HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
ok, i just got this vaperesso target mini kit used from one of my friends. I cleaned the guardian tank by Separating it and putting it in warm water. Then after drying i put the tank back to the mod and it says check atomizer with an ohm reading of 9.9996!!!! My main concern is that the mod is broken cause the place i live in barely sells vape products , i dont mind if the tank is faulty. All i can tell you is when i put a metal object on the center pin of the mod it gives me an ohm reading . DOES THIS MEAN THAT MY TANK IS BROKEN? PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
ok, i just got this vaperesso target mini kit used from one of my friends. I cleaned the guardian tank by Separating it and putting it in warm water. Then after drying i put the tank back to the mod and it says check atomizer with an ohm reading of 9.9996!!!! My main concern is that the mod is broken cause the place i live in barely sells vape products , i dont mind if the tank is faulty. All i can tell you is when i put a metal object on the center pin of the mod it gives me an ohm reading . DOES THIS MEAN THAT MY TANK IS BROKEN? PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!!!
Hi and welcome.
Did you wash the coil as well as the tank?
1256e0368613b819499f0099ab7e3b14.jpg

Did you try a new coil?
IF you washed the coil, it may require up to 72 hours to dry completely. (a warm, dry environment speeds the process.)

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What did it say before? Also, did you make sure to replace the coil if you took it out for cleaning (sorry, just gotta ask) and make sure it was screwed in tight but finger tight? Are you using a new coil?

Also, it could be either the tank or the mod, or user error, really. Sometimes, gunk can build up in the 510 connection of the mod, and sometimes a tank will get stripped or otherwise not connect well to the mod.

If this is a friend, enlist his help. If this is a "friend" well, it's possible you were sold a faulty device. Do look at the tank pin, does it look stripped or otherwise damaged? You can try "gently" prying at the 510 connection to see if it's stuck. Do NOT use extreme force.

The easiest way to isolate the problem would be by trying the tank on different mods, or a different mod for the tank. I really can't say if it's one, both, or neither. Normally I'd suggest a vape shop to assist you in person, but it sounds like you may not have access to one.... If your pal is truly a pal though, perhaps he can help you figure out the equipment.

Hopefully someone will be along with more suggestions than I have. Best of luck and welcome.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello and welcome. If coil is wet drop in a alcohol bath and it will dry out within 2-3 hours. 5 click your fire button rapidly to shut device off without the tank on it, wait a few minutes and repeat the 5 clicks to turn it back on. Might just need to reset itself.

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
Hi and welcome.
Did you wash the coil as well as the tank?
1256e0368613b819499f0099ab7e3b14.jpg

Did you try a new coil?
IF you washed the coil, it may require up to 72 hours to dry completely. (a warm, dry environment speeds the process.)

Cheers
I
Yes i did wash the coil and the tank. And yes i dried it well,not 72 hours though 24 hours in rice.
What did it say before? Also, did you make sure to replace the coil if you took it out for cleaning (sorry, just gotta ask) and make sure it was screwed in tight but finger tight? Are you using a new coil?

Also, it could be either the tank or the mod, or user error, really. Sometimes, gunk can build up in the 510 connection of the mod, and sometimes a tank will get stripped or otherwise not connect well to the mod.

If this is a friend, enlist his help. If this is a "friend" well, it's possible you were sold a faulty device. Do look at the tank pin, does it look stripped or otherwise damaged? You can try "gently" prying at the 510 connection to see if it's stuck. Do NOT use extreme force.

The easiest way to isolate the problem would be by trying the tank on different mods, or a different mod for the tank. I really can't say if it's one, both, or neither. Normally I'd suggest a vape shop to assist you in person, but it sounds like you may not have access to one.... If your pal is truly a pal though, perhaps he can help you figure out the equipment.

Hopefully someone will be along with more suggestions than I have. Best of luck and welcome.

Anna
so

Anna
sorry for not saying that it worked perfectly fine at the start. I was just trying to fix the burnt taste.

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
Yes i did wash the coil and the tank. And yes i dried it well,not 72 hours though 24 hours in rice.

so

sorry for not saying that it worked perfectly fine at the start. I was just trying to fix the burnt taste.
And no im not using a new coil.and the point about the gunk build is unlikely since i swabed both connections with a q-tip.

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018

Anna
And one last thing i really need to know a method of knowing whether my mod is working or not. To be honest the only thing that makes me rested is the fact that my mod can still read ohms from other metal objects but not my tank, so my conclusion is the tank was faulty since that was the only thing i cleaned with water. And my friend said that my mod is completely fine. I really need your advice here!

• Creative

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What do you mean by "other metal objects" are you JAMMING random stuff down into your tank or what?

What exactly, is your mod reading, are you jamming STUFF down into the 510 pin???????????

OMG OMG OMG don't do that. Really, in either scenario you are just asking for an explosion.

The only thing you should ever try to get your MOD to read would be a tank with a 510 pin and some sort of coil inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were plunking stuff down where the coil goes and trying to get it to read, well, I'd be NOT shocked if your tank is toast, when it might have been salvageable, although I don't even.... See how that could even WORK? Gah? Because it would deform where the coil sits, probably, so if you had a slight problem before, you have a large one now.

If you are jamming metal objects down into your 510 pin and getting your mod to read the ohms, that is also very, very bad. It's a great way to bypass any and all "safety" mechanisms that your regulated mod provides, and just... don't do it.

Oy. Proceed directly to a good vape shop as well as reading lots of stuff about vaping, generally, you should NOT be "testing" your equipment that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggh.

Anna

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
Don't put your coils in rice. Have you put another atty on the mod?
I actually did lol, i just thought it would suck moisture faster. And may i ask whats an atty? If you mean atomizer no i dont and its cery hard to find vape shops where i live. But i can tell you this, my mod can read ohms from other metal objects like screw drivers etc. is this enough evidence that my tank is failty and not my mod?

• Disagree

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
What do you mean by "other metal objects" are you JAMMING random stuff down into your tank or what?

What exactly, is your mod reading, are you jamming STUFF down into the 510 pin???????????

OMG OMG OMG don't do that. Really, in either scenario you are just asking for an explosion.

The only thing you should ever try to get your MOD to read would be a tank with a 510 pin and some sort of coil inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were plunking stuff down where the coil goes and trying to get it to read, well, I'd be NOT shocked if your tank is toast, when it might have been salvageable, although I don't even.... See how that could even WORK? Gah? Because it would deform where the coil sits, probably, so if you had a slight problem before, you have a large one now.

If you are jamming metal objects down into your 510 pin and getting your mod to read the ohms, that is also very, very bad. It's a great way to bypass any and all "safety" mechanisms that your regulated mod provides, and just... don't do it.

Oy. Proceed directly to a good vape shop as well as reading lots of stuff about vaping, generally, you should NOT be "testing" your equipment that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aggh.

Anna
Omg no no i dont jam things i just barely make contact with other metal objects just enough to see a reading and i remive straight away! When i love you too my tank on my ohms reader read (9.996). Should i be really concerned now?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's enough evidence to me that you shouldn't be vaping at your knowledge level. You don't jam screwdrivers into your 510 pin to see if it will read "something." One thing that it will NEVER read is "You are participating in mod abuse, I am about to explode." It's not going to give you notice of THAT.

Also, now you don't know what's broken, since you are deforming your 510 pin in the process most likely. How did you even come UP with this idea.

Proceed directly to the nearest vape shop. Stop inserting things into your mod that don't belong there.

PLEASE get some "live" assistance.

Anna

• Love
Reactions: Baditude

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
It's enough evidence to me that you shouldn't be vaping at your knowledge level. You don't jam screwdrivers into your 510 pin to see if it will read "something." One thing that it will NEVER read is "You are participating in mod abuse, I am about to explode." It's not going to give you notice of THAT.

Also, now you don't know what's broken, since you are deforming your 510 pin in the process most likely. How did you even come UP with this idea.

Proceed directly to the nearest vape shop. Stop inserting things into your mod that don't belong there.

PLEASE get some "live" assistance.

Anna
Bro there is no vape shops here and no im not deforming my 510 pin i barely make contact. And csn you please explain to me why it reads ohms from other things but my tank!!!!! There must be a reason for this

• Creative

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
Bro there is no vape shops here and no im not deforming my 510 pin i barely make contact. And csn you please explain to me why it reads ohms from other things but my tank!!!!! There must be a reason for this
I came up with this idea since it made sense to me if it can read ohms from an object but cant read my tank's ohms then the tank is faulty. Simple as that and fyi i only did it twice in a span of two days.

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I assume because the mod is trying to do what it does, read a connection. If you're using metal, I guess it could "read" it but that isn't what your mod is for. Replace the tank and see what happens. The more metal things you jam into your 510 connection, the more risk you have of deforming it.

So you have (creatively) established your mod will read "things." Whether it will accept a DIFFERENT tank's (new) 510 pin, well you will have to get a tank to find out. However, since you have established your mod "reads" then stop putting things in it, ever, besides a new tank's 510 pin and I hope that it connects.

Anna

• Love
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread