Status
Not open for further replies.

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I've been using 808 cartos with a 510 adapter and they've been working out pretty good. So I read somewhere on the forums here that the 510 cartos held much more juice and were great. So I ordered some from nHaler and I'm not feelin the love. These are silver threaded with a very easily removable soft top plug. But they kinda suck. They seem to run out of juice like really fast and when I refill, they fill up with only about 10 drops!! The 808's would take 15 or more on a refill. I read in several places that these should hold 30 - 40 drops!!! Not even close!

The box they came in has an SGS logo on it.

So what's the deal? Are these just lame 510 cartos or are there some better ones out there?

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I don't know what manufacturer Nhaler uses, but I thought that they were higher resistance than all the other 510 cartos out there, so maybe they were made especially for Drew.

Here's the pics of the Boge & SLB. Sorry, the Boge is used & the SLB is new. The Boge on the left has a black coil coming up the middle and the SLB on the right has a plastic retainer ring like the V4L cartos do and no black ring that I can see:

005-1.jpg

Here's the SLB by itself:

004.jpg

Just looks packed much tighter with material than the Boges.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Quitter: they hold 35-40 drops EASY, but you have to spin them to do it. :) (but the codom filling methos is NOT recomended, you should always fill from the top. Reason is condom method fills the airspace where the threads are with juice, and doesn't allow for best airflow.

YouTube - A double demo! The Cartomizer Condom Filling Method, and the Taryn Spin.

Redgirl: If you look a little closer into your cartos you'll see that the SLB has a coil that is horizontal and the Boge is vertical.

Last edited:

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Well, I'm trying to find out who carries what and this is all I know so far for blank 510 cartos:

-madvapes: Boge
-vaporkings: used to be Boge, but now SLB, hopefully they will change back to Boge
-nhaler: ? (I think maybe Boge)
-altsmoke: ? (maybe Boge by the picture)
-cloudsofvapor: ? Boge, just got a pack from Bigbuyer
-cigeasy: Boge
-litecig: ? (Shawn said the hard tips were Boge, but didn't say what the soft tips were)
-eastmall: Boge
-eliquidplanet: ?
-liquidxpress: Boge
-ecigsupply: ? (they have a quantity discount and asked on their forum what kind)
-ikenvape: SLB
-trueman-ecig: ?
-cigtechs: look like Boge from the picture

If anyone knows the manufacturer from a particular vendor or has other vendors to add, let me know!

Just a few updates, any input appreciated!

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well, I'm trying to find out who carries what and this is all I know so far for blank 510 cartos:

-madvapes: Boge
-vaporkings: used to be Boge, but now SLB, hopefully they will change back to Boge
-nhaler: ? (I think maybe Boge)
-altsmoke: ? (maybe Boge by the picture)
-cloudsofvapor: ? Boge, just got a pack from Bigbuyer
-cigeasy: Boge
-litecig: ? (Shawn said the hard tips were Boge, but didn't say what the soft tips were)
-eastmall: Boge
-eliquidplanet: ?
-liquidxpress: Boge
-ecigsupply: ? (they have a quantity discount and asked on their forum what kind)
-ikenvape: SLB
-trueman-ecig: ?
-cigtechs: look like Boge from the picture

If anyone knows the manufacturer from a particular vendor or has other vendors to add, let me know!

Just a few updates, any input appreciated!
Well I don't think you can go by the picture if a supplier has changed vendors. LiteCig's pic is the original one, pre-change.

Some ohm readings would certainly be nice. The OP's un-named 510 at 2.7Ω is not much help. If it's Joye 510 his meter is off.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
the problem with using an 808 adapter is it ....s up the airflow.

I recently read that you can adjust the airflow on the small metal adapters by turning the screw head that's on one end. I tried it and yep it works. Unfortunately I kept playing with it and ruined the silicone tips inside and now it won't hold tight.

Kekemon

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
USA
Just got an order of 10 with soft tips from litecig. Pretty amazing so far, but I'm worried. The threads are bronze colored - does that mean SLB? If so, should I be terribly worried about their quality compared to boge?

Anyway, the filling was a breeze and the vapor is enormous. Biggest bonus: Easy switching between them for my different liquid flavors. Whee!

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Just got an order of 10 with soft tips from litecig. Pretty amazing so far, but I'm worried. The threads are bronze colored - does that mean SLB? If so, should I be terribly worried about their quality compared to boge?

Anyway, the filling was a breeze and the vapor is enormous. Biggest bonus: Easy switching between them for my different liquid flavors. Whee!

Pretty sure they're SLB. I only use 5V and the Boges perform the best for me at that voltage. Haven't tried them on 3.7 but some people have said that they're leaky. It's whatever you prefer, ya know?

Kekemon

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
USA
Pretty sure they're SLB. I only use 5V and the Boges perform the best for me at that voltage. Haven't tried them on 3.7 but some people have said that they're leaky. It's whatever you prefer, ya know?

I use a stock Tornado, which I think is only 3.1. There is some leaking/flooding/something when you first load it up, but after that it seems fine. Ahh well - if it's not Boge, so be it. I'm still liking them more than regular cart/atty.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I just got some blank 510 cartomizers yesterday (the soft cap ones from litecigusa). I popped the cap off, no problem, and below that was a little silicone ring. I also had to remove that in order to add juice, but wasn't sure if I was supposed to put the silicone ring back in or not. I left it out and this thing seems fine. Does that ring actually serve a purpose or was it just there to help hold everything in place during shipping? Anyone know?

Last edited:

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
The inner silicone ring (washer) helps to keep juice from leaking and to prevent juice from getting in the mouth.

Ah. That might explain why I'm getting occasional spurts of liquid through the end cap even though I know this thing is not overfilled. Maybe I better try out that silicone ring ;)

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I use a stock Tornado, which I think is only 3.1...
I thought that too, but Kent recently corrected me. The eGO (including TW's Tornado branding) is more like 3.4V: less than true 3.7V, but more than the 510 batt's 3.1 ... and, it seems, plenty for that amazing 510 atty. [I still don't know how that little thing can generate so much vapor from 3.1V.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread