HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
Well, I assume because the mod is trying to do what it does, read a connection. If you're using metal, I guess it could "read" it but that isn't what your mod is for. Replace the tank and see what happens. The more metal things you jam into your 510 connection, the more risk you have of deforming it.

So you have (creatively) established your mod will read "things." Whether it will accept a DIFFERENT tank's (new) 510 pin, well you will have to get a tank to find out. However, since you have established your mod "reads" then stop putting things in it, ever, besides a new tank's 510 pin and I hope that it connects.

Anna
Stop saying jamming . I barely make contact !!! But thank you though. So whats your conclusion is the tank or the mod faulty? Cause if you say the mod is faulty then my plans on getting a new tank is put on hold if other wise im getting one now!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks man. So what you mean is that my tank is more likely to be the faulty part of my setup not my mod! Right?
Z,
Trying a new coil is the next step in troubleshooting your problem.
IF a NEW coil does not work, then yes, it is the tank.

The mod should be just as it was before you washed the tank. Normal/functional.

Pop the batteries out and back in to give it a little reset.
If your display is showing 0.0Ω with NO atomizer attached; presume no issues.

In general, any ohm reading from the device without an atomizer/tank attached is a potentially fatal symptom and the device should be replaced. (Call your "Friend" for a refund)

Cheers
I

Last edited:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Z,
Trying a new coil is the next step in troubleshooting your problem.
IF a NEW coil does not work, then yes, it is the tank.

The mod should be just as it was before you washed the tank. Normal/functional.

Pop the batteries out and back in to give it a little reset.
If your display is showing 0.0Ω with NO atomizer attached; presume no issues.

Any ohm reading from the device without an atomizer/tank attached is a potentially fatal symptom and the device should be replaced. (Call your "Friend" for a refund)

Cheers
I
Izan, my older Tesla will read 9.9 ohms when no atty attached. This is dependent on the mod. Most now seem to say 'Check Atomizer' and refuse to readout ohms. 9.9 ohm reading is close enough to an open circuit, that it wouldn't get any power, anyway. I am sure he has an open circuit (bad connection) or broken coil. He just needs to replace the coil, and stop wasting time.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes i did wash the coil and the tank. And yes i dried it well,not 72 hours though 24 hours in rice.
This thread is both amusing and mess. :shock:

There are so many things going on that its impossible to determine exactly what is going on now. A better process of elimination would have been wiser than what took place. At this point in time, it could be a defective mod, defective tank, a bad coil, or all three combined.

"Check atomizer" usually means something is wonky with the coil, or the tank itself.

My first guess with the initial problem of a strange ohm reading is the tank was reassembled incorrectly, or the coil was inserted incorrectly. The coil or the tank itself might have been cross-threaded.

images
cross threaded tank connector

Considering the current state of affairs, I would again disassemble the tank, use a new "primed" replacement coil, and carefully reassemble the tank. Make certain the coil and tank threads are not cross-threaded. Put the tank on the mod, making sure you don't cross-thread the tank connector on the mod, and press the fire button just enough to get a new ohm reading.

If you still get a strange ohm reading, consider trying a different tank.

If you still get a strange ohm reading with a new tank, perhaps the circuit board got shorted enough to fry an electrical component on the board.

Another thing to consider is the mod's center pin got pushed into the mod enough that it can't muster an accurate coil reading. This can occur from over-tightening the tank onto the mod.

Last edited:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
No it doesnt read the coil's resistance! The ohm reading before i Put the tank with the coil in is the same reading when i remove the tank. Its 9.996!!!
If it reads 9.9xx without atomizer on it, and same WITH atomizer, that should tell you that you have an open circuit...ie. NO connection! If you have a multimeter, and check resistance between the threaded section and center pin of your tank, you can read the resistance directly. Coils are cheap. Get a new one.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
This thread is a mess. :shock:

There are so many things going on that its impossible to determine exactly what is going on. A better process of elimination would have been wiser than what took place. At this point in time, it could be a defective mod, defective tank, a bad coil, or all three combined.

My first guess with the initial problem of a strange ohm reading is the tank was reassembled incorrectly, or the coil was inserted incorrectly. The coil or the tank itself might have been cross-threaded.

images
cross threaded tank connector

Considering the current state of affairs, I would again disassemble the tank, use a new "primed" replacement coil, and carefully reassemble the tank. Make certain the coil and tank threads are not cross-threaded. Put the tank on the mod, making sure you don't cross-thread the tank connector on the mod, and press the fire button just enough to get a new ohm reading.

If you still get a strange ohm reading, consider trying a different tank.

If you still get a strange ohm reading with a new tank, perhaps the circuit board got shorted enough to fry an electrical component on the board.

Another thing to consider is the mod's center pin got pushed into the mod enough that it can't muster an accurate coil reading. This can occur from over-tightening the tank onto the mod.

Reactions: stols001

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Zizoboi, If you are still there, it is extremely unlikely that your mod had any problem. Until you stared sticking random bits of metal in the 510. You only messed about with the tank, so that is where your focus should be. Doesn't the friend who sold you the mod have another tank you can try?

Zizoboi

Apr 21, 2018
Izan, my older Tesla will read 9.9 ohms when no atty attached. This is dependent on the mod. Most now seem to say 'Check Atomizer' and refuse to readout ohms. 9.9 ohm reading is close enough to an open circuit, that it wouldn't get any power, anyway. I am sure he has an open circuit (bad connection) or broken coil. He just needs to replace the coil, and stop wasting time.
Thanks bro really needed this. I was really scared that the mod itself is faulty!!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread