The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

help with Nautilus 2 please

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by N2rock, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. N2rock

N2rock Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    Yeah, it's easy enough. I just got so used to not having to remove the tank (from my mod) to fill. So it's just an extra step. But I'm so glad you turned me on to this tank. Getting the airflow set perfect, and then never having to touch it again is just great. And I'm getting 4+ days out of the coil. So I have no complaints.

So, what makes the real Kabuki any better?

• Like Like x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    More flavor. More precise machining I think. I got the original before the clone so perhaps I am biased, but to make it taste more like the original (it never quite gets there) I have to run it at higher wattage than the original.

With that said, I'm not entirely certain if the difference in price is going to make it worth it. It was for me, but I started with the original. It was my first, "OMG, will I really pay this much for vape equipment" moment. The clone is pretty good, but I think the original does shine. I just hesitate to go on and on about it as the price difference is rather immense, and you may not find you prefer it, everyone's different. I do note a marked flavor increase, and just all around easier to handle. I don't think there's any huge rush if you are happy with what you have.

If you want the "full" Kabuki experience I don't think you'll be dissatisfied exactly, well except for your pocket book.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  3. N2rock

Jan 29, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    What wattages are you running?

I'm finding 10.5 is my sweet spot. If I go higher, it burns the coil. If I go lower, I don't get good flavor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I vape mine at 9.8 watts but depending on which mod I use, it will be slightly different. I also prefer the 1.6 coil over the 1.8 or 0.7 (although it doesn't come with the N2 tank) it's the perfect amount of slightly lower resistance for me without going all the way to 0.7. But, my wattages tend to be pretty puny for the most part...

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  5. redeuce

redeuce Ultra Member Verified Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    I run 4 volts with the 1.8 coil in my Provaris= about 8.9 watts

• Like Like x 1
  6. N2rock

Jan 29, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    on my Kabuki clone (using a Inokin MVP4) I'm running 4.37 volts with 1.8 coil (10.5 watts). Seems anything less gives me very little flavor. I'm happy vaping at this. It works for me. My wife runs 8 watts on her T22, and is happy at that amount.

• Like Like x 2
  7. R.Savage

R.Savage Senior Member

Aug 5, 2017
    I use the 0.7 ohm coils in the nautilus 2 I have run 75 25 65 35 and 80 20 never had a wicking problem. I find the 1.8 too small.

You can run the 0.7 ohm successfully at 11 watts .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.