Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
I'm not sure why but last week I bought a pack of cigarettes. I have been vaping since October 16th and was doing awesome. Then once the weather changed and t started getting colder I really had the urge to smoke again. During the winter months I smoke Kools, there is just something about the taste of mint that I associate with winter. I have ordered some menthol juice that sould be arriving soon. But along with the taste I am also finding myself craving an analog over vaping. I'm not sure if this is because I cut down on the nic level, I went from 11mg to 6mg, or if it is the fact that I'm not recieving the TH from the current juice I have, or what. I am trying REALLY hard not to smoke but it seems to be getting worse by the day. Everytime I smoke I feel guilty, but find myself going to get another one later.
I guess I'm asking for some helpful tips to not grab for another analog. Also I guess I need to know I'm not a failure.:(

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
You are not alone....I bought a pack Sunday and I have been vaping since August. I still have an analog (that I bum) once in awhile but a pack - come on self. Difference now when I do smoke an analog it doesn't taste good, I can REALLY smell it on myself and I am disgusted AND in three days I already feel worse again. Plus why do I want to go outside in this cold weather. Who knows.....BUT in my opinion ordering some menthol was a great idea and maybe you do need to have 11 mg and 6 mg on hand. I am down to 6 on alot of my juices but sometimes I refill with 12 or sometimes 18 for awhile and then go back to 6 mg.

Just remember - even at 11mg you are still treating your body better than you were with analogs.

As far as failure goes - NO WAY! Just taking the step to get away from analogs proves that! Keep up the good work and one stepback...SO WHAT....stick with it!

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
I had that problem at some point as well and felt guilty as crap. You didn't say what nicotine level you were smoking before or how much but you probably aren't getting enough nicotine. Don't try to cut down too quickly or it will lead to cravings. I smoked 2p/day Marlboro Reds which have about 1.2mg nicotine/cig so i started with 36mg liquid when i first switched. Find online what your cig had and multiply by the number of cigs you smoked per day to get total mg of nic per day. You'll need to consume about the same total nicotine per day in vapor to prevent withdrawal. Monitor about how many ml of liquid you vape on average day and you can figure out what mg of nic you need to get the same total mg per day.

When it comes to TH, i feel your pain... I was used to huge TH from the Reds and it wasn't till i got a HV mod that i got the TH back that i had been missing. I can't say this too many times... For me it's really all about the TH. Flavor is ok and vaper is nice but without TH i couldn't have quit cigs for the almost 2 years i'v been vaping. If you don't really need to feel like you have a cig hanging out of your lips you can try a HV device with regular attys or a 3.7v mod with LR attys if you want to try one on the cheap but they are larger than the mini ecigs. Madvapes sells the vapestack 3.7v mod pretty cheap and the XSHaler by Nhaler is decent too if you want single battery mods. Browse the forums and there are all kinds of variations but i simply havent found anything that will make TH until you go HV or LR. If the bucks aren't a prob, check out the forums on the new ProVari by Provape as it looks real promising as well. Stay with the PG based juices if you arent' sensitive to it as I found the VG based/blended don't have the warmth and TH of the PG liquids.

Last edited:

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Get some higher nic vape juice.

There are all kinds of menthols and different mints out there...order some 3-5ml sizes and then you will be occupied discovering which one you like best, which one (if any) taste like your cig menthol. It only takes a few vapes of it and it will help with those cravings.

Use the higher nic whenever and immediately when you get that urge to "light one up". Even tell yourself that after vaping, if you still "want" a cig, you can have one. It's the mind addiction that stays much longer than your body missing the 4,000 chemicals in the cigs.

One of the things that hooks us with the "stinkies" is that they are so darn convenient because we've made them our "friends" for years.

Good luck. You are not "failing" because you have an analoge every now and then. Everyone does this differently. I would have a "stinkie" on the way to work for almost a year...it's the other 19 to 30 a day that I avoided that gave me my success.

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
Thank you everyone for all of your support. I agree that the nic level was a too low too quick. Can mixing two 6mg juices together get you 12mg juice? I'm still farly new to this so I'm not to sure. @Reggaegeek, I am with you on the TH. I smoked 1-1.5 packs of Pall Malls a day so I crave the hit more then the taste. I was even telling my friend who turned me on to vaping that flavors don't do it for me...Let's be honest no one starts smoking analogs becuase they taste good. I am running a 3.7V batt but last month bought some regular 510 attys. I didn't think about the Lr attys giving more TH, but once I got the new attys I started thinking more and more about analogs. I guess that plus the lower nic were just too much.

I means a lot to know that there are others that are struggling with the same things. I KNOW that vaping is better. I feel better and tastes things again, not to mention I'm getting a lot more kissing and hugging from the wife ;) Reading these has really helped. Along with the Menthol juice I ordered I also picked up a couple LR attys for backups, but I just might brake em in as soon as they arrive.

OgreLokon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Can mixing two 6mg juices together get you 12mg juice?

That's not quite how it works. Think of it as an average (with equal amounts of the different juice) instead of a total. To mix a 6mg juice into a 12mg, you'd have to mix it with an equal amount of 18 mg.

(6+18)/2=12

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Good job, and higher nic is always good to have around, at least some supply of the next level up from your normal use mg.

If you like menthol, and sometimes juice needs a bit more nudge, you can pick up some menthol crystals from any of the many vendors who sell do-it-yourself supplies (like onestopdoityourself, or The Perfumers Apprentice, or Blue Mist Vaping). Add just a little bit of crushed menthol crystals to a given juice, shake it to dissolve them (or let the bottle soak in a cup of warm water -- heat helps them dissolve), and you'll have something with a bit of extra oomph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread