Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
All I have of the Slice, all (3) of them, are the SE's, (2) Silver and (1) Black. The Black one I had to strip after only 3-4 weeks the paint was so bad, Sorry. I was wondering if the LE's were just as bad.

I just got an email from Mt. Baker which had this link:

Hohm Tech Hohm Slice 26650 Mod

Saw that and I'm mebe gonna have to get an LE in the blue (my fav). I'm just too tempted to strip or skin the std's. But one speckled oxidized blue I walked around with got more props for a while than any other mod I own. Go figure.

Also I found the the flat sharp edge of a ceramic tweezer does short work of stripping the paint right off these things. No elbow grease required. So I'm far less concerned about owning one of these for the paint. It can be anything I want it to be. It's just I like the orig blue.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yea, it don't take much to knock the paint right off these things, does it. So the "Distressed" look is in ?? Huh !! I'll have to make note of that. How times have changed.;) We seem to be complaining about something that is in "Vogue". buy one Mac, knock some paint off with your tweezers, then sell it for a $10 profit.:lol::lol:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Yea, it don't take much to knock the paint right off these things, does it. So the "Distressed" look is in ?? Huh !! I'll have to make note of that. How times have changed.;) We seem to be complaining about something that is in "Vogue". buy one Mac, knock some paint off with your tweezers, then sell it for a $10 profit.:lol::lol:

Well I'm not in the biz of doing that. But I'm def not averse to the opp of upgrading my own. Started a heck of a lot of peeps with quality gear and setups over the past 4 years. Take 'em as far as they'll go…hopefully rebuilding and DIY.

Surprised tho bout the worn Slice. Had two offers jus vapin it once I decided to start pickin' at it and mottled the finish. So it's an intriguing mod no matter how you look at it. And yer right, I've never lost money on one. Flip side, I've got a horde of skins and one of those days I'd like to hold on to one long enough to try some.

:D Good luck.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I was over on another thread a few days ago, and it was said to me that these HohmTech devices didn't do TC/TL at all. I was shocked, to say the least. What say Ya'll ??

Well, If you watch P. Basardo's video on the Hohm Wrecker, He's not to impressed with the TC.
I have been experimenting with mine, I find I'm not getting the vape I'm used to (DNA TC) in TC with Titanium :(
In all honesty, I think the DNA does work better in TC on Ti.
How ever, I have installed a Premade kanthol coil in a Sub ohm tank, the ability to dial it right in to my liking is Pretty Cool :) I'm running mine with a Melo tank & a .3 ohm Eleaf coil @ 45% on the Kanthol Temp Curve & it's vaping like a Boss! :)

If you want the best TC experience a DNA mite be better? But for the Money, the Mods quality, Fit & Finnish & Functionality is well worth the price of admission :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I just ordered 2 more last week and there are on the way.....Silver and Tiffany Blue.
@MacTechVpr
Where did you find the skins for these? jwrap?

:)

Yes jwrap and vaporskinz. I like the matte finish options on many of the latter; but, jwrap's templates are more precisely detailed (fewer gaps in design). Precision overall of both is pretty decent. I'm a big fan just too busy to really have fun with it. Wraps are great therapy for shinyitis.

Tho the Slice is just gorgeous stripped and polished with 4Ø steel wool, gonna have to deploy another blue and artistically chip and mottle it. I selectively brushed small chipped areas with 4Ø cutting thru the primer in some areas and not in other ending up with various shades of oxidation in both contrasting the slightly roughened blue. That was def a winner. But got bored one day, stripped it all.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes jwrap and vaporskinz. I like the matte finish options on many of the latter; but, jwrap's templates are more precisely detailed (fewer gaps in design). Precision overall of both is pretty decent. I'm a big fan just too busy to really have fun with it. Wraps are great therapy for shinyitis.

Tho the Slice is just gorgeous stripped and polished with 4Ø steel wool, gonna have to deploy another blue and artistically chip and mottle it. I selectively brushed small chipped areas with 4Ø cutting thru the primer in some areas and not in other ending up with various shades of oxidation in both contrasting the slightly roughened blue. That was def a winner. But got bored one day, stripped it all.

I have ordered many times from jwraps throughout the years but vaporskinz is new to me. I really like some of the wraps they have.
Thank you for the info.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread