Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Hey y'all !
Basically after my limitless proved to be a frustrating experience i got myself the serpent smm, decent clouds with tons of flavor for sure ! But the thing is ever since i left the shop i noticed the airflow keeps getting flooded, i tried re wicking to no avail and now i'm in dire need of a solution as i kept hearing that thing was basically "dumb proof " and very forgiving with wicks. I do not want to return it but i can't see myself loving a tank that keeps leaking every time i put it down.

Again i've tried re wicking twice with no fix yet, no idea what i'm doing wrong, i even built the thing in front of the clerk who assured me it was more than fine, didn't have the time to go back since they're about to close as i'm writting this. Any ideas or fixes are welcome as i've got no clue what's going on.

The only thing i've understood by doing some research is that the juice well under the deck gets flooded because too much juice gets in, but i've got no idea how to fix it or if there's even a fix for this.

Thank again peeps ! :D

Edit: forgot to add that i sometimes if not alot of times get dry/burnt hits

Reactions: stols001

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
It is strange that you have leaking out of the airflow & dry hits at the same time.

What coils & what size i.d. are they? Wicked with Organic cotton? Do you have the cotton snug in the coils & fluffed out, do you have the wick ends touching the bottom of the juice well or is it just flush with the wick channels?

If you post a pic of your build with specs it would be easier for us to help you.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
It is strange that you have leaking out of the airflow & dry hits at the same time.

What coils & what size i.d. are they? Wicked with Organic cotton? Do you have the cotton snug in the coils & fluffed out, do you have the wick ends touching the bottom of the juice well or is it just flush with the wick channels?

If you post a pic of your build with specs it would be easier for us to help you.
I'm using the provided coils in the box which are most likely either fused or stappled clapton reading at about .25 0hm at 2.5-3mm.
cotton is cotton bacon v2,combed just a tiny bit and just tight enough it dosen't pull the coil so there's barely any resistance wicks at first we're right below then i tried hanging down at the bottom, now went back to just below the build deck and i basically just tried to expand the cotton before priming it (basically made it look larger to cover more of the sides.

Will try to post a pic tomorrow,unless it leaks again or if i get dry hits, atm i took a break (nicotine overdose) so won't really know until i take another hit but haven't seen it leaked since i wicked it a 3rd time praying for the best :pop:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Watch Matt's Suck my mod review for SMM. His wicking worked pretty well for me. I had good luck with 2.5 and 3mm coils. Coil placement might be your problem. I put my coil so bottom half of coil is in front of af.
The exact thing i did before posting this but atm wicked it 3 times since i left the vape shop, only time will tell if i managed to get it right (basically i used more cotton on the 3rd time compared to the other 2 so the juice holes are covered nicely to prevent more leaks). Again i'll post a pic of my build tomorrow, i haven't touched it since i filled it and no visible leaks from the afc this time, who knows maybe that was my issue the entire time lol (ie: not enough cotton, even though the clerk guided me and told me it was pretty perfect).

NB: the coil was centered with the af hitting the top and bottom of the coil itself, no issues there tbh

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Are sure it is leaking and not just spray from firing coil? Some people had an oring missing on theirs. I had good luck with mine, just couldn't get as good a flavor as Nano.

More than sure lolz I easily see the liquid stuck in the af ring and everytime i try and push it out big azz leak. Though i took a couple puffs right before writting this and flavor is not there yet but i can taste that sweet sweet hazelnut still tinkering with it though and thx for the coupon but you can keep it ahah :p I've got no money for more stuff atm as i've already blowned through more than intended cash wise :lol::lol: the serpent had GIGANTIC clouds and badass flavor when i first vaped it idk what happened but seems i won't get that same experience twice i guess :p

Edit: will probably change juices tomorrow see if it makes a difference taste wise since i'm currently vaping a hazelnut coffee which is pretty darn good but hard to taste imo
Edit 2 : It leaked after refill -.- AGAIN ! and now the flavor is pretty muted tbh i can barely taste anything whenever i take a puff on it. Will probably wick again tomorrow.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Good luck, QC. Have you tried rayon yet? I had trouble with my builds leaking until I switched and I've been consistently been able to build on all my RTAs without leaks since starting using it. It's cheap, wicks last longer before burning, and (IMO) it's easier to wick. You could check out the large rayon thread that's around... The folks on there got me up and wicking correctly after two posts. It's cheaper than buying another RTA/RDA, honestly. :)

Best of luck either way, that's too bad you are having trouble. At least it's somewhat intermittent now? So progress. But, good luck.

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
did you check the breakdown to be sure no oring is missing?let us know how you fixed it when you do.maybe all you need is my reassurance you can fix it.
No Orings are missing it dosen't leak constantly (unless i put too little cotton)
I also know i'll get it somehow XD i just don't know how, i've never had this trouble with my baby beast rba 0.0
@stols001 I have not but i'm loaded with cotton already for now so it'll have to wait as i don't wanna waste all that cotton bacon :D

@Heartsdelight I knew a bout this from the instruction booklet lol (i don't usually read those but i had to check typos in the french section of it :lol:).

As of writting this i already took a couple puffs with my coffee and no leaks apparently even though the juice level is low in the tank i'll have to refill since my wicks aren't low enough to get that juice in the tank (or so that's what i think). Might still re wick again later to try another juice and see if it's me that dosen't taste.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Update: i refilled the tank which again leaked (by leaking i mostly mean liquids accumulating in the afc ring which seems to go away when i start vaping and pushing it out, but still has liquid coming through right above the ring)

What i'm wondering atm is : is it possible i'm not pulling hard enough when i vape it and in return flood the juice well in the deck itself ? I'm still new to all this and i've never found out if i was pulling hard enough or too softly.
Will add pictures of the deck itself later today as i'm trying to empty the tank first since i'm gonna re wick it probably.

Will also add that even though i'm having multiple issues,i still largely prefer this to the limitless, my only con atm is the filling issue (ie having to put it upside down before opening the airflow back)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Update: i refilled the tank which again leaked (by leaking i mostly mean liquids accumulating in the afc ring which seems to go away when i start vaping and pushing it out, but still has liquid coming through right above the ring)

What i'm wondering atm is : is it possible i'm not pulling hard enough when i vape it and in return flood the juice well in the deck itself ? I'm still new to all this and i've never found out if i was pulling hard enough or too softly.
Will add pictures of the deck itself later today as i'm trying to empty the tank first since i'm gonna re wick it probably.

Will also add that even though i'm having multiple issues,i still largely prefer this to the limitless, my only con atm is the filling issue (ie having to put it upside down before opening the airflow back)
Leave wicks just touching the deck next time you wick

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
So i've just rewicked again filled it turned upside down wait a bit open airflow NO LEAKS (yet) :thumbs: but here's a couple pics of the deck (forgot to take one before closing it with the wicks my bad)
iUItJ8H.jpg

JdYQ2Px.jpg

CGFZowW.jpg

First one is the leak from the top of the afc ring and the flooded reservoir under the deck
the 2 others is my coil (again it came in the box and i checked for hotspots twice)
Basically what i did is lowered the coil so the top airflow hits the top and middle of the coil (picture taken before adjustments)
My wicks we're cut using scissors right at the deck, i just lined it with the base horizontaly and cut each side, it lets the cotton below just a tad but not far. No idea what the flavor and stuff will be but i'm letting it soak in a bit.
Btw @Letitia i'm not sure what you mean by touching the deck..... did you mean below it ? cause if the wicks aren't fully through the holes it might cause issues (or so i've read)

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Cut tails so once in tail slots they are touching the bottom your deck, what you call the juice well. Also raise your coil a bit.
raised the coil more made the tails longer and thinner (because i keep hearing if you're gonna let them that deep thin them out more)
5veH3Hv.jpg

7qsIDuz.jpg

iU543js.jpg

after all i've done before this rewick i was still getting dry hits galore even though not long before it was fine.... Starting to thing i've got a dud one now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread