Holy crap-high drain 18650 battery on ggts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
There are numerous anecdotal accounts on ECF that batteries perform better, meaning last longer, after 5-6 charge/discharge cycles. Nothing mentioned about more oomph......

Mac though is right, 4.2 volts off the charger is 4.2 volts off the charger.

Charging them correctly is important, not letting them get too low in voltage is important, but with NO memory effect, voltage is voltage, there is NO break-in period required to improve battery performance, done deal.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
There are numerous anecdotal accounts on ECF that batteries perform better, meaning last longer, after 5-6 charge/discharge cycles. Nothing mentioned about more oomph......

Mac though is right, 4.2 volts off the charger is 4.2 volts off the charger.

The F-bomb! Geez, I can't believe it took me so long to understand your avatar!

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
not deliver, but keep the voltage longer, just my 2 cents

Isn't that what mah is? Higher mah keeps that fresh of the charger voltage longer?

It's starting to feel like people have their opinions and that's that! If you like them and they work better for you, who cares!!! I got 'em and I like 'em. The advantage for me is safer chemistry and a smaller form factor. I've yet to determine any better functionality using one atty on any "standard" mod. With two atty's on my DBSB, there is definitely an improvement using these batteries.....and that's why I bought them.

Peace.

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
The F-bomb! Geez, I can't believe it took me so long to understand your avatar!

That's where I got my nick-name from. Always dropping the f-bomb in inappropriate situations and the guys at work starting calling me "boomboom" cuz they never knew when the explosions would start. :lol::lol::lol:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Isn't that what mah is? Higher mah keeps that fresh of the charger voltage longer?

It's starting to feel like people have their opinions and that's that! If you like them and they work better for you, who cares!!! I got 'em and I like 'em. The advantage for me is safer chemistry and a smaller form factor. I've yet to determine any better functionality using one atty on any "standard" mod. With two atty's on my DBSB, there is definitely an improvement using these batteries.....and that's why I bought them.

Peace.

You are correct on all points, and since you only notice a real difference on you "two atty" mod, that was the OP's point and video. Other then atty ohm resistance, the rest of us using 3.7 volt batteries with standard atty's most likely will NOT notice a difference. Maybe on the lower ohm 510 atty, but not beyond that. As far as "opinions" that is why we come here to share our findings.

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
People on the carlos juice box mod are also reporting better vape and less flooding using them.

Interesting.......could be due to Carlos atty design and having less resistance than a 510 atty. Less resistance = more amperage draw = more demand placed on conventional LiON batteries. The 10C rating on the LiMN could be better able to meet the demands of the amperage draw.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Interesting.......could be due to Carlos atty design and having less resistance than a 510 atty. Less resistance = more amperage draw = more demand placed on conventional LiON batteries. The 10C rating on the LiMN could be better able to meet the demands of the amperage draw.

Yeah, LETS talk SPECS if we are to talk about this somewhat intelligently, otherwise as you said, it's all just opinions about nothing based on battery science and a waste of time.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
The carlos juice box is a self contained box mod where a squeeze of a bottle of juice feeds the atty from the bottom. The atty has been modified by carlos to take out what he calls 'fail points' built into them by the chinese manufacturers that cause, well, failure. The attys are reported to last for six months or more of vaping.

The juiceboxes are also reported to have a warm, wet, extremely flavorful vape. $90 to order, and at least a two month wait or more to receive it. There's a bunch of people who are clamoring to even get ON the waiting list.

Search for juiceboxfans under social groups and you'll find two dozen or more threads about it.

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I agree!!!!!

But how do we find the specs for the atty's draw and all that "math" that would be involved in figuring out what the draw is on a LiON 18650 with whatever "C" rating a LiON has?

If that draw demand from the atty exceeds LiON "C" rating, then a higher "C" rating would provide a scientifically proven more intense vape.

It's over my head, but maybe someone could jump in and help here.

I'm just a cop, not a chemist/electrician/battery guru.................and, no, more donuts won't make me smarter.........tried it already:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
The carlos juice box is a self contained box mod where a squeeze of a bottle of juice feeds the atty from the bottom. The atty has been modified by carlos to take out what he calls 'fail points' built into them by the chinese manufacturers that cause, well, failure. The attys are reported to last for six months or more of vaping.

The juiceboxes are also reported to have a warm, wet, extremely flavorful vape. $90 to order, and at least a two month wait or more to receive it. There's a bunch of people who are clamoring to even get ON the waiting list.

Search for juiceboxfans under social groups and you'll find two dozen or more threads about it.

I've heard of it, I'm talking about the SPECS of the batteries it uses, assuming it can use any of the atty's the GGTS uses, then how is it any different using these batteries we are talking about?

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
I've heard of it, I'm talking about the SPECS of the batteries it uses, assuming it can use any of the atty's the GGTS uses, then how is it any different using these batteries we are talking about?

It uses any 18650 battery. And it only uses the carlos atty with special sauce.

And who knows, maybe the whole thing is a placebo effect. Have you looked at the multiple pages of discussion on the original high drain batteries thread?

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I agree!!!!!

But how do we find the specs for the atty's draw and all that "math" that would be involved in figuring out what the draw is on a LiON 18650 with whatever "C" rating a LiON has?

If that draw demand from the atty exceeds LiON "C" rating, then a higher "C" rating would provide a scientifically proven more intense vape.

It's over my head, but maybe someone could jump in and help here.

I'm just a cop, not a chemist/electrician/battery guru.................and, no, more donuts won't make me smarter.........tried it already:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Donuts, aside, my brother was a police officer for 20 years, and retired, he preferred pizza. You are right, it's the atty draw, not the battery chemistry. The math is online, I'll have to find my notes if you really want the formula's. I don't see any "intense vape" here, nor did I expect one. What I got was a AH battery that many swear by, and the mAh rating is "supposedly" more accurate then many of the other chinese battery makers that lie about them, overly.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Donuts, aside, my brother was a police officer for 20 years, and retired, he preferred pizza. You are right, it's the atty draw, not the battery chemistry. The math is online, I'll have to find my notes if you really want the formula's. I don't see any "intense vape" here, nor did I expect one. What I got was a AH battery that many swear by, and the mAh rating is "supposedly" more accurate then many of the other chinese battery makers that lie about them, overly.

So that could explain why I could tell a difference on my 510, especially if it's well seasoned?

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
It uses any 18650 battery. And it only uses the carlos atty with special sauce.

And who knows, maybe the whole thing is a placebo effect. Have you looked at the multiple pages of discussion on the original high drain batteries thread?

Yes, I have looked at that thread, maybe you can post it for other lurkers here? I don't know about "special sauce", and I have a bunch of 18650 batteries, so maybe it is indeed a "placebo" effect. I did not expect anything special about these batteries when I bought them, but am following up on the claims based on a user, see original post #1, who uses a double-barrel mod, and almost seemed to be "selling" them. I'm not disappointed at all if they last long and vape at 3.7 volts, as they are doing now.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Yes, I have looked at that thread, maybe you can post it for other lurkers here? I don't know about "special sauce", and I have a bunch of 18650 batteries, so maybe it is indeed a "placebo" effect. I did not expect anything special about these batteries when I bought them, but am following up on the claims based on a user, see original post #1, who uses a double-barrel mod, and almost seemed to be "selling" them. I'm not disappointed at all if they last long and vape at 3.7 volts, as they are doing now.

I posted the link in the original post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread