HH357 vs BetterLife 3-hole dripping atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
That why I held back
I could have added egg suckin' and back stabbin' to the list

See in all fairness it was actually initially kind of on topic because I was using the better life attys and liked them. Rather than shelling out 22$ for a single hh357 I went with the phoenix. For 22$ I can rebuild about a 100 of those. So I guess I'm actually pointing out that if you like the better life or the hh357 and wanna make one yourself that works as well if not better then you want a Phoenix. See its kinda on topic. :)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
rba's are in a league of there own I would have to say,and not what this thread was about,, there are some really nice ones out there too, the phoenix doesn't even compare to some of them. The Fatty v2 blows the phoenix away, so does the chalice and even the ERA, the phoenix is about the cheapest one of all of them, you get what you pay for with an rba as well.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Yes, I believe you get what you pay for too, but only up to a certain point
Hopefully someone won't come out with a $500 atomizer for us "you get what you pay for" people

BTW - Is it even possible to actually obtain any of the atomizers you mention?

If an atomizer is next to impossible to obtain then it is not a valid option

JEEEEEZ...
And some people think a Provari is expensive
They must have never shopped for a "you get what you pay for" rebuildable atomizer

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
So, what did you think of the Betterlifes? I have had about 4 HH357 short barrel 2.5 ohms and for me, the consistency is just not there and they're too finnicky. I had one that just rocked my socks off and the rest have been a disappointment. I tried cleaning them per procedure and it still didn't help.

The better life, is a good atomizer... i got a couple at the same time i tried my first HH357.
I have been dripping for over 2 years, not a long time, but for vaping it's a long time... there is nothing that quite compares to the flavor of an HH357 ( i use HH357 901's and shortie 510's - 1.5 Ohm mostly, which has a rather cool vape for a 1.5 LR... compared to the 1.5 cisco's which are pretty hot. (cool/hot = meaning temperature of the vapor).
They are a little finnicky imo, but consistently enough better than good....
I stick with 1.5 LR's because I know it's going to vaporize that juice; you just have to be careful not to overdo it with the voltage/watts.

If you want consistency, stay with good conventional mass produced atomizers, like the Better Life, Joye, Cisco, Ikenvape, whatever, but ... there will not be the great flavor that Hanna's put out.
When i first tried the HH357 1.5 Ohm I had over a hundred new atomizers of various types that i relied on, so I bought in bulk where possible.... believe me you can vape monstrous clouds of vapor 'til your taste buds go numb... they just don't match the flavor of an HH357.
imo.
I sold 95% of my new attys and got a doz. 357's.
Because they can be finnicky, I don't recommend them to vapers who haven't had a lot of experience dripping. At that price, it's not worth using them to learn on. ymmv.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Yes, I believe you get what you pay for too, but only up to a certain point
Hopefully someone won't come out with a $500 atomizer for us "you get what you pay for" people

BTW - Is it even possible to actually obtain any of the atomizers you mention?

If an atomizer is next to impossible to obtain then it is not a valid option

JEEEEEZ...
And some people think a Provari is expensive
They must have never shopped for a "you get what you pay for" rebuildable atomizer

Lol. Agreed. Had been on the waiting list for a long while now for a get what you pay for Penelope. I'm second guessing this now just because, really? Is it really going to be that much better than this one. I get a pretty darn good vape out of this thing. Goes right along with my 60 some dollar tank that I rarely use because my cheap ole vivi nova works just as well, is easier to fill, and if I want a new coil in it I make one.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Oh I forgot to say that if you want a sure thing... for a hybrid (not a HH357) but for $9, the Vapage shifu spec Hybrid, in 1.5 Ohm puts out plumes of some of the best tasting vapor I've had, and not finnicky!.
Close to the Aero, maybe better... they're very similar in design (which is a massed produced sort of 357 copy).

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
DantesInferno
I'll let you in on a little secret
A rebuildable atomizer is nothing more than a hollow cylinder that contains two terminals
At one end it screws into an atomizer socket
And the other end has a hole for a drip tip

There is absolutely no reason in the world to spend hundreds of dollars for one
Look in the classifieds, I suspect that many of the people selling their pricey rebuildable atomizers had to find out the hard way that there is really nothing to a rebuildable atomizer. And there are always plenty of people trying to unload them.

I doubt that you will ever see someone trying to unload a $10 Phoenix in the classifieds
And certainly not for more than they paid for it

I just calls um the way I sees um
Somebody had to say it

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Well I think thats a bit ridiculous, I never paid that much for a good RBA, no where close to $500. I think my Fatty v2 was about $60-$80 bucks and its the best dam Atty I have had yet as far as a dripping Atty, so equal to 3-4 357's or say 8-9 regular Atty's which is a bargain in my opinion since my Fatty v2 will last a life time. As far as availability I was able to get a hold of every RBA that has been released so far so that hasnt been a problem for me either. Of course they are all made in runs and you have to be ready and know where to get them just like everything else. And in my opinion you absolutely do get what you pay for, and if you want the newest and best gear out there you have to be on top of things to be able to obtain it, not everything is mass produced like the standard Chinese Atty's are, heck even 357's run low at times just like all great gear you have to be quick and snatch it up when its there to be had. Sometimes you win sometimes you may loose but if you know what your looking for then it shouldn't be to hard to obtain things when they come out, or else you wait for a 2nd run. I think the best RBA's will be taking over pretty soon too as good as some of them are, I'm putting them on everything I own so I dont have to buy Atty's anymore or make them,,, wick and wire is also dirt cheap :)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Call em as you see em but the Fatty v2 blows away the cheaper phoenix, by far, bar none ! Phoenix doesn't even come close or compare, I'd spend $60-$80 for a Fatty v2 all day long before I shelled out $15 for a phoenix, and ya I own 4 phoenix Atty's before I had the Fatty v2,,,, not even a close comparison Fatty v2 for the win.

Phoenix is a cheap nickle coated RBA

Fatty is a precision milled SS Atty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Qhs7xivGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsOd2JhW_FQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ejmh3zjrMY

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
I may have been born yesterday
But I stayed up late last night

Not sure what you mean by this, I think the saying goes I was born at night but not last night/ but watch the videos below and show me a phoenix that puts out thick plums like a Fatty v2

I own a couple of each phoenix and Fatty v2,,, There is no comparison NONE, The Fatty is a high quality SS RBA that works awesome, Phoenix isnt even a close 2nd.

I dont think $60-$80 is really that much at all to pay for a high quality machine SS RBA either.

Just no Phoenix that will match this Fatty v2 set up, none :)

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
OK you can know your stuff,,, and I'll take what I know to the BANK,,,,,,,,,,I'll take a high quality machined SS product over a brass plated Nickel or cheaper any day of the week,,,and like I said the Fatty v2 has it all over the Phoenix, there is NO Comparison.

I never stated that the SS was the reason it put out the huge plumes of vapor, the reason the Fatty V2 is much better is not only because of the quality of the SS machining but how it is built over the phoenix, there is much more room to build a much nicer coil in a Fatty v2 then the Phoenix and the contact points have it all over those tiny cheaply done screws on a phoenix and the air flow and air flow control ring is also much nicer on the Fatty which is very important, and the Phoenix doesnt even have this. The Fatty also allows you to put the air flow holes where you want to maximize air flow too,The phoenix has very little room, no air flow control, no adjustment to where the air hole goes, and is just no where even close to the higher quality build of the Fatty v2. You can have the last words, but they aren't going to count for much in this disagreement, Now I'm outta here I have no time for this !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread