Help with filling a 510 cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcijohn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
NY
I want to try a carto for the times i can't fill and bought these Empty Joye 510 Cartomizers for 510 or eGo I took off the 2 caps at the mouth piece expecting to see a center hole to fill from and I see a center tube/hole that seems to be sealed shut with molded plastic but next to it a half circle is wide open I have never done this and expected at least batting visible what am I missing I did buy a blunt hypo

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
You need to pierce the "membrane" in the center tube that you mentioned. Membrane is used pretty loosely in my mind because it takes a good bit of force to get through it. I've had the best luck using a large safety pin heated a little to help melt through the plastic. Makes a nice hole that is large enough to take that 18 ga blunt needle. Then you attach the blunt 18 ga to a 3 - 5 ml syringe and add your juice through that hole you just made. I find at best I can get 1.75 - 1.9 ml into a new one. It's a good idea to go very slowly to let the juice soak in well. You could also spin the carto (Taryn spin??? not sure of the name) to help push the juice into the filling. If you push the juice too fast, it will just come out the end hole or come up through the half circle you saw. You certainly can't push the fluid quickly like you would on an IV port. Have to go slow.... maybe if the juice is of low viscosity, you could go a little faster..... all my juice is pretty thick, so I can't say for sure. But that is the general "drift" of how to fill it.
I really like the vapor you get from it. Once in a while right after filling I'll hear a little gurgling. Probably too much juice.
When it comes to refilling, I've never quite figured out how to know exactly when to do so. I don't want to run it so dry that I might burn the filling and trash it, so I generally will add say .5 - .75 ml after a couple of hours of use. I'm probably being way to conservative, but I'd rather keep it wet in there than run it dry and ruin it. Hope this helped a little........

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I'm not meaning to beg off, but I'm very new to cartos..... hopefully someone with greater knowledge of them can answer that one. I have yet to figure out how how much to put in and not overfill.
I want to say they are not the megas, but please don't hold me to that. I did a search using "Boge cartomizers" as the subject and found several threads that pertained to the 510 cartos and others as well, so you may luck out by doing that. Just a thought.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Having never bought prefilled cartos, I can not honestly answer that question, but my guess would be that the membrane is intact. Someone on ECF must have bought prefilled ones who could answer that question with greater authority. You might also write and ask that question to a vendor. They certainly should have the definitive answer...... sorry again about being vague with you...... not meaning to do so on purpose....

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
You need to pierce the "membrane" in the center tube that you mentioned. Membrane is used pretty loosely in my mind because it takes a good bit of force to get through it. I've had the best luck using a large safety pin heated a little to help melt through the plastic. Makes a nice hole that is large enough to take that 18 ga blunt needle. Then you attach the blunt 18 ga to a 3 - 5 ml syringe and add your juice through that hole you just made. I find at best I can get 1.75 - 1.9 ml into a new one. It's a good idea to go very slowly to let the juice soak in well. You could also spin the carto (Taryn spin??? not sure of the name) to help push the juice into the filling. If you push the juice too fast, it will just come out the end hole or come up through the half circle you saw. You certainly can't push the fluid quickly like you would on an IV port. Have to go slow.... maybe if the juice is of low viscosity, you could go a little faster..... all my juice is pretty thick, so I can't say for sure. But that is the general "drift" of how to fill it.
I really like the vapor you get from it. Once in a while right after filling I'll hear a little gurgling. Probably too much juice.
When it comes to refilling, I've never quite figured out how to know exactly when to do so. I don't want to run it so dry that I might burn the filling and trash it, so I generally will add say .5 - .75 ml after a couple of hours of use. I'm probably being way to conservative, but I'd rather keep it wet in there than run it dry and ruin it. Hope this helped a little........

This works great (Taryn spin):
DSC01838.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread