Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Good luck! That should be a really enjoyable setup for you. My only advice is with a 100% VG juice is try not to chain vape. I've used a Zenith and while not using 100% but 70/30 VG and it did wick ok, but I wouldn't keep hitting it a bunch of times one after the other or it will begin to taste toasty. Not a full on dry hit, but the feeling that if I kept going I would.

MTL coils are built with lower airflow, which is why they draw like a cigarette. But the low airflow doesn't cool the coil down as quickly as say a high air dl designed coil would, so it can actually get hotter than a subohm dl coil. And in the case of the Zenith, the air slots themselves are small to support that tight draw. So it does work well. I did enjoy it for what it is. But recognize that one limitation and give it a little time between draws.

Not wait like forever. Just a short break in between.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not a deal-breaker, but I also would prefer to buy something made in the USA, Canada, or Europe if possible.
Good luck with that one. 95% of all vaping gear is made in China.

A few years ago much of the gear from China was cheap stuff of questionable quality. Today, there are several China companies who have stepped up their game and offering quality gear.

• Agree
Reactions: mackman

Grimm1111

Nov 12, 2018
Good luck! That should be a really enjoyable setup for you. My only advice is with a 100% VG juice is try not to chain vape. I've used a Zenith and while not using 100% but 70/30 VG and it did wick ok, but I wouldn't keep hitting it a bunch of times one after the other or it will begin to taste toasty. Not a full on dry hit, but the feeling that if I kept going I would.

MTL coils are built with lower airflow, which is why they draw like a cigarette. But the low airflow doesn't cool the coil down as quickly as say a high air dl designed coil would, so it can actually get hotter than a subohm dl coil. And in the case of the Zenith, the air slots themselves are small to support that tight draw. So it does work well. I did enjoy it for what it is. But recognize that one limitation and give it a little time between draws.

Not wait like forever. Just a short break in between.

Thanks! Can't wait until it gets here. I'm throwing away the rest of my cigarettes as soon as it does!

I'm just going to use the device as needed, to get over my smoking addiction. When I need a puff, I'll take a puff. Hopefully the device holds up! Either way, I'll be back to review it. :)

Grimm1111

Nov 12, 2018
Good luck with that one. 95% of all vaping gear is made in China.

A few years ago much of the gear from China was cheap stuff of questionable quality. Today, there are several China companies who have stepped up their game and offering quality gear.

That's unfortunate. But maybe it signals an opening for some enterprising individual out there to make higher-end vaping gear.

I would have bought it if there were any. I can't be the only person out there who values their health at over $60. Seems like a golden market opportunity to me.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
That's unfortunate. But maybe it signals an opening for some enterprising individual out there to make higher-end vaping gear.

I would have bought it if there were any. I can't be the only person out there who values their health at over $60. Seems like a golden market opportunity to me.

Except for all the hoops that the FDA is imposing. Makes it much harder for "Made in the USA" vaping gear :cry:

Reactions: Grimm1111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread