Hi All! wanted advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
My daily go to is a Releaux Rx mini. Usually with Dead Rabbit rda at 65 watts. Lacking great reviews I really like this mod. Equipped with a silicone cover it has been very durable. I dropped it many times. Once while riding my scooter. It slid across two lanes of traffic and when I retrieved it there was only a scuff on the drip tip.

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hello and welcome.

I am not into keeping up with the latest technology (though I admit I have many), but my daily knock-around vape is an Eleaf 50w that I use when I am out for the day. At home, I switch between that, my Lotus, and a Suorin-- depending on the flavor e-liquid I am wanting at the moment.

It's morning right now, so I am using the Suorin because it has Creamed Coffee e-liquid in it. My Eleaf contains Cool Menthol and my Lotus has Heavenly Shangri-La.

Reactions: stols001

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
new to vaping.

Hi "Jane"...Welcome to vaping and ECF...

All pretty good suggestions so far...but...some are somewhat esoteric, some are somewhat expensive, some require you to build coils and some are way overpowered for someone just starting out...

Me...I'd buy a $22 Goby...(code MOD10 will knock it down to $20)...you get a Mod and a Tank...and you can try 10Watts to 13.5Watts to see what you like...

And I'd get some flavorful...but inexpensive...ejuice to try some different flavors...(I was a "heavy" smoker and nicotine-6mg., for me, works GREAT)...

Then...I'd just hang out in ECF for awhile...(vaping my Goby and low-cost ejuice)...and read about the advantages/disadvantages of the 100's of Mods and Tanks being discussed here all the time...

When you run across another set-up you think you might want to try...just go to Vapecrawler to find the best price...

:2c:

Innokin JEM/Goby Starter Kit - 2ml & 1000mAh

Buy E-Liquid and Ejuice on Sale - Cheap E Juice 120mL and 60mL and Vape Juice Wholesale | LNW

[Goby thread: Innokin Goby Kit ]

Last edited:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Hi "Jane"...Welcome to vaping and ECF...

All pretty good suggestions so far...but...some are somewhat esoteric, some are somewhat expensive, some require you to build coils and some are way overpowered for someone just starting out...

For simplicity and low price I think nothing will beat Mi One...you can buy it for $20

Mi-One Anime Bundle

Below review:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
WOW!!! I head elsewhere on ECF...and return to find that BrotherBob and Janusz have posted some GREAT information...

To kinda' keep everything organized...you may want to click on "Watch Thread" at the top of the posts on this thread (and every other thread that you decide you want to Watch)…(I usually mark NO Emails on the pop-up)…

Then...whenever you return to ECF...you can click on "Watched Threads" at the top...and you'll get a list of the threads you Watch with their UNread (by you) posts...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey, guys! Call me Jane. Glad to join you all. New here and new to vaping. I really want some help to make a choice. What vape are you guys using at the moment?
Hi and welcome,

In use: RSQ with MantaV2, Calix V3 and Pico, Justfog minifit.

Tell us how you smoke(d), how long/how many.
Do you wish to recreate a cigarette like inhale?
Do you have a vape shop close to you?
What is your budget?

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome aboard. I could list my 12 setups right now but I'm not sure how much good it would do you, because I (like many) have a specific style of vaping and I amassed what I amassed with a lot of experimentation along the way.

Telling us more about your smoking habits and what you are looking for in a vape, like clouds, flavor, ease of use, internal or external battery, vape style pen or if pods look appealing, just whatever you are kind of thinking, and you can get suggestions from there. It all depends on what you want but ease of use and it not necessarily being pricy, for either the setup and or the liquid to go in it are what I would suggest. That way, if you don't love your vape immediately, well, it can be easier to continue on to different setups and save your money for when it counts, which would be when/as you are narrowing in your tastes. I mean, it's fairly unusual to land on one's perfect vape on the first try and it only gets harder as more and more mods are developed. Etc.

I'm glad you are asking the question, but saying "What are you using" merely tells you about someone else's preference, not what will work for you.

Welcome to ECF.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
What we individually enjoy isn't actually of much use to you until you get a sense of what you like. If there are any shops you can access go in and browse, ask questions, and do not let yourself be talked into buying. Take note of what you find appealing and come back and ask about them.

Welcome to the ECF community .

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I think Tarzan uses a Voopoo Drag with an ELeaf Melo tank and 0.3 ohm coil pack.

Not sure what Cheetah uses anymore. He's so dang secretive about his vaping habit.

I use beginner kits. Innokin Kroma with a Zenith tank that uses a 1.6 ohm coil pack and Aspire Rover X with a Nautilis X tank with 1.8 ohm coil pack.

For uber battery life I picked a Geek Vape Aegis 100 and use an Innokin Zenith using a 1.8 ohm coil pack.

Welcome aboard. First decide if you prefer a mouth to lung 'drag' like a cigarette or direct lung type of vape. From there your choices are still vast but at least you're half way there. Then get familiar with some of the lingo so local shops will know what you are looking for drag-wise, battery life wise and tank capacity.

Example: I went into a shop and said "I want a good drag from an adjustable airflow tank". The proprietor sold me a tank that was adjustable alright... garden hose flow to vacuum cleaner hose flow and nothing close to the 'tight' airflow I wanted. Now had I said "I want an airtight capable tank, that don't leak and vapes with a plus ohm coil pack" he may have saved me $25 and sold me the right gear the first time. I bought another tank somewhere else after learning some terms so the proprietor understood my wants.

My wife started out with a free flowing pen that can drag like a cigarette or direct lung by changing airflow settings. Once she learned what flavors she prefers, what characteristics of a drag she prefers she took it from there. Ends up she prefers pens to mods.

Last edited:

M.Ali

Aug 19, 2018
Oman
Hi Jane and welcome to eco. I’m new here to but I’ve been vaping for 2 years now.
That’s the million dollar question. Unfortunately you will end up spending a lot of money until you find what exactly suits your needs.
Am sure there are a lot of pro vapers in here that hopefully will make this choise a lot cheaper and easier.
But I think If you can specify a few points to us, it will help in getting the correct choise to u. Like do u like tight/cigerate like draw or a looser pipe like draw. Your budget. Do you want it with a built in battery or external. Does the size matter to you? Do you prefere tobacco flavors or are you open to the wide and crazy verity of juices out there.
Most importantly is this your very first set up just to give vaping a try? Or are you in it all the way?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hi Jane - welcome!
You didn't really ask for recommendations (yet), so I won't give any, but tell you what I use & how I got there:

I smoked many years, and wanted something to replace that style - MTL.
So I started with an Aspire Zelos kit, and decided to start building rta's. Went thru all the Kayfuns (liked the Mini 3 best), and several other atty's. Now I use SXK and SJMY Doggystyle RTA's only. Currently using them on Sbody Macro DNA 75 mod, Wismec P80 mod, and Artery Nugget mod. I think mods make only a minor difference in the quality of vape, so I spent most of my time getting the right tank & juice for my style. I use only tobacco flavorings, and started with Halo Tribecca and Indigo's Duke, mostly. Now I make my own juice, from Stixx Mixx - a naturally extracted tobacco flavoring, which if you like tobacco, you'll find NET's are the closest thing to smoking (only better!). I was just thinking today that if I started with what I'm using now, it would've been SOOO much easier! But we all start with something, experiment, and then hopefully find our sweet spot.

Good luck - don't be afraid to ask specific questions, and you'll get a lot of great info here!

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
What we individually enjoy isn't actually of much use to you until you get a sense of what you like. If there are any shops you can access go in and browse, ask questions, and do not let yourself be talked into buying. Take note of what you find appealing and come back and ask about them.

Welcome to the ECF community .

But.....I am afraid if she will browse my local vape shops we will have to decide which of mods below is the best...:).and this task will not be easy....all those mods are very appealing to most newbe vapers... at least in my area...

SMOK ProColor 225W TC
SMOK H-PRIV 2 225W TC
SMOK Devilkin 225W TC
SMOK MAG 225W TC
SMOK Majesty Luxe 225W TC
SMOK Vape Pen 22
SMOK Stick X8
SMOK Stick Prince
SMOK Resa Stick Vape Pen
SMOK G-PRIV
SMOK G-Priv 2 Luxe Edition 230W
SMOK I-PRIV 230W
SMOK E-PRIV 230W TC
SMOK PRIV V8 60W TC
SMOK T-PRIV 220W
SMOK AL85 Alien Baby 85W
SMOK GX2/4 350W TC
SMOK OSUB King 220W
SMOK Veneno 225W TC

and after we will decide which mod we will have to decide which tank....and after that we will have to explain which coils will be the best....

V8 BABY-Q2 / 0.6OHM / DUAL COIL V8 BABY-Q4 / 0.4OHM / QUAD COIL V8 BABY-Q2 / 0.4OHM / DUAL COIL V8 BABY-T6 / 0.2OHM / SEXTUPLE COIL V8 BABY-T8 / 0.15OHM / OCTO COIL V8 BABY-M2 / 0.15OHM / DUAL COIL V8 BABY-M2 / 0.25OHM / DUAL COIL V8 BABY-X4 / 0.15OHM / QUAD COIL V8 BABY-T12 / 0.15OHM / DUODECUPLE COIL V8 BABY-T12 GREEN LIGHT / 0.15OHM V8 BABY-T12 RED LIGHT / 0.15OHM V8 BABY-T12 ORANGE LIGHT / 0.15OHM V8 BABY RBA - 0.35 RBA COIL CORE

As somewhat... lazy vaper... I would recommend Zenith Kroma kit plus one easy DTL tank (for example original Uwell Crown with 0.5 ohm coil) .:D

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Welcome Jane!

You're getting some good advice here and a lot of examples of what people are using. There really are a lot of options today in vaping. Pods are great for the most direct replacement of a cigarette. Small, not a lot of vapor. Restricted draw. Some you only need to draw and they start vaping automatically. All in one pen style (like a tube) units are the next closest. If you want to jump in both feet from the get go, there are a ton of great box mods out there. Two battery box mods with an atty connector that will allow for a 25mm diameter atty will give you a plethora of attys to choose from. I was very fortunate when I started. A friend introduced me to a great vaping shop and they asked me a lot of questions. What did I smoke. How many did I smoke. The questions went on and on. Then they started showing me options. Even that would be more complex today as there are many more nicotine options than when I started. I really wouldn't feel comfortable giving advice on a persons first purchase any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread