Help Mixing but adding different levels of nic later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrscorbin24

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Tennessee, United States
Ok I have looked but I can't find a answer yet.

I want to mix juice up at 60/40 with flavoring for them to steep, but because we vape different levels of nic. How or where would I go to know how much pg/vg to 15% flavoring and when I ready to add nic at any level I would know how much nic to how much pg/vg flavoring.

I use 60 mg/ml with 100% pg

I like 60pg/40vg

I hope this make sense

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Um, mix two different bottles at the two different nic strengths and seal them up and set them aside?

I'm not sure what flavoring you are using at 15% that requires steeping, but it seems pretty odd just with that info. I cannot think of a single recipe I have encountered that needs to steep with that much flavoring even with high VG, which your mix isn't...

If someone wanted to do the algebra, it's not that tough, but there is no final strengths to show examples with. We know your base is 60mg/ml, but not the targets of the two different bottles. That leaves out doing a pre-dilution too since we don't know the lower limit of the non-nic portion.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
You won't suffer much flavor loss bumping nic up (6mg to 12mg or 12mg to 18mg) slightly. Many shops actually mix base flavors only then add nic to the flavoring it as needed. This way they can customize adding menthol, sweeteners and even flavor boost without mixing the same juice 10 different ways. Some actually mix full batches of various nicotine strengths but those places usually charge more.

Mrscorbin24

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Tennessee, United States
Example only lets say I mix FW Skittles At 15% and I want a 60/40 for the end result, I have 60mg/ml PG nic and I want to make 100ml mixed together with flavoring and PG/VG and when I ready to make a 10ml of 6nic and one at 24 nic this is where I don't know how to mix to be able to do this. ( flavoring & PG/VG ) then how much nic later to get 6 nic and 24 nic, I hope I'm explaining myself to where some can help me figure it out.

csardaz

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
If you want to make a 24mg juice, you would have 40% of it being your nicotine (60mg in pg), you have another 40% you want VG. Leaves another 20% thats PG and flavor.

So you make a big bottle thats 20% PG&Flavors( so 15% skittles + 5% PG) + 40% glycerin
Its missing 40% of PG and Nic(60%inPG)

For 24mg you take 6ml from your big bottle and mix with 4ml of your 60mg nic =10ml@24mg
For 6mg you take 6ml from your big bottle and add 1ml of your 60mg nic + 3ml of plain PG = 10ml@6mg

Last edited:

Mrscorbin24

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Tennessee, United States
Lets use the recipes for example.

NLV Gold Clone

7.5% Bavarian Cream (TFA)
5%. RY4 Double (TFA)
2.5% Carmel Candy (TFA)
1.1% Butterscotch (FA)

Steep time 2 weeks for the flavor to fully develop.

It needs steeping........16.1 % flavoring this is where I get lost. How much PG/VG to mix to let it steep I wanting a 60/40 end result and working with NIC PG base 60mg/ml but I don't want to add nic till after the steeping to make 6 and 24 nic of 10 mil

Mrscorbin24

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Tennessee, United States
If you want to make a 24mg juice, you would have 40% of it being your nicotine (60mg in pg), you have another 40% you want VG. Leaves another 20% thats PG and flavor.

So you make a big bottle thats 20% PG&Flavors( so 15% skittles + 5% PG) + 40% glycerin
Its missing 40% of PG and Nic(60%inPG)

For 24mg you take 6ml from your big bottle and mix with 4ml of your 60mg nic =10ml@24mg
For 6mg you take 6ml from your big bottle and add 1ml of your 60mg nic + 3ml of plain PG = 10ml@6mg

So what you are saying there is no way of mixing a big bottle and all I would have to do is add nic to get both 6 and 24 nic without adding more PG to the 6 nic

Thanks in advance for helping me, try to figure all this out

Mrscorbin24

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Tennessee, United States
Yeah, that whole mg/ml thing is rather volume dependent.

Now, if you mixed a bottle of 36mg/ml and a bottle of 0mg/ml at your flavoring level and PG/VG ratio, you could then use those bottles to get any strength from 0 to 36mg/ml that you'd like.
Sent by big fingers on a tiny phone via Tapatalk

Ok if I did this how much of the 36mg/ml to the no nic to get 6 nic and 24 nic, Thanks for your help in advance

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
6/36=16.6. So about 17% of the 36mg/ml and the rest the no-Nic.

Check assuming a 10ml final bottle....36mg/ml * 1.7ml = 61mg. 61mg / 10ml = 6mg/ml.

There's the math for one. I'm going to assume that someone who is mixing nicotine and flavoring has enough math skills to get the other half of the question.
Sent by big fingers on a tiny phone via Tapatalk

ubergeek922

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Cincinnati
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you want, but wouldn't the Nic Combine function in eJuice Me Up help with this? Use your premixed flavor in Nicotine Base 1, 0mg, however much you want in ml. Then use Nicotine Base 2 for your Nic base, 36mg, then plug a number into ml, hit calculate. Adjust the ml of nic base 2 until you get your target strength.
ScreenShot.jpg

Mrscorbin24

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Tennessee, United States
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you want, but wouldn't the Nic Combine function in eJuice Me Up help with this? Use your premixed flavor in Nicotine Base 1, 0mg, however much you want in ml. Then use Nicotine Base 2 for your Nic base, 36mg, then plug a number into ml, hit calculate. Adjust the ml of nic base 2 until you get your target strength.
View attachment 359016

Thank you Ubergeek I played around with that page and realized what I was hoping to do I'm unable to do and keep my 60/40 on both 6 and 24 nic. But with you showing me that I have learned a lot about that area in that program Thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread