Help passing Nic Test!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Sub,

If you took the time to read the proposed FDA regs, you would should have seen phrases like "some people believe e-cigarettes are safer than smoking", contextually implying that this is an unfounded and mistaken belief. If you share this belief, let is know so we can give up on this discussion.

If you read Carl Phillips' response on behalf of the CASAA, you will plainly see that that the regulations were very poorly written, very poorly researched (and use citations so badly it would be a failure as a research paper), and very clearly biased against e-cigarette use.

If you had followed the issue, you would know that if the FDA wants to pass these regulations, there is nothing stopping them. If Congress decides to stop the regulations, they will need to propose and pass a bill themselves (fat chance). You would also know that the FDA receives approximately 40% of it's funding by approval fees for food and drugs: the pharmaceutical industry keeps the FDA alive, and their profits are being cut into by smoking cessation via vaporizing.

If you've paid attention the the CDC, they've also released some very very inept "analysis" on how e-cigarettes are being taken up by children. Can you guess why?

The point is, they've shown their intentions. These groups have negligible interest in public health, and no business regulating what they are very clearly biased against. This is not idle speculation, and will affect the future of vaping in the USA. I never thought about the FDA before this debacle, and now I will never think any good thoughts about them. If I may, "just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after us".

I do apologize for the further derailment of the thread, but the FDA is in no sense our friend, and I do believe all vapers should be aware of this fact.

None of this matters....Sub is convinced that profits and customer care/satisfaction are not synonymous and that a federal regulatory agency will be the ultimate arbiter. We as consumers are too stupid to decide these issues for ourselves.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think what I find Alarming is that Some Members here Feel we Should just Wait until Everything is Finalized, and the FDA is on it's way to the Federal Registry, and then we should Consider Talking about it.

This is Kinda Like Waiting for your House to Burn Down and then Calling the Fire Department.

Sure, at that Point we Will Know Exactly How Bad things are. But just like Waiting on the FDA, there Isn't going to be Anything to do About it.

sub4me

Moved On
Aug 31, 2014
USA
read, I have taken the time to read the proposals and I understand what your saying and what its says or at least implies. I also understand the FDA can and does as it feels necessary to protect the general public health. Imagine what would happen if there was no FDA regulations on food, medicine, and many other things.

I'm fully aware there are arguments to all sides of this but none of us knows what will happen yet. We can discuss this until the cows come home everyday but it will make no difference. Lets just wait to see what exactly plays out and then move forward with what we have. Either way there's little anyone can do concerning the FDAs decisions, they make the rules, and it's up to us to live within them.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I think what I find Alarming is that Some Members here Feel we Should just Wait until Everything is Finalized, and the FDA is on it's way to the Federal Registry, and then we should Consider Talking about it.

This is Kinda Like Waiting for your House to Burn Down and then Calling the Fire Department.

Sure, at that Point we Will Know Exactly How Bad things are. But just like Waiting on the FDA, there Isn't going to be Anything to do About it.

What exactly do you think you can do, when apparently the FDA is controlled by Big Pharma and BigTobacco? Lets not forget about Big Bad Government...

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
read, I have taken the time to read the proposals and I understand what your saying and what its says or at least implies. I also understand the FDA can and does as it feels necessary to protect the general public health. Imagine what would happen if there was no FDA regulations on food, medicine, and many other things.

I'm fully aware there are arguments to all sides of this but none of us knows what will happen yet. We can discuss this until the cows come home everyday but it will make no difference. Lets just wait to see what exactly plays out and then move forward with what we have. Either way there's little anyone can do concerning the FDAs decisions, they make the rules, and it's up to us to live within them.

And this is the major problem with all of this. My choice doesn't matter. The FDA will tell me what I can and can't have.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What exactly do you think you can do, when apparently the FDA is controlled by Big Pharma and BigTobacco? Lets not forget about Big Bad Government...

Sway Congressional Opinions.

Not Looking to get a Hard Core ANTZ to start using a Sub-Ohm Mech Mod. Just to Tone Down the Rhetoric and Consider More of the Possibilities that an e-Cigarette can bring to the Table.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

Not Looking to get a Hard Core ANTZ to start using a Sub-Ohm Mech Mod. Just to Tone Down the Rhetoric and Consider More of the Possibilities that an e-Cigarette can bring to the Table.

Congress is owned by Big Tobacco and Big Pharma and addicted to tobacco tax money, from what I gather on these boards...

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Lets not pretend vendors arent making giant profits on liquids because they are. Instead of trusting their sponsered independent testing that's paid for by the vendor I wouldnt mind seeing that the products they sell are tested by the FDA to insure they contain what were being told it does. This should be common sense.

The FDA doesn't test anything. The manufacturers pay for a test and send the results to the FDA, where some bureaucrat typically check off a box on the road to it being "approved". Generally the "reviewer" knows little about what they are loking at. They just scan for key words/phrases. (I work for another government review organization and see a lot of the same thing going on here)

Just as I buy food from local growers (farmer's markers, road side stands) and small producers (in their kitchen) liquids from them too.
And, like the ladies I buy bread, eggs, and jelly from, the local liquid producers don't make "giant profits" and couldn't afford the expenses.

Now the FDA wants to come in and tell me I can't buy their products?

As to a ban on e-cigs from China? Where do you think most of the stuff comes from?
All the popular tankes are imported as are most batteries (510, eGo, etc) and most of the mods too.
They may be designed in the states, but they would cost 3 times as much is US made.

Innokin, the maker of the MVP, is Chineese, based in Shenzhen About
So is Kanger Shenzhen Kanger technology is most innovated ecig manufacturer – KangerTech
And a bunch of others. Shenzhen appears to be the e-cig capital.

sub4me

Moved On
Aug 31, 2014
USA

I didn't like it when I was told I couldn't smoke at restaurants, the movies, the mall, airplanes, and everywhere else it isn't allowed. I hated it when big taxes were impose on my tobacco, and I don't like standing a hundred feet away from buildings marked as no smoking areas either. However I also realize I don't have a choice in these matters as long as I live here. Maybe I should move to Cambodia and do whatever I want. That's always an option if I desire it. Right now I choose to live in a society where all of us have choices and are free to do as we please in our own homes (within the law) as long as we are not harming or imposing our will on others.

The FDA isn't telling me Not to smoke in my home they are telling me I can't smoke anywhere I please. I don't like it but I choose to live in those parameters.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Wrong.

Congress is Collection of Self Seeking, Narcissistic Individuals who Highest Priority is to be Re-Elected.

Who happily do the bidding of those who line their campain coffers the most.
Only when public opinion reaches a signifigant level will they do much to damage them, and then it's minimized by the need for funds.

See above about the S-CHIP tobacco taxes.

And the regulatory agencies are always looking for more control, and more to control.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, but they need money to be re-elected. From day 1, a politician has to start raising money for the next campaign...

Absolutely they Do. But they Also Need Votes.

BTW - Why Can't a Pro e-Cigarette Group/Org Donate Money? Or is that Something that Only a ANTZ of Tobacco Company can do?

JoppaRoadCruiser

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
I didn't like it when I was told I couldn't smoke at restaurants, the movies, the mall, airplanes, and everywhere else it isn't allowed. I hated it when big taxes were impose on my tobacco, and I don't like standing a hundred feet away from buildings marked as no smoking areas either. However I also realize I don't have a choice in these matters as long as I live here. Maybe I should move to Cambodia and do whatever I want. That's always an option if I desire it. Right now I choose to live in a society where all of us have choices and are free to do as we please in our own homes (within the law) as long as we are not harming or imposing our will on others.

The FDA isn't telling me Not to smoke in my home they are telling me I can't smoke anywhere I please. I don't like it but I choose to live in those parameters.

What is wrong with you? Do you not understand that many of these things are decided legislatively....not via a regulatory body. You seem to be really confused.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Who happily do the bidding of those who line their campain coffers the most.
Only when public opinion reaches a signifigant level will they do much to damage them, and then it's minimized by the need for funds.

See above about the S-CHIP tobacco taxes.

And the regulatory agencies are always looking for more control, and more to control.

So it Sounds like Not Talking about things would be The Worst Thing Possible.

Because when people Think everything is Hunky Dory they don't tend to be very Active.

sub4me

Moved On
Aug 31, 2014
USA
Without any oversight [OTHER STUFF] would still allowed and now we are seeing e liquid that contains these same substances being sold. To think something doesn't need to be done is outrageous.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's safe to use. I prefer to have products I ingest inspected and FDA approved, sorry some of you don't feel that way. How would you feel if your local drug store was allowed to fill your next script with drugs shipped in from China with no oversight??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread