up reasons why he doesn't like the Itaste he will find just as many reasons why he doesn't like a Joyetech cigalike.

ucool2

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
For me I smoked for 12 years and using e-cig for quit smoking.
I would recommend that you should ask your local vendor for that right kind of e-juice for helping out.
My vendor asked me How much I smoke per day and what type of cig then he choose the right nic/mg for me
So ask your bf how much he smoke and what type of cig then try to get the right juice

Cheer

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Hello!
Noobie here! I've been trying to get my boyfriend to quit smoking cigarettes and get him to vape instead. What would you guys recommend him trying? I got him a starter itaste vv with a protank2, but he says it just doesn't feel similar enough to a cigarette:(. I'd love to hear from y'alls experience!
Thank you in advance! :D
Do you vape? If so then maybe the best way to get him to see the light would be by you showing him that light. Showing him all the fun stuff, the tasty stuff, the new and shiny stuff, the health benefit stuff, the "I don't smell like an ash tray anymore" stuff. You know, the stuff!

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
If you want to get him the most cig like experience I would suggest NET's Naturally extracted tobacco. These are the only tobacco flavors that I can stand. I make my own and it's easy enough to do. Just get some organic tobacco, put it in a jar with some VG/PG and simmer it in a pot of water. Floating the jar. Takes a couple days but it's worth it. Strain it really good.

The next thing that throws many smokers off is not being able to really take a lung hit. To do this with your itaste you should get him a dripper and start building coils. Get one with adjustable air holes so he can open it up wider. Lung hit clouds of NET's is the closest you can get to the feel and taste of a cig.

You won't get any amount of nicotine from extracting it yourself so if he want's nic (probably will) then start with unflavored nic base, probably high nic.

I have been vaping for a long time now. Years and I have helped a lot of people quit cigs. The ones who failed were usually because it just didn't taste and feel enough like a cig. Some people are put off by the size as well but if they can get the taste and feel they usually get over that easy enough.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Do you vape? If so then maybe the best way to get him to see the light would be by you showing him that light. Showing him all the fun stuff, the tasty stuff, the new and shiny stuff, the health benefit stuff, the "I don't smell like an ash tray anymore" stuff. You know, the stuff!

If he doesn't want to, nothing will work. I tried with mine, and it's an absolute no-go. I've been vaping almost a year, and he has tried all of my juices, devices, and even for 24 hours tried to vape when he ran out of smokes and didn't have any money to buy some. Was in absolute agony the whole time. As soon as he got some cash, out the door to the corner store he went.

Your BF will start vaping when he's sick of smoking, whether he realizes it or is just toying with the idea. If he's not there yet, all it does is stress both of you out.

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
You can lead a horse to water, but that doesn't mean it'll drink. Although women tend to have the power most times, sometimes forcing the issue isn't a good idea. If he's into it at a point like you said but it just doesn't feel the similarities try going with a Tobacco blend of juice. RY4 from ECblends is my favorite tobacco blend EVER. Caramel/vanilla with just enough tobacco, Very warm tasting flavor that still has the resemblance to a stinky

Burn_notice_fan_NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ithaca, NY, USA
Higher nicotine content increases the throat hit or 'burn' from the vapor. If he does menthol, possibly try a sample pack from Halo. I have tried the menthol from the smoke shop and it was horrible compared to the Halo varieties. I'm sure other companies have decent menthol too, but do not have experience with them. Additionally, menthol tends to provide that desired throat hit.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Ah! thank you for the quick responses!:laugh: No, he really is trying to quit. He just wants the drag to feel more like a cigarette I guess? He hasn't has a cigarette for the past couple of days, but he comments on how the inhale doesn't feel the same. I was wondering if there was anything to help that.

The pg/vg ratios will make a difference in throat hit as well as nicotine content ion the liguid etc... you gonna get several answers here so I'm gonna stop right there and see what the others say:laugh:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello!
Noobie here! I've been trying to get my boyfriend to quit smoking cigarettes and get him to vape instead. What would you guys recommend him trying? I got him a starter itaste vv with a protank2, but he says it just doesn't feel similar enough to a cigarette:(. I'd love to hear from y'alls experience!
Thank you in advance! :D

I started out with disposable cigalikes.
Once I found the "This thing can work" moment it was just a matter of investing to reduce cost.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
A few weeks ago while one of my buddies was smokin a cig I asked him for a puff cause I wanted a quick reminder of how nasty they are. I took a big ol' drag and it was like there was nothing there. I felt zero sensation from it in my throat. It was like breathing regular air. Very unsatisfying in TH and taste YUCK!!! But it got me to thinking how I'm use to the great TH I get from vaping. I love a good TH and I sure didn't find it with that stinky thing.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I quit smoking using the eRoll, used it for 2 months before moving on. In my experience, it has the most cigarette like feel from the size, to the amount of pull it takes for a decent drag, to the amount of vapor it produces. Excluding possibly the disposable Njoy. It was so close to smoking for me, that I didn't even feel like I wasn't smoking. You can get a complete 2 battery kit at under $50 here (used FTODISC10 for 10% off of $52):

ECIGSPLUS.com, Discount Supplier for Electronic Cigarettes, E-Liquids, Supplies and More

It's not a fog machine, and he'll likely upgrade from there, but it's no slouch of a cig-a-like and a great starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread