Hit it or Quit it - Apricot Ambition (SR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
I might just cry. I haven't done a review yet and I'm holding off til I can figure out how to vape this one. I'm not getting apricot. Not at all. Not even peach. I get a not too sweet, almost potpourri kind of fruit flavor, very mild, and faint. I'm afraid it's my taste buds not picking up the apricot or being wonky right now. I'm a little stuffy from allergies, but I seem to be tasting other juices okay. I have looked forward to this juice since I first heard it existed. I've tried it in my TOBH with cotton, in a tank with a rebuilt coil, a stock coil, and nothing. In the Aerotank it wasn't good, oh no, no no. Im gonna give it some time to come around. Maybe it's the combo of the 6 mg. with NZ that dulls the flavor. I'm grapsing at straws here. I want apricot juice!! :(

It could be your taste buds. I have the same problem with certain fruit flavored vapes. I ran Betelgeuse through 3 different clero systems and a dripper and all I get is hair conditioner. It's definitely not the juice. Too many people taste it just fine. Apricot Ambition has no apricot flavor at all unless I exhale through my nose and I'm not a fan of doing that. Thankfully I don't get perfume with AA but I know exactly what you mean. It sucks when you aren't compatible with a flavor but thems the breaks. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Steep time: about an hour

Nic Level:18

Tank/Atomizer: Tobh Atty RDA

Mod: (mechanical, VV) MVP 2.0

Thoughts/Tasting Notes:
Oh come to mama! Turn it up! Fills my mouth with apricot sugary goodness, both ripe and sundried at the same time. So good! The higher I cranked the wattage, the more saucy this wench got, with a peppery backnote on the exhale that I just have to keep in my face. Pairing it off with a nice cuppa white ginger pear tea from Tea Forte, which literally screamed from the cupboard to come join it. I hope I have some of this left when my dna 30 cana arrives someday.

10 of 10 score!

Whoa Merry - I like it. I love it!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I might just cry. I haven't done a review yet and I'm holding off til I can figure out how to vape this one. I'm not getting apricot. Not at all. Not even peach. I get a not too sweet, almost potpourri kind of fruit flavor, very mild, and faint. I'm afraid it's my taste buds not picking up the apricot or being wonky right now. I'm a little stuffy from allergies, but I seem to be tasting other juices okay. I have looked forward to this juice since I first heard it existed. I've tried it in my TOBH with cotton, in a tank with a rebuilt coil, a stock coil, and nothing. In the Aerotank it wasn't good, oh no, no no. Im gonna give it some time to come around. Maybe it's the combo of the 6 mg. with NZ that dulls the flavor. I'm grapsing at straws here. I want apricot juice!! :(

Argh! I hope this isn't a blind spot for you :( It will come around, I have faith. <3

I love the new AVI!!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
AA is a super mild flavor. I get a really light, although very refreshing flavor. Wish it was stronger, but can't do much about it now.

Will save it for those times I over eat and even a rich flake is too much.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

I get a very "full" flavor - knowing the % of flavoring in there, and qualities of the respective flavorings, it shouldn't be faint at all. Odd.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I knew it!! And you're not sharing? Lol. More power to you. You deserve it. Now-frenilla makes top 10, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Undecided. :) Probably, though. Hard to cut it, but, it's hard to cut ANY of them.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
DC Metro Area
I get a very "full" flavor - knowing the % of flavoring in there, and qualities of the respective flavorings, it shouldn't be faint at all. Odd.

Maybe for at least a handful of us we "can't" taste it. I get super faint too. It SMELLS amazing, but doesn't translate to the juice. Not gonna give up though.

p.s. my new Avi is my girly kitty, my siamese gets all the love since he's so pretty, but she's a sweetie, I mean, look at that face :D

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Maybe for at least a handful of us we "can't" taste it. I get super faint too. It SMELLS amazing, but doesn't translate to the juice. Not gonna give up though.

p.s. my new Avi is my girly kitty, my siamese gets all the love since he's so pretty, but she's a sweetie, I mean, look at that face :D

She's a doll. :)

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA

Cat people are the best! Wish I had a clowder of cats.

Darn allergies.

I'd have to lock the door before vaping The Paste, though.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
I just cracked mine open last night and let it breathe for a couple of hours and shook well. Put away and opened up this morning. I'm in the same camp as Brookj1986 and a couple of others that the flavor is there, it just isn't a strong apricot flavor I'm tasting or would prefer. I can taste it on the exhale and can detect a creaminess as well. I think I'll let this one steep for a couple of weeks and come back to it.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
I just cracked mine open last night and let it breathe for a couple of hours and shook well. Put away and opened up this morning. I'm in the same camp as Brookj1986 and a couple of others that the flavor is there, it just isn't a strong apricot flavor I'm tasting or would prefer. I can taste it on the exhale and can detect a creaminess as well. I think I'll let this one steep for a couple of weeks and come back to it.
OK. Maybe I was a little hasty in my initial reaction. After vaping on AA in my Reo while working on emails, the flavor has started to come through for me. I am actually liking the subtle flavor and am picking up more of the apricot on the inhale and a lot more on the exhale. This could possibly be an ADV for me.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
OK. Maybe I was a little hasty in my initial reaction. After vaping on AA in my Reo while working on emails, the flavor has started to come through for me. I am actually liking the subtle flavor and am picking up more of the apricot on the inhale and a lot more on the exhale. This could possibly be an ADV for me.
OK, I'm really embarrassed now. After vaping all day in my Reo along with my new GCD (Thanks Clark!), I have to say I'm now a big fan of AA, even without steeping. The apricot flavor is just right and I get a creamy finish with it as well. I can't imagine how great it will be after some steeping, if it lasts that long. Fingers off the NT site for at least a week.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
OK, I'm really embarrassed now. After vaping all day in my Reo along with my new GCD (Thanks Clark!), I have to say I'm now a big fan of AA, even without steeping. The apricot flavor is just right and I get a creamy finish with it as well. I can't imagine how great it will be after some steeping, if it lasts that long. Fingers off the NT site for at least a week.

Apparently Apricot Ambition requires a three step program! :laugh: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread