Help with (new) rebuildable atomizer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
So, a few weeks ago I got a phoenix clone atomizer for the first time. Dang thing ROCKS. I was even able to replace the wick the first time without problem. So I ordered two more, one for my wife and a spare.

I give my wife her's she washes it, check the ohms on my ProVari and she is good to go. Fills it an ... nothing. She has a tube VV. So if thought it my be the cut-off. I try it back on my ProVari and get an E1 error. Hummm. Maybe a bad coil. I replace it, check it with my multi-meter and it looks great 3.2 ohms (both screw to screw and at the connection). But on the ProVari - E1. Even on the lowest voltage.

thoughts? bad atomizer? Oh, the spare worked perfectly....

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
No one chiming in? All i can tell you is that sometimes the Provari can be really picky. I would check the center pin of the 510 connection. make sure its make contact. Other than that man I dunno, good luck and I hope it works out.

That was a good idea. I checked it and it seams OK. It is working with both of the others I have. Also, I have tried this on two tube VV (Apollo) and the Provari. Does not work on any of them.

Make sure none of the coils touches each other and that there are no tails sticking out touching the body from the terminals

Another good idea. I pulled a lope from my watch repair gear and studied it closely. I could not see anything that might be shorting it out.

The bazaar thing is that it checking it on a multimeter it is working fine. No shorts. Must be something in the base - when it is seated on the PV, it shorts it somehow.

Worst case, I can pull the screws from this one. With my original one the screws are rusting already. So, not a total loss.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
Eureka. Its was the base. Right after I wrote that I looked at the base. inserted a small tool and pushed just a hair where the center post on the atomizer was closest to the negative outer connection. Voila.

There was a small piece of metal --- and I mean SMALL -- causing the short. Phew. :laugh:

Thanks!

Should I trust it at all? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread