Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hey @Mooch !

Don't know how, or if it is even possible, to ask Mooch to review a battery (or a type of battery).

I would like Mooch to review/test more "MTL batteries", and not only High Amp rating ones.
    This time I am speaking particularly of 26650 batteries.

For example I vape, on a regulated mod, between 15-20W. So I would need 7A (10A) rated batteries. This means I could have a lot more mAh in my batteries.
    I only see tests for 26650 batteries for 20A or more. And they are all a little low on mAh.

I am waiting for stock to buy these batteries:
    NKON | Keeppower IMR 26650 6000mAh - 20A - 26650 size - Rechargeable batteries
    keeppower-imr60000_1_1.jpg

I would like to know if @Mooch has anything to say about them, especially if they really are 6000mAh or close. This is a lot more mAh then say, a popular iJoy 26650 (4200mAh I think).

These batteries would be perfect for my Geekvape Aegis and 15W vape ;)

Thanks you!

At 20W you are up near 7A of current draw. This is a LOT for a ultra-high capacity 7A battery and even for a 10A one. They are very inefficient at levels this high and the voltage sag is severe. You can often get more vaping time from a more efficient 20A battery with lower capacity just because the 20A battery will hold its voltage up for longer before hitting the mod’s cutoff voltage.

Most of the batteries I choose for testing are a result of a large number of requests from the community. High current rated batteries are requested at least 200 times more often so those are the ones tested the most often.

I don’t know anything about that Keeppower but if I get a lot more requests I can add it to the testing queue. The queue is about 10-12 weeks deep now though.

The only thing I can recommend now is to try both the Keeppower and the Shockli I tested and see which works better for the way you vape. It’s a little more money but you’ll be using them for years and that investment will pay off every day with longer vaping time.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hey @Mooch !

Don't know how, or if it is even possible, to ask Mooch to review a battery (or a type of battery).

I would like Mooch to review/test more "MTL batteries", and not only High Amp rating ones.
    This time I am speaking particularly of 26650 batteries.

For example I vape, on a regulated mod, between 15-20W. So I would need 7A (10A) rated batteries. This means I could have a lot more mAh in my batteries.
    I only see tests for 26650 batteries for 20A or more. And they are all a little low on mAh.

I am waiting for stock to buy these batteries:
    NKON | Keeppower IMR 26650 6000mAh - 20A - 26650 size - Rechargeable batteries
    keeppower-imr60000_1_1.jpg

I would like to know if @Mooch has anything to say about them, especially if they really are 6000mAh or close. This is a lot more mAh then say, a popular iJoy 26650 (4200mAh I think).

These batteries would be perfect for my Geekvape Aegis and 15W vape ;)

Thanks you!

At 20W you are up near 7A of current draw. This is a LOT for a ultra-high capacity 7A battery and even for a 10A one. They are very inefficient at levels this high and the voltage sag is severe. You can often get more vaping time from a more efficient 20A battery with lower capacity just because the 20A battery will hold its voltage up for longer before hitting the mod’s cutoff voltage.

Most of the batteries I choose for testing are a result of a large number of requests from the community. High current rated batteries are requested at least 200 times more often so those are the ones tested the most often.

I don’t know anything about that Keeppower but if I get a lot more requests I can add it to the testing queue. The queue is about 10-12 weeks deep now though.

The only thing I can recommend now is to try both the Keeppower and the Shockli I tested and see which works better for the way you vape. It’s a little more money but you’ll be using them for years and that investment will pay off every day with longer vaping time.

cvigti

Jun 25, 2012
    Portugal, Mafra

Well, to be fair, the battery I am talking about is rated 20A, not a "7A or even 10A one". ;)
    But we all know how batteries can have very inflated Amp ratings on the wrap.

I will trust your better judgement and will probably buy the iJoy ones, those seem to be very well tested batteries and even Geekvape includes a version of them in the kit (Golisi) learned from one of your videos there are many re-wraps of the same battery, the golisi and ijoy being ones.
    I would get the schockli ones but they are very hard (impossible maybe) to get here in europe. Will search a bit more though.
    Thank you for replying!!

:thumbs::thumb:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Well, to be fair, the battery I am talking about is rated 20A, not a "7A or even 10A one". ;)
    But we all know how batteries can have very inflated Amp ratings on the wrap.

I will trust your better judgement and will probably buy the iJoy ones, those seem to be very well tested batteries and even Geekvape includes a version of them in the kit (Golisi) learned from one of your videos there are many re-wraps of the same battery, the golisi and ijoy being ones.
    I would get the schockli ones but they are very hard (impossible maybe) to get here in europe. Will search a bit more though.
    Thank you for replying!!

:thumbs::thumb:

You mentioned that you could use a 7A or 10A battery so I was just addressing that. :)
    The Keeppower is labeled as a 20A battery but that sounds exceptionally optimistic considering it’s capacity. That is only a guess though.

cvigti

Jun 25, 2012
    Portugal, Mafra
    You mentioned that you could use a 7A or 10A battery so I was just addressing that. :)
    The Keeppower is labeled as a 20A battery but that sounds exceptionally optimistic considering it’s capacity. That is only a guess though.
    Just an update.
    Been searching around and found a graph and people saying the Keeppower 6000mAh is the same cell as the Schockli 5500mAh.
    upload_2018-2-12_18-52-57.png

Sadly there is no mention of amp used (don't even know if that matters tbh...) edit: it must be 10A or less, since it reaches past the 5500mAh mark...
    Found the graph from Mooch for the Schockli:
    61isEt6RvJL._SL1297_.jpg

Don't know if @Mooch can figure anything out about that first graph of the keeppower vs Shockly in terms of CDR rating...but if it is the same 20A as the Shockli, according to Mooch's chart, then it is a winner for me.
    By the way, this stuck in my head
    At 20W you are up near 7A of current draw. This is a LOT for a ultra-high capacity 7A battery and even for a 10A one. They are very inefficient at levels this high and the voltage sag is severe.
    , and I remembered what I currently use (have used for years in rotation) with my Ego AIO Pro (wife) and my VTC mini. I use the LG MJ1 (10A), Some purple efests that say 20A but I know they are 10A (very old efests from the time of my first provari), Panasonic NCR18650B (4.875A!) and a new LG HG2 (20A) (bought it 2 weeks ago with the Zenith to raise the amount to get free shipping for an order :p ).
    So I have been in the 10A and below for a good amount of years now, don't notice any difference in vape time when comparing to the HG2, and that is a new battery (might become better with use maybe...) :D
    I vape at 15W by the way, not 20W. That was the max I see going for, but never needed more than 15W, maybe if I get a coil head that happens to have a higher resistance...but all my Cubis and now Zenith coils have been on par with their ratings (0.6 and 0.8 ohms MTL).
    I digress.

I guess I might go for the 6000mAh Keeppowers after all, since I can't find any Shockli's and they seem to use the same cell.

:thumb:

edit2: that chart came from a flashlight forum. I am not sure if the cell used for the chart was the protected one or the unprotected...don't know if it would make a difference in a chart like that, since the protection is just something they add to the cell and reduces CDR/Amp limit, to my knowledge...
    Here is the link for the thread I saw it on: Keeppower 6000mah 26650 3.7V 22.2Wh | BudgetLightForum.com

Last edited:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    For me it’s different when wrapping company or manufacturer does this and when a vendor does it.

For a vendor selling batteries to lots of different users I see it as a standard CYA liability move. But when a wrapper/manufacturer targets and sells to vapers, pockets the profits, and then says not to use the battery for vaping I get ....... They should just do what Sony and LG do, not market to vapers and try to keep them out of our hands.

I am the OP on this thing. I didn't, perhaps understand the subtleties of your statements. I just was calling attention to this. I still am not sure anyone will market "vaper branded" rewraps for very long without their legal advisors pushing for such a warning. I do understand that the company in question "appropriated" a known product line's name, and that was sleazy, if not unlawful.
    That also increases the chances that the LG's and Sony's will try even harder to shut down their backchannels.
    Really, it just happened that I got my battery order the same day I read your article, and I took note of it.
    Not intended to be argumentative of anything you said. You do an amazing service to the vaper community here, and I have benefitted greatly from your expertise. You did the years of research, so I didn't have to...:)
    Thanks, Mooch

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread